The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fool's Chance

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Lucius bit his lip, watching as the event-all slowly faded out and they were brought back to the Slytherin common room. He felt sick, seeing his father and Charlus- the only man his father seemed to respect, be attacked so viciously by bludgers. "Harry that boy, my father never mentioned him. He never mentioned any thing from his school days to me. Not a word, other than he loved being seeker, and he was quite good at it. My father... he doesn't really say much of anything. Everything I know of him from this time was learned from event-alls." He looked sheepish, and that was true- it was a guess to Lucius what his father wanted or even liked. But he was more than certain of one thing, his father respected purity of their blood.

"He could have! I never knew... That boy was dangerous- a psychopath. I've seen him arguing with my father before in event-alls, but never for a long period of time, and most of what my father said to him was that 'You don't know our issues as pure-bloods, so don't pretend to champion us when you're only half. You'll never know anything'- he usually scowled and stomped off." Lucius shrugged. "Father's words are quite cruel, especially when they are intended to be so."

And then he blinked. "...I found this behind a loose stone in the dorm room upstairs. He must have hid it there- and no one found it until now. You're right, his eyes were frightening- I am not very brave Harry, I think if someone turned those eyes on me, I would not last long. ...Please do not think ill of me for that, courage is a rather difficult thing to muster, and unfortunately that apparently skipped my generation. However..." He turned his eyes away from Harry, folding his hands over his knees. "Since you have been around, I've felt less frightened of the match tomorrow. I am ready to play, even. Still scared, mind you. I think you are good for me Harry, I-I like being around you. You haven't been around much but yet... I feel slightly different about things. More determined about things than usual." His grey eyes rounded back on Harry, meeting his emerald eyes. "Your eyes aren't like that boy's Harry. They're warm. Inquisitive. I rather like them. Er.. but I should be quiet now, lest I make things more awkward- I am sorry if my opening up to you bothered you at all."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 2:07 am

"I see why your dad never mentioned him," he said with a slight frown. "He looks like he's bad news all the way around and I'd swear he was trying to off your dad. I still don't get why but just a guess here. Maybe he just didn't like the idea of your dad and Charlus being chummy. I gather from the sorting that er...a lot of pride is taken into this whole sorting thing. If you're in Slytherin or Gryffindor then you're supposed to loath each other from the get go but if you're Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw you're overlooked most times. Sad really this whole sorting thing. I'm not sure it does more good than harm even though it does give the spirit of friendly competition among houses. Just...some houses are taking it more seriously than others for no apparent reason other than history. Just because Goddric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin fell out doesn't mean everyone has to carry on their grudge."

Harry looked over at Lucius, unsure how to take his rambling confession. I like being around you... If Harry didn't know better he'd say Lucius fancied him. Wait a minute! He studied Lucius' mannerisms and how he wouldn't look him in the eye. He thought about the potion's incident and now the one on one time with the event all. The more he started piecing things together, the more it seemed like Lucius may have fancied him...and he wasn't sure he liked that. Lucius of today was very different from the one of his time. He was smart, eager, friends with his mom--which was plus, and he seemed like a person you could like provided you could ignore that Malfoy snobbish arrogance.

However, this man wanted to kill him in the future and that was hard to shake off, even if Lucius was good looking. "I...gee Lucius, I don't know what to say really. I've been through a lot; had the weight of the world on my shoulders so I guess I just don't have time to think about being scared. I think you'll do alright and if you don't if you hold your head up and even if you don't win your team should be proud of ya for trying."

Harry did the best he could, which was offer a smile. The confession and realization hit him like a bludger to the head and he needed time to process it. "Its alright. I'm not an open person. Not really good at talking about my feelings so...yeah." He looked away not sure what to say anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:27 am

"Right, and I believe- just like always- I have said too much." Lucius said flippantly. "I don't have many friends my own age. I dislike Crabbe and Goyle for being two dullards, and as for Narcissa, I barely get to speak with her over the din of her two other sisters. You, Sev, and Evans are it- and when I've got one of your ears I fear I will talk it off. Pathetic, isn't it? With my looks, I only have three friends and one is leaving?" He was joking, but deep inside his stomach churned.

"Well Harry, thank you again for your advice, and watching the game with me. I'll see you tomorrow on the pitch for the game. Sleep well!" He stood up from his seat and gave a slight bow before heading up to his room, silently cursing himself for being so open. Of course Harry was the strong silent type! Why did this have to be so hard?

After getting ready for bed, he flopped down on his bed, staring up at the bed's canopy. He closed his grey eyes, forcing sleep upon himself as his stomach quickly filled with butterflies for tomorrow's game.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:04 am

Harry sighed watching Lucius leave before gathering up the rest of his things following suit. He was tired and now felt the drain of the day. Most of all he felt weird and possibly irritated at Lucius all at once. The man was an evil git in their own time. He was a handsome, rich, arrogant arse of a snooty snob who never wasted an opportunity to off him or make some awful remark about his life. That was the Lucius Malfoy he knew and hated with every fiber of his being. That was the Lucius Malfoy he planned to crucio the instant he saw him again.

But that was not the Lucius he was being forced to share a house with. This Lucius was high strung, arrogant, beside himself, but more likeable than his adult self. Much more likeable and probably fancied him, a guy who'd like to see the life leave his cold eyes someday. It was all too complicated.

Harry peeled off pieces of clothing and crawled into bed. He was tired and he once again felt the tug of Ron and Hermione. He pulled the time turner out wondering if he just went back a half hour to see them would it screw with time, but he also knew that if he left now, he would not come back despite seeing his mother and father. He couldn't reveal to them who he was and at twelve years old they hardly knew how to give him what Mr. and Mrs. Weasley gave him whenever he visited.

Harry tucked the time turner away before letting sleep claim him.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:06 pm

The next morning, the Slytherin quidditch team was clustered in the common room. The Mundunguses were conducting a last minute meeting before the game was to begin very soon. Lucius was sitting in the back of the group, butterflies fluttering violently in his stomach. He couldn't imagine eating at this, or if he survived, ever again. He loosened his collar a little as he listened to one of the twins drone on and on about something he should have been paying attention to. To make matters worse, his mother's necklace was burning into him endlessly- it hadn't stopped. He pulled at the chain to keep it from scorching his flesh.

-

Meanwhile, upstairs beside Harry's bed was a letter from Dumbledore in Harry's time. It had appeared there, thanks to the current Dumbledore and read in his tidy scrawl:

Hello Harry,

Let it be known that there are many here at Hogwarts, myself included, who are missing you. Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger included- who have been remarkably trouble free since you went on your mission. Mr. Weasley assures me the usual shenanigans will continue when you return and desires for you to bring him back something of interest from the past. Ms. Granger does want you to take caution in your actions, given what could change.

Things are... oddly different that what they were- but in minor ways. Your old rival Draco Malfoy has been acting less like the Draco we've all come to know but in a more positive way. I'm not sure what has happened or why... Or if you have said or done something in the past to effect the future?

Time travel is complicated, Harry- isn't it? But take comfort in the fact that there is no way you can alter the lives of Ms. Granger and Mr. Weasley as Molly and Arthur had graduated well before you've arrived in the past, and the Grangers are muggles.

Continue to be careful, keep your head up, and know that we're looking forward to seeing you either after November or before that should you find the Star of Slytherin.

Warm regards,

Dumbledore. (of the future)

PS: My past self says you've been sorted into Slytherin. That's a spot of luck, Harry, though I doubt you see it that way. If the Star's on a student, it would be one from the house of Slytherin.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:14 am

Harry awoke the next morning pretty early and not because he wanted to. Even though he had a room to himself it was hard to sleep when a rival Quidditch match was about to take place. He could hear the sounds of people talking loudly of strategy while others were doing much like Fred or George which was place bets, most of them on Gryffindor since James was supposedly their trump card. A few others remained optimistic noting that Malfoys were decent fliers. Harry recalled his matches against Draco and he was hardly anything to brag about unless you counted his hair which always seemed to stay in place even in the worst of conditions.

Harry rolled over in bed, eyes finally rounding on the parchment. He reached for his glasses and began reading, a smile creeping up on him at the mentions of his friends. He didn't care much for the news of Draco, but he was however, concerned. Aside from getting rid of Voldemort and his followers, he rather liked things the way they were before he left.

He frowned. He really needed to start looking for the star but he had no idea where to start looking. He made up his mind though. He would search the forest later that afternoon or evening. Whichever team won the match would be busy celebrating all day and into the wee hours of the morning so he would have no problem inconspicuously moving about the castle grounds. Plus he had his cloak and his map so he would be somewhat safe.

He quickly took a shower then headed for the Great Hall. On his way out he spotted Lucius but he didn't stick around to chat. Lucius looked nervous so he figured too much talking might do him in for sure. Instead he bid him a good morning and wished the whole team luck. He himself was going to have some breakfast. For the first time since he started Hogwarts he would get to actually eat and hold down breakfast on a game day. He wasn't playing so he had no reason to be nervous.

He spotted Snape sitting at the end of the table. He nodded politely before sitting and eating alone, every now and then cutting his eyes at the Gryffindor table. It felt weird being on the opposite side of the rivalry and though he wanted Lucius to prove his git of a father wrong, he somehow still felt this blind loyalty to root for his dad. He hoped these conflicting feelings of love and loyalty would go away soon. He doubted it though. Until he made it home to his own time, nothing would be quite the same ever.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:13 pm

Lucius thanked Harry- silently grateful for the brief chat. He didn't think he could speak to anyone longer than a moment for fear of retching all over his shoes. Though, he doubted he could do that to begin with, it was better to be safe than sorry. He swallowed hard as he listened to what the team wanted to do before the match. He wondered briefly if he should bet on Gryffindor too, but if he bet on himself, clearly he'd make a killing if they miraculously won. After moments more of discussion, the team separated- half went with Lucius to get in a good warm up and feel for the weather, while the other half went to the great hall to get something to eat.

The Mundunguses and the two beaters sat at the table, chatting eagerly about the game. "Clearly... we're not going to win. Buuuuut if we put on a good show, we won't look too bad."

"Oh yes, well- the majority of the team is sound, but we don't have a superstar seeker. Our seeker looks like he wants to bolt the second the game starts."

"Oh, he won't bolt. He'll run into a tree first." The other twin shrugged. "It'll be alright... It's just a game. All in good fun, ya know? Gotta put on a good show for our visiting Durmstrang com-padre- ...that and well... it is the first game of the year. Gotta put on a good show for that."

Lily looked up from her breakfast, waving to Severus and Harry cheerfully. She was looking forward to watching the game with Severus in the ravenclaw stands- anything to escape James and his insufferable friends. She sighed and rolled her eyes as they started up again with their nonsense.

"Potter, Potter he's our boy! If he can't do it... Blimey Potter, you'd better win because we'll be there for ages waiting for Malfoy to catch the snitch!" Sirius snickered.

"Well- it may be my first game in all but... I've been practicing nonstop. I am my father's son in all, and he was one of the very best. I plan on beating his record soundly though- poor pops." James grinned proudly. "Malfoy won't even be a footnote after today. He didn't get his mean ole dad's skills at all. 'Sides, today's game has a more... important theme to it." He nodded to Peter.

Peter nodded back in agreement. If all was going to go to plan, Harry and Lucius would be an item, and they would never be given another detention ever again from the stuck up blonde boy from Slytherin.

Lily shook her head at them, writing TOE RAGS with an arrow pointing to the group of boys sitting next to her. She held it up in front of her to show Severus her thoughts.

Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:33 pm

Harry waved to his mom then went back to eating his waffles every now and then smirking at the Gryffindor table. Those cheers of "Potter! Potter!" reminded him of the rousing chants he would get on game day courtesy of the Weasley twins. Just hearing his name being chanted gave him a warm feeling that he was home even though he wasn't.

"Good morning Vernon."

Harry looked up from his musings smiling politely. "Oh. Morning Sna--Severus."

"It would seem you find the on goings of the Gryffindor table fascinating."

Harry shrugged. "Not really fascinating. They just remind me of folks from back home is all."

"Homesick?"

"I suppose you could say that."

Severus glanced back over at the table, smirking from Lily's sign. "They are all indeed toe rags but if you look past that part they're okay. Just a mischievous bunch. I suppose that's normal and I am hardly normal." Snape stood to his feet. "You had better hurry up Vernon. Before long all the good seats will be taken. This match up is quite the big deal here at Hogwarts for Gryffindor and Slytherin are eternal rivals." He bowed. "See you later." Snape waved to Lily and left to stand outside the double doors to wait for Lily hoping that Lucius wouldn't get trounced too badly.

Harry watched Lily leave with Snape and decided he had better quit beating around the bush. He waiting until James and his friends started to leave and then followed after towards the pitch. It was odd not going towards the warm up area. Instead he would be merely a spectator today, something he never had the privilege of doing in all his time at Hogwarts. He rarely watched the other matches because he usually used that time to sneak about the castle breaking the rules like brewing polyjuice potion or catching up on homework. He pushed his way through the crowds taking a seat with the other Slytherins. Like Snape, he hoped Lucius would fare well but he wasn't taking any sides. He would cheer regardless who won.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Lily smiled at Severus, putting her hand on his shoulder as they walked to the pitch. "It's going to be a good day today, Severus. Maybe after the game we can head off to go pick out a new book to read together. ...One that Potter and his idiot friends won't destroy this time." She made a face as the two of them made their way up to the Ravenclaw stand, sitting down with a couple of second years who had invited the two friends to sit and enjoy the game.

"I just hope they don't have to peel Malfoy off the pitch. Who would sit with me in the slug club?"

-

The rest of the Slytherin team had joined up with Lucius and the others on the pitch. With them was a man who had a small build, thick long platinum blonde hair, and dressed all in black. His features were sharp and hawkish, a pair of black rimmed half moon spectacles were perched at the end of his long pointed nose. Abraxas was directing them, giving them some last minute advice. The Slytherins who were beside Harry gently elbowed him to get his attention.

"That's Abraxas Malfoy... seeker from a generation ago! No one's seen him in ages."

"He must have come out to see Lucius play." One of the first year girls said eagerly. "I can't wait for this game I hope we win!"

"Well... we haven't... in awhile." One of the other students said. "It's almost a lost cause but hopefully we won't look too bad. Oh! And over there, by the Gryffindor team... That's Charlus Potter. Him and Abraxas Malfoy had many historic games together." The student said to Harry and pointed out a tall, lanky man with his messy hair tucked under a chappie hat. He wore something far less formal that Abraxas and his all black clothing, preferring the comfort of wizard robes to the tight fitting clothing the other man was sporting. He too was directing the Gryffindor team. "Nice fellow... Came to every Gryffindor game to watch with his kid last year."

Just before the game was to start, Abraxas and Charlus converged together, heading off toward the stand where all the professors were sitting- where they sat side by side to watch the game.

-

Lucius gripped his broom as the game started. James was showboating for the crowd, just like one would imagine him to. He rode laying side ways on his broom, waving to the crowd of cheering Gryffindors- enjoying the praise. The first part of the game was going well. Lucius was so focused on finding the snitch, he had no time to show boat. The drops of rain hit his face, but he barely noticed them.

Then in the distance, he saw it. A flint of gold. Potter had his back turned and it was just the opportunity he needed. He sped off toward the snitch, flying between the flyers with more confidence than one would have expected.

James saw the flash of emerald robes, and quickly turned around flying straight after Lucius. The crowd erupted- this is what they were waiting for. Both hands were outstretched as the rain began to pour down on them. Lucius's hair was stuck to his face, and James's robes were weighing him down. Suddenly, Lucius's broom bucked up, moving and thrashing wildly around underneath the utterly confused blonde Slytherin.

James skidded to a halt, looking back at Lucius as the crowd gasped as the blonde was bucked completely off his broom- sailing into the air. "Malfoy!" He shouted out and caught him by his wrist. He remembered Peter's bucking hex he cast on the broom and that he was supposed to be using this as an opportunity to get Harry and Lucius together for the ease of their detentions. But what if Harry didn't rescue him? Would he be able to grab Lucius in time as a fail safe? Looking down at Lucius's terrified face as he clutched at the older teen's wet wrist he was having second thoughts.

"P-Potter! Don't let me go! We're up too high!"

"I'm trying not too but you're heavy!"

"WHAT YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Lucius shouted at him. "Making a crack at my weight at a time like this- which is perfect by the way!"

"It was NOT a crack at your weight!" James felt Lucius's wet skin slipping beneath his hands. "Malfoy..."

"Potter! PLEASE! Don't let me go!" He begged desperately, feeling tears of fear prick at his eyes. He shut them as he felt James's fingers slide over his wrist, his hand, his own fingers until his body began to fall.

It all felt like it was happening in slow motion- he saw James getting slowly further away as he fell back through the air. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a glint of gold. He reached out and snatched at it, grabbing the snitch. He clenched his hand around the gold ball for dear life. Once they finished peeling his corpse off the ground at least they would know he did his job.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:20 am

Severus nodded in agreement as they walked along. "Yes. That does sound quite lovely. I hear Hogwarts library just received a box of brand new Muggle literature. A few anthologies that I'd love to get my hands on before others. I grow weary of having to disinfect every book we borrow."

Snape settled in next to his good friend, nodding politely to the people sitting near them. He couldn't help but chuckle at the mention of Horace's club thanking God for small favors. "Well...there's still Vernon," he said with a smirk, half teasing since he wasn't sure how long Vernon would be sticking around. He quickly turned his attention back to the pitch as brooms could be heard swishing through the air.

He glanced over at Lily making a face. "I do hope he doesn't get himself killed. I could think of more noble ways to die. Perhaps by the hands of a dark wizard but a bludger?"

---

Harry spotted his mom and Snape heading off towards the Ravenclaw area. He was sorely tempted to join them but then he realized that it probably would have come off as quite awkward considering they may have wanted the time alone. He slowly made his way to the Slytherin area, immediately nudged by a few excited upperclassmen. "Abraxas Malfoy?" Harry squinted around for the person of interest but it did not take him long to spot the older Malfoy. Harry couldn't help but roll his eyes thinking to himself that the arrogance was earned honestly throughout the last generation or so. That long, icy blonde hair and the prestigious nose tooted upward as if in disgust. Yup... Definitely a Malfoy...

His attention soon wavered to that of another person of interest. Charlus Potter, his grandfather whom he couldn't help but see some similarities in his grandfather's looks to that of his own. Actually...it was kind of like looking in a mirror. He continued to watch both men, brows raised as they sat together. He wasn't sure how to take that but he didn't have much time to dwell on it. The match was finally underway and as if the heavens just always know when there's a big Gryffindor-Slytherin match, a crack of thunder signaled a downpour which began in seconds after the first sound.

Harry groaned, conjuring up a mini umbrella and fixing his glasses to repel water like Hermione had taught him. The match was quite the fun to watch as both teams were pretty evenly matched. He noticed that James was very much the opposite of Lucius. While Lucius chose to hover in the same spot or two watching for the snitch, James flew around putting on a show for his fans. It made him laugh that is until he saw Lucius speed off. Harry stood to his feet watching as Lucius sped off to what no doubt was the snitch while James hurried after him. Harry didn't care who won, but since Lucius was so far ahead he would be mighty impressed with James should he manage the snitch anyway.

But that would not be happening. "What the...? Blimey his broom's gone mental!" Harry heard the collective gasps from the crowd as Lucius was bucked off of his broom.

"LUCIUS! LUCIUS!" Harry screamed. It was on instinct because no one, not even Draco or Lucius deserved to be hurt in such a way. The jinxed broom brought back memories of his first quidditch match and it left a sour taste to his mouth. If somebody was screwing around it wasn't very funny at all.

---

"Oh my...Lily you were right," Snape said dramatically as he stood to his feet for a better look. Lucius' broom was going crazy and for the life of him he couldn't figure out why. "Lily he really is going to die."

---

He was about to sit back down but the longer he watched the sight, the more he realized that James, compared to Lucius, was rather small and seemed to be having a difficult time pulling Lucius up. In fact, if he didn't know any better he'd say Lucius was...

"Oh my God he's slipping!" he shouted, though he wasn't sure why he was shouting considering everyone was too busy screaming for help. He's not gonna make it... Harry quickly whipped out his wand. Blimey I hope this works...

"ACCIO FIREBOLT!!!"

No other broom would make it in time and when he saw his broom speeding towards him just seconds later, he thanked the heavens again for magic because he honestly had no idea if the broom would come or not. He quickly jumped on his broom and sped off, body laying as low to the stick as possible. He twisted the broom in mid-air urging the broom for an extra boost just getting to Lucius in time to grab him by the arm.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:04 pm

"Well- of course there are more noble ways to die, however I don't believe our friend Malfoy would like to succumb to any of them really." She joked knowing well how little Lucius liked putting himself in harms way. The game began and it was exciting- right up until the thrilling finale as she watched Lucius dangle helplessly from James before falling. She stood up to catch the rest of the action then regretted it.

She turned pale in disbelief, biting on her lip. "No! Some one stop him! I can't watch!" She burried her face on Severus's shoulder, keeping her from witnessing the scene. "Oh Merlin, Sev- what's happening?"

-

The crowd around Charlus and Abraxas gasped out, professors leaping to their feet to see what was going on. Abraxas turned a ghastly shade of white, as if he had never considered this type of end for his son despite his years of daring and often suicidial moves on the pitch so long ago. He stood completely stunned and unable to even make a move for his wand as he watched his only child sail helpless through the air. He felt Charlus's hands on his shoulders, holding him steady as they watched Harry cut through the air like a hot knife.

Once Lucius was no longer in danger, the color slowly returned to Abraxas's pointed face while the color drained right out of Charlus.

"Abby. That boy on the broom." He rasped pointing to Harry.

Abraxas turned his attention on Harry and startled a bit before scowling. "Charlus James Potter. How dare you not tell me you had but another child."

"B-but I didn't!" Charlus sputtered.

"Of course you did! He looks JUST like you! He even flies like you!"

"Abby, I would have remembered having another child don't you think?"

"I would like to think, yes, that you would. But I would also like to think that you would have told me as well. He's your spitting image. I bet he has your knobby knees too." He huffed but then looked back to Harry, and more importantly Harry's broom. "That broom..."

Charlus blinked and looked at it from afar. "That's not just any broom. I've never even heard of a broom that fast and you know how I like to keep a breast of these things."

"Obsessively, yes." Abraxas rolled his eyes. "Now I don't know what's going on but-" He opened his mouth to say something else when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Gentlemen- let us make our way to the pitch. I believe the game is over." Dumbledore said and having heard the conversation between the two wizards was already starting to think of a way to get their minds off of Harry's trail.

-

Lucius stared up at Harry in wide eyed disbelief. The stunned silence burst into roars of approval from the excited crowd. He didn't hear it though, he was too busy looking enamored up at the boy who had saved his life. With a trembling hand he grabbed Harry's broom and slung himself over it. In his other hand he still had the snitch, squeezing the hell out of it.

"Harry..." He murmured, blinking at him in disbelief still. Harry Vernon, the wonderful boy from Durmstrang, really was a Quidditch star and he was more than thankful to see him right now. Lucius brushed some strands of hair that had come free from his ponytail out of his face, along with a few tears. He fought for more words, but couldn't get another word out as he slowly extended his hand containing the snitch. He opened up his hand, showing him the round gold ball in the middle of the palm of his hand.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Severus watched the sight in disbelief. The speed in which Vernon got to Lucius was unheard of; as if he'd apparated but with a broom. He tried to rationalize it in his head but in the end he decided that it was possible Durmstrang students were better suited for quidditch due to their infinite broom technology and a skill for flying that no one else could match. Apparently they had broom prototypes so fast that they had not yet reached the market.

"Amazing," Severus whispered. "He just saved his life."

---

Harry didn't even hear the roar of the crowd. By now he was used to this sort of thing considering he had very few quidditch matches that did not have some sort of shenanigans. Also, they never lost a match except for the one time when the dementors made an appearance. Otherwise Harry was used to winning and the roar of the crowd sounded very much like a win.

He finally snapped out of his funk. He had zoned out thanking God for magic and technology of the 21st century, relieved that he'd made it in time. He glanced behind him, grinning big at the sight of the snitch. Despite all of that trouble Lucius held tight to the snitch for dear life. He was impressed. In his first year, he risked several limbs for the snitch even going so far as to swallow the damn thing whole. In his second year he lost a few bones. Lucius could have died and yet he had the snitch.

"Congrats Lucius! I think your dad will be proud!" Harry took a moment to look around. The whole arena was in a jovial uproar, Gryffindors and Slytherins alike. The match had been a hard fought one and how could anyone stay mad for too long considering the dramatic outcome. "Let's go for a ride. You deserve a victory run." Harry made sure Lucius was holding tight before he sped off, spinning through a couple of the rings and flying low over all the sections, slowing down to wave at Snape and Lily then slowly bringing them down to the ground. Lucius was immediately swarmed by his team mates as he held up the snitch.

Harry stepped back clapping and joining in the celebration as well. He hadn't been on his broom in a while and this whole scenario reminded him of home. It was almost normal and made him feel less homesick since his arrival. He only stopped cheering when his eyes rounded on the party approaching through the crowd. It was professor Dumbledore followed closely by Abraxas, who had a curious look about him and Charlus, who looked like he'd seen a ghost. It took Harry a moment to realize that he was about to come face to face with his grandfather. He suddenly felt anxious and hoped he could keep it together. His grandfather... He never had a grandfather before and he hoped Charlus would like him.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:52 pm

"I wasn't about to let it go! Not for anything!" He laughed, and for one of the few times in his life felt generally happy. Especially as they zipped through the hoops and flew over the cheering crowd, his hair whipping behind him freely. Of course, he kept replaying the thought in his mind that he was here, enjoying this moment- because of the marvelous boy from Durmstrang, Harry Vernon. His savior. It was impossible to wipe the smile off his face.

-

"That was truly wonderful!" Lily said blinking in amazement still. "Harry Vernon is something, isn't he? He must be a gem on the Durmstrang team for Quidditch- they always turn out the best players." She paused waving to Harry and Lucius as the two teens passed by. Lucius looked thrilled and relieved all at the same time as he held the snitch triumphantly above his head.

"Harry! You were amazing! Lucius, congratulations!!" Lily smiled at them, watching as both teams made it on the field along with Dumbledore and a few other professors to greet Harry and Lucius. "That was quite a game. Very exciting! I don't remember seeing a game last year that ended so well both sides were thrilled. We'll have to congratulate Malfoy for succeeding and Harry for being a hero once everything dies down. But for now, let's get to the library. It'll be quiet and we'll get our first pick of the new books." She gathered her coat and stood up, getting ready to exit the stands.

-

The Slytherin team reached them first, hoisting Harry and Lucius on their shoulders in triumph as the crowd cheered once more. One of the Mundungus twins was still in disbelief while the other was crying in pure joy. The Gryffindor team came over as well, James eager to talk to Lucius.

"Malfoy!" He shouted up to him. "Good game! Sorry I insinuated that you were fat!"

Lucius made a slight face at the last comment but it quickly vanished. "Quite alright, Potter! Good game indeed!"

James glanced up to Harry, nodding at him with a new found respect. No one could have caught Lucius, but Harry did- and a thought was brewing in his mind. "Hey Vernon! ...Nice flying. I want to play against you some time." He stared up at him briefly to make his challenge known before racing over to see Charlus. "Dad! Dad! Did you see Harry! Bloody brilliant, right?"

Dumbledore cleared his throat, watching Charlus very carefully. He remained quiet for the moment, preparing to drop a plan of diversion should Abraxas or Charlus get too close to the truth. "We are very lucky and proud to have Harry on loan, that is for sure." He winked at Harry.

Charlus nodded down at his son, his hand ruffling his hair. "Quite right, James." He still looked pale as they made their way over. Upon closer inspection, with Harry a few feet away, he nearly doubled over in shock. Maybe Charlus had a secret brother that bore him a nephew. ...Or his wild days after Hogwarts... could he have a child with someone and never knew about it? He swallowed hard.

Abraxas glanced over to the taller man, knowing that the wheels in his head were turning, trying to think how this was possible. That young man, the hero that had saved his son, had to be related to Charlus is some way or another. "Whatever it is... We will figure it out. For now... relax." He whispered to him and patted his shoulder in support. He turned from Charlus just in time to catch himself from falling after nearly being tackled by his son- who had made a bee line over to him after getting down from one of the twin's shoulders.

"Father! Father! Did- did you see?! Look, I won! I got the snitch!" Lucius said, still clinging to the ball. He placed it into his father's gloved hand proudly.

Abraxas looked down at the gold ball in his palm. He thought of all the stupid things he had done in the past in order to win- he played with such reckless abandon because he had no reason to survive a game, no parents, no happiness other than the game. But to think that he had nearly lost his only son, the only family he had to claim because of a game? He thought of his own parents and how mortified they would have been had they seen Abraxas play. He tossed the snitch on the ground as if it were nothing, circling his arms around Lucius- hugging him hard. "No more quidditch. You've played your last game."

"Fine by me!" Lucius said, euphoric due to the love and attention he was finally getting from his father. And then it dawned on him. "Oh! Father, you must meet the marvelous boy from Durmstrang- Harry Vernon. He saved my life, he's so talented and just... well, marvelous!" He gushed and lead his father over to Harry. Charlus was right behind them as they approached. "Harry-- this is my father, Abraxas Malfoy. Father, this is Harry Vernon!"

Abraxas's cold eyes were fixated on Harry, trying to read him, trying to see if Charlus's freakout was for naught- but... the likeness... The cold expression melted away to one of gratitude as he extended his hand to Harry. "Mr. Vernon. Thank you for saving my only child. I... I wouldn't know what to do i-if I lost..." He cleared his throat, unable to finish the sentence. "I am debted to you." He murmured and gestured to Charlus. "This tall gentleman looming behind me is Charlus Potter-"

"Call me Charlie. Most of my friends do- save for the one who abhors nicknames." He nudged Abraxas playfully and extended his hand out to him. "Nice flying out there, Harry! Quite a save too!"
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:59 am

As Lily stood gathering her things and marveling about the quidditch Snape couldn't help but notice the striking resemblance between Charlus and Vernon. In fact it came down to the fact that aside from the eyes one would swear Vernon was his son even moreso than James but even James had the look about him. Snape chuckled wondering if Charlus had a dirty little secret but he supposed if anyone would know, it would be Lucius whom he planned on asking sometime soon. "Right. Shall we get going? I've been out in this dreadful weather for far too long."

---

Harry grinned down at James. "Sure thing though I s'pect you'll be the victor. That was some flying yourself. I don't think I've ever put on quite the show."

Harry looked up watching admirably as his father and grandfather interacted. His attention was diverted only when cold eyes rounded on him. He almost scowled half expecting Abraxas to say something very modern day Lucius-like but instead he thanked him. "Oh no please. It was no trouble. I've fallen off a jinxed broom before. It's not a pleasant feeling at all--"

Harry stopped talking mid sentence staring in awe at his grandfather. It took him a moment to snap out of it, Dumbledore nodding discreetly in the background as he extended his hand. "Harry. Harry P..er..Vernon. Thank you sir but it was nothing. Really. I'd prefer if we all just let it be. Lucius is a friend. I had to do something Mr. Charlus...er...Charlie."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:37 pm

"Yeah, sure!" Lily nodded checking to see if her side bag was shut and locked- making sure nothing would fall out. She started down the stairs toward the grass. "Well... yes. I don't want either one of us to get sick." She made a face at the thought- the ends of her robes were getting wet just being on the grass. "A cup of hot chocolate would do wonders right now. ...Thanks for coming to see this with me, Sev. It wouldn't have been as much fun without you."

-

"No, it's not." Abraxas mused. "Jinxed brooms are something left to be desired. There's something to be said about jinxed bludgers as well..."

"Harry!" Charlus nodded enthusiastically not hearing what Abraxas said. "I like that name. It suits you well. So Harry, that broom of yours is something. Must be a Durmstrang prototype. If I had a broom like that when I was playing seeker? Well. Old Abraxas here wouldn't have the size advantage."

"Oh. Oh, blaming the broom now are we?" Abraxas drawled, though he looked amused. He glanced back to Harry again, thinking of the way he flew. "I must say, Mr. Vernon- you fly in a style very similar to Charl-"

"Gentleman!" Dumbledore smiled and stepped right between Charlus and Abraxas. "Good game today, wouldn't you say?" He didn't give them a chance to answer. "Lucius and James reminded me of another set of Potters and Malfoys who never got to settle the score-"

"We were sabotaged! Missed the whole season our seventh year!" Charlus said hotly while Abraxas instantly went to rub the small of his back with the bludger struck him.

Dumbledore nodded, remembering that day well. He chose his next words very carefully. "I know, I know. That is why I am thinking of hosting a very special game of quidittch. Slytherin versus Gryffindor, with you two as guest seekers. It's a chance to finally have the game you were robbed of."

Charlus blinked. Suddenly the thought of having an illegitimate child seemed less like something he should be thinking about when faced with what he considered to be one of the greatest injustices he had ever suffered. "One last game..."

"Oh Charlus, don't be silly. We haven't flown in years. But... I suppose we'll get back to you on that one, Albus." Abraxas cast the older wizard a sideways glance, but the distant look in his gray eyes indicated he was thinking about it.

"Right, years." Charlus chewed on his bottom lip in thought, before suddenly brightening. "Well. I do all of my best thinking at the Three Broomsticks- I'm thinking a round of butter beers would do nicely right about now; what do you guys say?" He asked gesturing to the Slytherin and Gryffindor teams.

Both teams cheered and gathered around Charlus, James, and Abraxas.

Lucius hung back from the team, not quite willing to leave the other teen's side. "Come on Harry! You have to come."

"Yes Harry, come with us!" Charlus nodded. "It's a dreary day, best spent inside a warm pub, enjoying a good butter beer surrounded by friends."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:58 pm

"No trouble at all Lily although in the foreseeable future, I'd rather hide out in the common room or perhaps the random spa located on the third floor. I love taking advantage of the times when everyone's outside the castle."

Snape's robes felt considerably heavier than usual. He took out his wand muttering a simple spell that dried his robe and Lily's as well. As they entered the castle doors they stopped by the Great Hall to grab a thermos of hot chocolate and some sandwiches before heading back towards the library.

---

Harry had absolutely no idea how he would explain the broom but thank God for Dumbledore who saved him the trouble. Of course with a impending trip to celebrate with the others, he doubted very seriously the topic would remain forgotten. At least he would have time to come up with an excuse. It was times like this when he missed Hermione. She would know exactly what to say and if not, he was certain she'd find a way to keep the men's thoughts trained elsewhere. But he was on his own to deal and would have to get out of this with no help at all.

As he stood idly by listening to Dumbledore work his magic, the idea of another match between the two legends was brought up. That actually wasn't a bad idea and truth be told he would mind seeing it either. Watching it with Lucius had been intense. Their fathers...well grandfather in Harry's case, were excellent players. It was just unfortunate that Riddle was around during their reign at Hogwarts.

"Oh huh?" Harry was jarred from his thoughts at the mention of butter beer. He saw everyone watching him quietly so he assumed he'd just been invited to Hogsmead. "Oh...uh...well alright. Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:46 am

Lily settled herself amongst the new arrivals. After some much needed hot chocolate and a sandwich it was time to get down to business. "I think we need a longer book this time, Sev." She said as she scanned the shelves. "Maybe a fantasy!" She ran her finger down the spine of the books and picked out The Hobbit.

"What about this one? It's by a muggle author."

-

Charlus lead the two teams, flanked by Abraxas, and giving his son a piggy back ride, to The Three Broomsticks. While normally Lucius would have walked proudly beside his father, he hung back to walk with Harry. This was not lost on Abraxas, as he kept glancing back. "He's not walking with me."

"Nope, he's walking Vernon. He likes Vernon. They snogged in the potions classroom.... er, or that's what the rumor is." James said and nodded.

"...Such a helpful, informative, child you have Charlus." Abraxas muttered and looked slightly disgruntled. Not over his son seeing Harry, but that his son was seeing anyone at all.

Charlus caught the look on his friend's face and snickered. "And here you thought it would be easier having a boy because you wouldn't have to worry about him dating another boy. Didn't work out so well, huh?"

"I don't believe they're dating." He muttered again. "Lucius tells me everything, he would have said-"

"Children don't always tell their parents everything." James chirped. He wouldn't be telling his father it was their idea to hex Lucius's broom. Ever.

-

"That broom of yours is incredible, Harry. Durmstrang's broom technology is so advanced! Then again, they do turn out more professional players than any other school." Lucius said, still in awe of Harry. "Then again, it's the player that makes the broom great..." He trailed off, watching his father conversing with Charlus about something. He couldn't hear over the din of noise coming from both teams as they headed into the Three Broomsticks. The warmth from the fireplace was inviting on a rainy afternoon, and a majority of both teams went to go sit by it.

James by that point hopped off his father's back and waltzed over to them. "Sooooo...."

Lucius looked down dismayed at underclassman and his big grin. It usually meant some kind of trouble. "...What, Potter?"

"Inquiring minds want to know....."

"Get on with it!" Lucius said impatiently.

"When's the wedding?" James grinned up at them.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Severus looked over at Lily, nodding. "Very well. That one will suffice. I hear the author's pretty popular in the Muggle world so maybe a book that thick from a well loved writer will be worth the effort we put forth in reading it."

Severus looked around the library until he found an area that wasn't occupied by many. "Shall we stay here and start? There's no one on the loveseat over there. Its angled perfectly. I can see if anyone tries to sneak up on us and hex me. I'd rather you not have to suffer again due to my enemies. I am still embarrassed you endured a bucket of cold water and slugs all because you just so happened to be with me the last time." He sighed.

---

"Oh..well thanks Lucius," he grinned. "Yeah we've always had top of the line brooms, mostly because everyone takes Quidditch so seriously, even our head of houses. I was appointed seeker my first year by my head of house so yeah. But I mean, I fly alright. 'Course it does help to have a general idea of how to fly. Got to be brave too. Can't be afraid to do dives and stuff or you'll never win."

Harry's excited banter about his favorite topic was cut off when James abruptly stopped before them. Harry raised his brows staring down at his father. At the impudent question, Harry cut Lucius a look before he scowled. "You know James, I'll marry Lucius when Lily Potter decides to give you the time of day."

He grinned, knowing that Lily may have had a thing for Severus which meant James' chances were about zero right now, at least until he decided to quit acting like a douche. Either way he would not be marrying Lucius for Lucius was destined to marry a lady and have an obnoxious kid named Draco; a son whom Harry had every intention of embarrassing in the heat of battle in due time. But for now he was stuck here on a mission to find something and he planned to start searching for that something later that night.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:27 am

"...It's alright, Sev." Lily said gently. "You're my friend, one of the few I can confide in about anything. I think that's worth the risk of getting a bucket full of slugs and cold water. ...It was a hot day that day, so the water er... helped. And slug slime is good for your hair. It has nutrients. I didn't mind so much."

She did actually mind, and hexed those who she could find as best as she could in retaliation. It was frustrating to be interrupted by people who had no business in their business. Not that she ever mentioned that part to Severus. "I doubt anyone is here anyway. They're probably all still outside or discussing the game."

-

"And what's the matter with marrying me, you git!" Lucius asked though it was through laughter. Obviously Harry couldn't see the future Lucius was seeing, but through hardwork, that was going to change.

"Hey! She might marry me!" James made a face at Harry. "...But... that'll do. Thanks mate!" He saluted him and went over to Abraxas- explaining Harry's answer to him. The older Slytherin reached in to his pocket, pulling out a small leather bag full of galleons and tossed it to James.

Lucius made a face at his father. "So now he decides to become interested." He muttered and turned his back to Abraxas to continue their discussion. "Er.. right, sorry about all of that. Where were we now- oh right. First year seeker! That's almost unheard of at Hogwarts! Oh Harry, you have to take the place of our seeker- she's still out on injury. I have to see you play, you must be something out there when there's actually a game going on. What's your favorite move out there? Father's was the suicide dive- it was a real crowd pleaser."

-

"I still can't believe you paid him." Charlus said watching his son bounce off, galleons in hand.

"I needed to know." Abraxas grumbled boring a hole into his son who had turned his back on him. "Teenagers are frightfully difficult to understand. Especially for those of us who are simply miserable parents to begin with."

"You're not a miserable parent-"

"Yes I am, Charlus. I am painfully aware at how terrible I am at raising him. I think I've made every mistake and created several new ones. I'm not meant to be a father, especially not a single one. This all comes so naturally to you." Abraxas sighed and listened to a change in the music to something more upbeat. He felt a tug on his arm.

"Come on, Abby. That's enough. There's still time. But for now we should celebrate!Your son won. My er... possible offspring saved him! ...That's as awkward of an excuse to dance as I've ever heard one!"

"Oh fine. Lindy hop?" He sighed and followed Charlus over to where some of the patrons of the bar began to dance.

"Is there any other kind of dance? Of course the Lindy hop!" It wasn't long before the two wizards were owning the dance floor together, Charlus with his long reach and Abraxas with his limber movements were quickly catching attention.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fool's Chance
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: Out Of School :: Anywhere Else-
Jump to: