The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Velvet Underground

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Velvet Underground  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:15 am

"It's easier to hate." He said and laughed softly at the words. It was true, it was far easier to hate all of those muggle borns, because he never bothered to get to know them. If he had, he probably wouldn't have hated them. "You can't dance? Nonsense. Well, if there is a dance, I refuse to let one of the members of our treasonous group make a fool of themselves at a dance. I'll teach you." He said simply and with such an air of finality that it would be foolish to even argue. "Everyone then, will want to dance with Regulus Black."

Lucius sat back in his chair, nodding a little. "Noble plans. I did something similar- traveled at father's urging. A wizard should see the world." He murmured and gently pushed his plate of food away. "Speaking of your mother... Father spoke highly of her in all of his journals. I think he would want her to have something. Please excuse me." He stood up from the table and headed out of the room. He returned not long later, holding an old photograph from his father's study of the quidditch Slytherin team from 1945.

"Father loved quidditch, and he loved playing with your mother. I think he would like her to have it."
Back to top Go down
Regulus Black

Regulus Black

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Regulus blushed as he looked down at his plate. "I fear that you're barking up the wrong tree Lucius, I can not dance to save my life. Trust me, Mum tried to teach me. She put Siri and I in all the best dancing classes before school and while Siri seemed to have been a natural, I am possessed of two left feet." He laughed a bit, remembering fondly of the times when he and Siri would watch the older wizards and witches try to maneuver them through waltz and other formal dances and how he always seemed to step on their toes no matter what. The slight smile dropped off however when he remembered that to his brother he no longer existed and he pushed his plate away, only a few nibbles taken off the flavorful dish.

He blinked as Lucius left the room and then he reverently took the photo, looking down at his mother grinning dastardly up at him in her beaters attire. Next to her was Abraxas Malfoy and their younger photo selves shared a devious look before donning identical smirks. It was odd to see his mother with so much life to her face and actually looking like she loved to be alive.

"Thank you Lucius. I'm sure Mum will love it. I'll go and get a nice frame for it so that it can sit on the mantel in the living room where everyone can see it."

He lightly touched the face of his mother and wondered slightly how just a vibrant woman could become washed out harridan like matriarch of the Black family. He pushed all melancholy thoughts to the side and put on his bravest smile as he looked back up at Lucius.

"So Master Malfoy, you take the health of your feet into your own hands. Do you wish to start now or would you like some more time to acquaint yourself with their unblemished beauty?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:29 pm

"And I still say it's nonsense, Regulus. Everyone can dance. ...Maybe not well, but they still can dance. I think you must be being dramatic." He drawled and got out of his seat. He pointed his wand at the one muggle thing in the house is father owned and subsequently enchanted- the record player. It turned on and began to play music. "I am also certain my feet will be fine. I'm sure you'll take care not to tread on them, and if you're worried about that, why don't you look down at them? Then you'll know where they are."

Lucius nodded and gestured toward the photo. "I found it yesterday while organizing my father's final things. I figured he would want your mother to have that as he cherished his time on the team so greatly." He said while removing his robe. He hung it on a hook on the wall. It was far easier to dance with out them, at least that is what his father always said. He gathered that was in part due to his father being so short- he always hated wearing robes and took any excuse he could come up with to not wear them.
Back to top Go down
Regulus Black

Regulus Black

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:43 pm

"You say nonsense and I say you will be sorry when this is over."

Regulus smirked as he too removed his robes; not only because he was worried about treading on them but it had grown a little warm and he was looking for an excuse to remove them. He even went so far as to roll his sleeves up as he took a rather rigid dancing pose while he waited. It was plain to see that they'd always put him in the lead position even if he felt that it was not his place to lead anything.

"Mum enjoyed Quidditch, it's the one thing she still gets excited about when we talk about it. She's always giving me tips for rolls and dives on the broom so that the other team can't catch me. I know that she'll treasure it. She was always fond of your Father. Father even once remarked that if your Father hadn't been promised to another and she to him that she would have found a way to charm him into marriage. Of course father walked around sporting a rather fetching black eye for a few days, but Mum never denied anything that he'd said."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:08 pm

"Well, if she had I believe he would have been happier." Lucius said glancing over to the fireplace at the picture of his mother that rested there. She was a tall, willowy and elegant looking French woman, with her lovely hair done expertly up. "He and my mother had a business like relationship. She got to throw all the lovely society parties she desired, provided he didn't have to go to them. She only wanted to speak French, which was fine for father since he spoke it as well- but never wanted to make friends with his friends. When she was pregnant with me, she wanted to return home to France with me and absolve the marriage." He looked back at Regulus. "Mother had a terrible pregnancy, she ended up not surviving it. According to father, I am a lot like her and nothing like him." He shrugged a shoulder. "And speaking of parents- did you get your mother's legendary right hook too?" He looked amused. "I won't imagine how father found out about that one."

He walked over to Regulus. "There in lies part of the problem. Are you going to engage me in a fist fight or dance with me? You need to relax. You're standing so stiffly!" He put his hands on Regulus's shoulders. "Dancing stiff is a great way to break a leg, according to father. Take a deep breath, Regulus- let it out slowly. Dancing is supposed to be fun!"
Back to top Go down
Regulus Black

Regulus Black

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Regulus laughed. "Of course not. It seems that all I had gotten from her were her family's looks and quidditch talent. Although I've never really tried." His laugh turned into a smirk, "Perhaps I'll try that on the Quidditch pitch during our next match against Gryffindor."

He felt his face heat up as Lucius put his hands on his shoulder and he tried to take his advice, but his stomach was tying itself in knots as he took a deep breath.

"Relax you say. This going to end badly, but lets try. He let the music sway him and he took a shakey first step, wincing when he felt himself trod on Lucius's foot. "Sorry!"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Lucius winced when his foot was stepped on. This would not do if his partner kept stepping on him. The manor was long and winding, definitely requiring two solid feet to walk it.

"Ah... accidents happen, Reg. I'm not giving up on you yet." He clicked his tongue and took a moment to think. "..." He uttered a quiet spell, which levitated them both off the ground a few inches. "Now, you may tread on them and it will not matter." He said looking pleased with himself.

He took the lead, stepping backward. "We'll move slow until you've mastered the steps. The waltz isn't so bad, you know. It's simple- all you're doing is moving in a square. Back, right, up, left- and then back again. That's not too horrible."
Back to top Go down
Regulus Black

Regulus Black

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:31 pm

Regulus blushed inspite of himself but nodded, concentrating hard on the moves as they twirled in the air. Soon he found himself in a gentle rhythm and he stopped looking down at their feet and instead found himself watching Lucius through heavy lashes.

"Obviously you've had the best teachers in your day. And I have to say that it's not so bad."

He hesitantly spun them in a circle then started to move to the waltz again as the music swirled around them. Warmth spread through his hands where they touched Lucius and he fought the urge to blush as they continued to move slowly.

"So, other than the waltz, what other dances are there that is not impossible to learn?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:59 am

"I had my father. He loved to dance. He made sure I knew how to too." Lucius said softly. "Of course after awhile it got awkward because I quickly grew taller than him." He looked a little amused at that and smiled to Regulus. "You see? You're a fine dancer. You're doing quite well, Reg. Sometimes one has to think out of the box to accomplish something like this."

He thought about it for a moment. "Well. There are a few. But they do get increasingly difficult as we progress. I would rather us master this one before going on to the next. At the very least, you'll know how to waltz like a champion." He slowly lowered them back down to the ground.

"But I am impressed with your progress. Next time, we'll try it on the ground. But right now, I do believe it is time to eat dessert, don't you think?" He took Regulus's hand, not sparing a moment about what he was doing and lead him back over to the table where a small assortment of different desserts were waiting for them. "Please... help your self to whatever you desire."
Back to top Go down
Regulus Black

Regulus Black

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Regulus laughed a bit. "Of course, after all what use is knowing how to dance if you don't first know how to waltz properly. At least Mum won't look so embarassed when it comes time for the family parties when I trod on my partners toes."

He let Lucius lead him over to the table, putting extreme effort in ignoring the way heat was seeping from Lucius's hand into his and how it good it felt as it spread through him.

Think of Ronan, think of Ronan. He's the one that should be making you feel this way. Lucius is a friend, not a potential lover. Lucius is a friend...

The words became a continual loop in his mind and closed his eyes for a moment to take a breath before looking at the deserts that had appeared on the table. Treacle tarts, pumpkin pasties, and an assortment of butter cookies were laid out and he grinned as he grabbed a couple of the cookies and took small bites.

"This has been a wonderful evening Lucius, I thank you. Perhaps after a snifter of Brandy we should go for a walk and just take in the night. The stars looked to be out in abundance when I showed up and I'm sure that you'd like to be quit of this place at least for a few moments at least." He said as he used the napkin by his plate to clean the crumbs from his lips and dust them from his shirt.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:50 pm

"Well, dancing skill is something prized amongst purebloods you know. I don't think she'll feel as badly now." Lucius said with a shrug. "With a bit more practice, you'll move around the floor, your partner's feet free of being stepped on." He looked down at the spread of treats, picking idly at a few things. Normally he would have taken one of everything, but his sweet tooth had vanished since everything happened.

He took a cookie as well, unable to resist them no matter what. He nibbled on it briefly, looking to Regulus with a sigh. "Oh, it is good night isn't it? It would be a nice night for a walk, I'm thinking you're on to something, Reg. ...Brandy hm? Well, you may have some brandy. I don't think I can drink anymore after the past few weeks. I'll get you a glass."

Lucius got up from the table, heading to his father's collection of different alcohol. He pulled out the good brandy, pouring Regulus a glass in fine crystal, returning to the younger man. "Here you are." He sat back down, poking at his fudge and half eaten cookie in slight dismay. "Grief is such a strange thing, Reg- made worse by such a large manor. It's very lonely here."
Back to top Go down
Regulus Black

Regulus Black

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Regulus nodded and took a healthy sip of the drink, making a face as it burnt a bit as it slipped down his throat. "I can see how that would happen, all things considered. Maybe you should take a small flat in London for when you want to get away, a place that all yours and near the bustle of the city so that you're not alone." He offered as he stood and smoothed out his shirt. "Or perhaps you should find yourself a mate, a bird to woo and settle down and start a family of your own. Mum always said that with family one is never truly alone."

With a small smile he moved over to where Lucius was sitting and offered his elbow. "I think however that for right now we should be quit of this house and get ourselves some fresh air, we can throw ideas around more as we walk."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:08 pm

"I... I do not think that now is the time to be thinking of creating a family, or wooing birds, Regulus." Lucius said quietly. "I would make liabilities of my partner, and any children we may create- easy targets for retaliation. ...Forgive me for being so morbid, but I've been thinking about steps I take more carefully."

He gathered himself up, fetching his cloak to wear in the chilling fall air. He clasped it shut, grabbing his walking stick. "I think getting out in the night air will cheer me up- though your presence alone has done wonders for that, and I am grateful beyond words." He said gently and took his offered arm.

"Such a gentleman, Regulus Black! You must have some bird on a line, I would think- especially with those manners."
Back to top Go down
Regulus Black

Regulus Black

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:14 pm

"I understand where you're coming from Lucius, it's just that to be alone all the time, it's not a good thing. Perhaps you should start coming around the House of Black. Mum is always home and Dad floats from here to there. I think some company would be most welcome change." He looked around before dropping his voice a bit, "Not to mention that those who might be watching would think nothing of two pure blood families getting together. Strength in numbers if anyone asks."

He coughed and brought his voice back up, flushing as he nodded to the house elf that opened the door for them.

"Ha...a Bird. I wouldn't call Ronan a Bird." He murmured even as he laughed when he pictured the look of outrage that would no doubt be on Ronan's face when he heard that. "Ronan is rather...blokish. If you catch my drift." He cleared his throat and looked to the right and the left, there were paths on either side. "Which way tonight Lucius?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:48 pm

"Might I do that?" Lucius said brightening a bit. He liked the thought of going for a visit- the change of scenery would be welcome especially when it was one of his father's friends. It would feel better, to say the least. "I couldn't come unannounced, that wouldn't be correct either. But I would greatly, GREATLY appreciate it."

Lucius took in a deep breath when the night air hit him. It felt so good to have a breath of fresh air. "Oh yes, it's true... no one would think it to be odd at all! I will have to do that."

He laughed at that. "So... you have more of a falcon than a bird. I see. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure your Ronan appreciates having a handsome young Black courting him. ...The gardens. Let's go to the gardens. It's a lovely night to walk in them. My father's gardener Souflikar does such an excellent job tending to them." He beckoned for Regulus to follow him along the side. His peacocks fluttered to attention, looking to Lucius as he walked by them with a guest. He lead them down a stone path to the gated gardens of Malfoy manor- filled with all sorts of plants and flowers, set around an elaborate maze of sculpture, fountains, and a reflecting pool.
Back to top Go down
Regulus Black

Regulus Black

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:01 pm

"Of course you can, I'll owl Mum when I get back to the school and let her know that you'll be coming over for visits. She'll be overjoyed at having someone to talk to other than Kreacher." Regulus blushed to the roots of his hair as they walked down the gardens. "A falcon. I like that. I'll have to remember that for later. Ronan would appreciate that comparison."

Regulus coughed and straightened up as the peacocks seemed to be giving him the evil eye. Truth be told he had a small fear of birds, their beaks and sharp pointy talons. Of course it could be due to the fact that Sirius's owl would always attack him if he tried to use it. Without trying to be obvoius he moved in closer to Lucius, hoping that the birds would see that he was a guest and there for not fodder to be pecked at or chased.

He forgot the birds within the next couple minutes as they came into the paths, the beauty of the flowers taking his breath away. "Lucius, this is amazing. Who is your gardener? Mum's garden is so overgrown, but it looks like it could be beautiful with some work done." He reached out and let his fingers trail over the soft petals only to pull them back when one of the peacocks let out a screech and tried to bite his hand. "Sorry, I didn't know I couldn't touch." He whispered as he looked at the bird warily.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:21 am

"Oh honestly! Charlemagne!" Lucius scowled at the bird and shooed him away. "Of course you can touch Reg." He herded the birds away from the garden throwing up an invisible gate up behind him so the birds could not follow them further into the gardens.

"This was my grandmother's pride- she loved flowers, and made sure we were wealthy with them. As many as she could get, she would have our gardener install. He's an interesting man, my father looked up to him. His name is Souflikar- he should have retired a long time ago, but he kept around because he liked my father." He went over to a stone bench, taking a seat.

He glanced down at the reflecting pool, gazing at his reflection. "I come out here to think, it's so beautiful here, don't you think? Like problems don't exist in this one little area of the world. Just the flowers, and the calm reflection of the pool."
Back to top Go down
Regulus Black

Regulus Black

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Regulus looked down at the pond, his eyes tracking the small ripples as a aquatic bug skated across the mirror like surface. "It's beautiful Lucius. The water with it's calming powers and the light scent of the flowers, I can see how it would make anyone relax and forget the world outside." He grinned as he away from the pool and to Lucius.

The water was reflecting the light of magicked globes that traced the path and the ever moving patches of light played across Lucius's fair skin; highlighting it and bringing the startling silver of his eyes into sharp review. A blush started to creep up Regulus's neck and he looked away again for a moment before moving over to take a seat on the bench next to Lucius.

"Charlemagne? What a funny name for a peacock. Though very fitting. How did you come by owning peacocks? If you don't mind me asking?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:06 am

"It is, isn't it?" Lucius glanced over to Regulus, seemingly at ease. He moved closer to him, his hand gently brushing against the younger man's. "Oh- it was father's fault. ...Watch. That is no normal reflecting pool. It creates images and sounds from a spoken memory." He began to tell the story, and as he does images slowly start to unfold on the surface like a movie would.

-

The exotic image of a palace in India over takes the whole pool. Abraxas was standing before a group of rather grateful looking people. "There is no need to thank me. I came to help because I knew of a solution. I am pleased to be right about it."

"Please, good sir- please... take this as our gift to you for your hard work, getting rid of the asuras." One of the men stepped forward, holding out a gilded ornate cage. Inside was a peachick, squawking and making all sorts of noise.

Abraxas instantly covered his ears. "NO THANK YOU."

"PLEASE WE INSIST YOU TAKE THIS GIFT."

"I DON'T WANT IT!"

"BUT YOU MUST! YOU INSULT OUR HONOR!"

"CAN I EAT IT THEN?"

"WE DON'T CARE JUST TAKE IT!"

Abraxas scowled harder than he ever could, and took the cage- vowing to never come back to this particular area in India lest he get more noisy objects. He held the cage out as far as he could, making his way back to England. When he arrived, a young Lucius came to greet him.

"Father Father! It's my birthday! ...Is that my birthday present? What is it? I want to see!" He chirped jumping up and down.

Abraxas froze in place in realization, looking down at his son. "...Why of course it is. Here you go." He handed him the cage. The bird instantly quieted down when Lucius took him out, and began making pleasant chirping noises.

"I'm going to call you Charlemagne!" Lucius smiled at the bird as it nuzzled his cheek. "Thank you father... This is the best present ever!"

-

The image faded back to the pool surface. "And that is how I came to own them. When I was older, I bought more of them. They became a symbol of sorts. A constant friend when I seemed to have so few."
Back to top Go down
Regulus Black

Regulus Black

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:23 pm

Regulus chuckled a bit. "Your father seemed to be quite the work of art. I wish I could have come to know him better."

The brush of Lucius's hand felt like a fiery brand against his skin and Regulus look down noticing the stark contrast between their tones. He wasn't too dark but next to Lucius's milky complexion Regulus looked almost tan. Gently and laid his hand on top of Lucius and squeezed, hoping that the motion would been seen as the gesture of friendship that it was meant to be and that the blush on his face didn't mark out that fact that he was starting to feel more for the elder man than he should have.

With a slight cough to clear his throat he removed his hand but didn't move away, steadying his eyes on the pool and watching the slowly widening swirls. The moon was starting to rise and he sighed; he didn't want to leave, he liked the warmth and the easy company of Lucius, but if he failed to show up for quidditch practice the next morning, his team captain would have his hide.

With sad eyes he turned towards Lucius. "As much as I hate for this evening to end as I'm enjoying my time with you Lucius I must be getting back to the school. I have an early morning practice in the morning and without a seeker the team goes to hell." He stood but then looked at Lucius with a grin. "Why don't you come watch practice? I mean if you want too that is..." He trailed off as his blush deepened and he turned away embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 2:30 pm

(BTW- love your Sirius icon XDDD)

"Hah... Work of art isn't something I'd use to describe my father as, but we'll go with it." He laughed and then it faded as Regulus said he had to go. Of course, it was getting late. He reluctantly pulled his hand away from the warm hand on his.

"Of course, I wouldn't want to be held accountable for making your practice more difficult. I wasn't a player myself, but I love to watch. Of course I'll be there." He promised and tossed his long hair back over his shoulder and out of the way. "If I don't get to see you before hand, good luck out there. I'm sure you'll be impressive." He leaned over and kissed Regulus's cheek.

"Just a peck for being so good to me tonight-- I don't want to anger your falcon. I'll see you tomorrow morning, Regulus."
Back to top Go down
Regulus Black

Regulus Black

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:37 pm

((LOL! TY. I figured they needed an icon of their own. I made one for Sev and Remy too. XD))

A warm flush crawled up Regulus's cheek at the chaste cheek kiss and he grinned as he nodded. "Thank you Lucius, hopefully you won't see the famous Slytherin temper of the team come to a head." He laughed.

With all the manners that had been instilled in him by his mother Regulus reached out and took Lucius's hand, bringing the back of it to his lips and kissing it gently before leaving him with a roguish grin and slight wave.

"Until tomorrow Lucius. And do try to get some sleep. The dark circles aren't becoming on you and if Mum sees them then you might find yourself installed in the Noblest House of Black until you can prove that you can care for yourself." Though said in jest Regulus noted that he didn't quiet mind if that were to happen and before he could dissemble his thoughts he nodded and apparated away.

The walk from Hogsmeade back to the castle wasn't long but Regulus tarried as he thought about his night with Lucius and he sighed as he slid into the cool covers of his bed, his mind torn between thoughts of the blonde man and the sweet cherub face of Ronan; wondering as he slipped off to sleep when the other man had started to command his attention in such a way.

-----

Morning came too soon and Regulus sat on the bench in his gear with a piece of toast dangling from his mouth as he listened to the captain going on about some new play or another that they would be trying. Of course he was left out of it as all he had to do was circle high above everyone to keep an eye out for the Snitch.

"And no getting distracted this match Black. I can't afford you to give win over to Hufflepuff because of your boytoy. Got it?"

Regulus snapped out of his thoughts and nodded, his face red. After that the meeting was broken and they stepped out onto the pitch, each one taking to the air and Regulus circling lazily as he waited for the mock game to begin.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Lucius watched the younger man go, feeling better than he had. It was good to have company, rather than memories and the ghosts of bad choices floating through his mind and the halls. He went back to the manor, shutting himself up in his room for the rest of the night.

-

The next day, he walked silently across the grass with Slughorn as the older man yammered on and on about absolutely everything. He wore his long hair braided back, tied with a black ribbon. His clothes and robes were solid black, with no adornments save the silver closure on his cloak.

"And your father, I'm so sorry Lucius. I know you two were close. He was a favorite student of mine- couldn't brew a potion to save his life, but a legend on the pitch."

Lucius nodded, keeping quiet. The warmth in Slughorn's tone was too much, he obviously liked his father a good deal. He followed his old mentor up to the spectator stands to watch the practice.

"Regulus is quite the seeker, you'll see- Very talented!"

Lucius nodded again. "I'm... sorry for not speaking much. It's harder than I thought it would be to come back here again. He loved Hogwarts..."

Slughorn patted his shoulder in support as Lucius directed his attention up to Regulus. He waved to to him and smiled, keeping his eyes fixed upward.
Back to top Go down
Regulus Black

Regulus Black

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:49 am

Regulus lapped around the pitch a couple times before diving down when the captain, Evan Rosier called him.

"Black! Look alive. We've got company."

He tilted his head and then looked over to where Evan was pointing and he about fell off his broom. Though he had invited Lucius he hadn't actually imagined that he'd come.

"He must be an important person if old Sluggy is bringing him down to watch us." Evan remarked.

"That's Lucius Malfoy. He's one of Slughorn's old students I suspect." One of the beaters breathed, Rabastan LeStrange. "He's high standing in Wizarding Society."

Regulus smiled a bit then sped upwards, adding a few barrel rolls and swoops in for good measure. As he ascended he looked down again and seen that not only Lucius had joined them but toward the back of the grandstand in all dark clothing sat Ronan. He knew without looking that his Hufflepuff lover's green eyes were watching him and he felt a small prickle in his gut.

It's not like I'm cheating on Ronan, but...this...whatever it is I feel towards Lucius....

He palmed his face and circled around a bit more until a glint of gold caught his eye and he spiraled, bringing the handle of his broom up just inches from the ground to grab the snitch.

Regulus fell the few inches to the ground as Evan and Rabastan flew down and clapped him on the shoulder.

"Well done Black! We're sure to take the Quidditch cup this year. Gryffindork have held it too long."

Regulus nodded and then sat up, watching as the snitch curled it's wings into itself. He stood and grinned up at the stands, as much at Lucius as Ronan. Tiredly he trudged off the field with the rest of his team heading for the showers before lunch.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:16 pm

Lucius waved up to Regulus, smiling at him briefly before Slughorn caught his attention again. He kept looking up to watch Regulus and how he flew- he was very talented. Flying came so easily to him, as if it were nothing at all.

He didn't notice Ronan, as Slughorn and watching Regulus kept him busy. He clapped and cheered along with his old professor when he caught the snitch. Once they were off the field, Slughorn directed Lucius back inside.

"Now the boys are very talented this year, as you can see."

"Plainly."Lucius murmured.

"Would you like to meet them? Maybe wish them luck on their next match? It would mean a lot coming from a person of your caliber- a high ranking wizard, a legend in potions... er... and your father's quidditch skills are well respected here."

Lucius smiled grimly at the casual oversight of his own skills- which were non-existent when it came to the game. "Of course."

"Excellent!" Slughorn clapped his shoulder and poked his head into the Slytherin locker room. "Boys! Come out when you're done. My guest would like to have a few words with you!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Underground    Velvet Underground  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Velvet Underground
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: Out Of School :: Clubs, Bars, and other Nightlife-
Jump to: