The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Malfoys and Potters

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:48 am

After a long talk with his father's portrait, he emerged downstairs wearing a pair of form fitting dark wash jeans, a leather double breasted semi trench coat that came to just bellow his hips, a white collared shirt, and did his hair back into a simple ribbonless ponytail.

Even when he wasn't trying to be, Lucius still looked the part of an aristocrat. In passing, he took a peak at the Daily Prophet Snaggy left for him on the table. In big bold block letters read the title of "EX DEATH EATER WINS BOY WHO LIVED IN CHARITY AUCTION". His stomach churned, and then he read the subtitle. "Many hearts of prominent witches broken!" He was never going to have a moment's peace ever again.

He touched the paper and let it burn into ash. Snaggy could clean that up later. He anticipated hearing from Draco about this soon enough. It would only be a matter of time now. He didn't fancy that being a fun conversation. Thankfully Draco was still off on an expedition while getting his potions master license.

He heard the sound Harry and the boys coming in via floo. He didn't have to force the smile on his face, it came so naturally. "Boys! I haven't seen you in so long!"
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Al ran to Lucius and hugged his legs, taking Harry by surprise. His youngest was a shy boy, and not prone to such outbursts of affection. James stayed near Harry, his mind on a stack of blueberry pancakes.

"Are we all ready, then?" Harry asked, resting a hand atop James' hair.

"Why's Mr. Malfoy going?" James asked, forgetting to do so quietly.

"Because he invited us, and I enjoy his company." Harry stated, raising an eyebrow at James. "Don't you want him to?"

"It's just...I saw what Gran'ma Weasley was reading when she put it down to start cleaning. The papers say lots of things...about you and Mr. Malfoy...that Mr. Malfoy is bad and people are upset!"

Harry's eyes flashed, but he tried not to look as furious as he felt. He didn't want James to think Harry was mad at him.

"James, you know Mr. Malfoy. You need to decide for yourself, don't believe everything you hear or read. Mr. Malfoy and I are friends, Al."

"They said since Mum died maybe you turned to liking boy--"

"Stop it!" Al shouted, clinging to Lucius legs, glaring at his brother.

"James, enough." Now Harry couldn't help the snap to his voice. "The Prophet might say the sky is purple, but it isn't, alright? We're going to breakfast, and there won't be another word of that rag."

"I'm sorry." James mumbled, hanging his head a little.

"It's alright, it isn't your fault." Harry smoothed the boys hair off of his forehead. "I'm not angry at you." Harry took a deep breath to calm himself. "Lucius...you said there was a car?"

Last edited by HarryPotter on Wed May 23, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:41 pm

"Al!" Lucius exclaimed and picked him up, propping the small boy up on his hip. He hugged him, so happy to see him again. When James spoke however, his face fell. He sighed quietly, wondering how exactly to field that question- remembering something similar when he was James' age.

He was beginning to notice that people were frightened of his father. When he asked why, Abraxas said it was because people can say and think whatever they wish, regardless of whether or not it was true.

He pressed his lips together in thought before speaking. "James... did you ever feel really jealous that someone had something that you wanted? Well. A lot of people are mad because your father and I are er... friends. They would rather be with your father than me, so they're going to say lots of terrible things about me because they want to make me into the worst person who ever lived because they are upset that your father is with me. Now think about it, if I was really horrible, as horrible as the papers are saying- why in the world would your father let me hang around you guys?" He pointed out with a bit of a smile.

Still holding on to Al, he walked into the corridor and over to an urn. He reached inside and pulled out a set of keys. "Mind you, I don't know how to drive, Harry. Neither did father." He drawled and handed him the set of keys. "This way." He walked out the door, leading Harry and James outside and straight down a small path toward a separate stable. The doors swung open, revealing Abraxas's two cars.

A 1939 black Vutotal Rolls Royce, and a slightly more child friendly 1925 Rolls Royce Phantom I coupe- both cars were black with silver trim. "...Father enchanted them to run without muggle care or gas. You just use the key..." He made a face. "I have no idea with you'd like to take, they're both ridiculous things. I'm assuming the one with a top would be more family friendly than that... thing." He gestured to the Vutotal- obviously not a fan of it.
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 pm

"Guess you're right Mr. Malfoy." James said, following Harry out to the cars.

Harry gasped.

"Oh Lucius--they're beautiful!" Harry moved closer to the Vutotal, looking over the siny, beautiful vehicle. It wasn't large enough for all of them, but it was so lovely. The other car was beautiful too. Harry was almost afraid to drive it.

He helped the boys in, and then got in too.

--

Harry drove them to a Muggle restaurant, and they were all seated. James seemed in a much better mood now, probably because he was getting blueberry pancakes, but he didn't seem so upset about being out with Lucius. The boy had gone quickly back to his normal self, throwing wadded napkins and straw wrappers at Al.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Lucius shook his head. "Perhaps, to you, Harry- but..." He scowled at the memory of zipping down the road at maximum speed with his father in the Vutotal, tearing up the moor roads beneath the white wall tires. He remembered shouting at Abraxas for going over the speed limit, but the older man insisted that the speed limit meant to go as fast as the car could go. "Which ever you pick, I'm sure you'll use your head when driving and go the correct speed. ...Whatever that is."

-

Lucius had ordered crepes, and a side of fresh fruit. He was starved, and the food helped keep the residual hangover at bay. He shook his head at the wadded napkins and straw wrappers. "One day, he'll be able to throw those back at you." He said looking amused.

The muggle restaurant wasn't so bad, it was clean and the food was decent enough. Nobody knew who he was so it was alright, and he could relax and enjoy his time in complete anonymity. He heard the sounds of a fight between a waitress and a cook in the back. He paid it no mind- up until the waitress backed up with a tray of hot cups of coffee and a few cups of tea. She tripped on her shoelaces and the tray of hot beverages went sailing through the air.

Lucius looked up just in time to see the beverages coming right at him. He wasn't sure exactly what to do. Using magic was a definite no- not in a crowded restaurant. He brought up his arm, blocking his face just in time. Hot coffee and tea splashed all over him- and oh, did it burn. He let out a shuddered gasp, lowering his arm. He looked remarkably calm for the situation.

He swallowed hard, noting that everyone was staring and the restaurant had gone quiet. He swallowed again- his arms and upper body were fine due to the leather coat he had on, but his pants were wrecked and the burns unpleasant. If this was a few years ago, he would have obliterated the place and tortured everyone in it-- but not now.

"My." He said slowly, pain flickering across his face. "At least they serve their hot drinks hot here." He said. "Might anyone have a towel?"
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:34 am

Al ducked under the table when the drinks came crashing down, making a quick dive. James stopped shoveling food into his mouth momentarily, but once Lucius spoke he became more interested in his food again.

Harry tore a wad of napkins out of the napkin holder on the table, and went to Lucius attempting to clean him up while waitresses scurried off to get towels, and cleaning supplies for the spills and broken cups.

"Lucius are you sure you're alright?" Harry carefully cleaned the stray hot splatters off off Lucius' skin, and then began dabbing the ruined napkins against Lucius' thighs, trying to soak up some of the liquid.

"Here, use this!" The waitress handed a towel to both Harry and Lucius. Harry continued on Lucius thighs and then pressed the towel between Lucius' legs, rubbing a bit before he froze--realizing just what he was doing, and what he was touching.

Harry yanked his hand back quickly, as if he were burned also, dropping the towel.

"Oh Merlin--ff--um--" Harry babbled, his cheeks growing red with embarrassment. "I'm sure you can handle it from here. Er--th-the spill I mean. Cleaning up. Sorry."

Harry sat back down quickly, wanting to crawl under the table and hide with Al.

"Dad, you gonna finish your food?" James asked, nudging Harry, seemingly oblivious to anything else.

"Done with it." Harry mumbled, and James happily scooted Harry's plate over and dug into what was left of an omlet and a couple strips of bacon.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:08 am

Lucius's eyes went wide when Harry started pressing down on his legs. The burn made the sensation completely unpleasant- to the point where his eyes watered some. He endured it, not wanting Harry to think he was causing him any pain. Once the younger man let him do the cleaning, he knew he had to go take care of this via magic.

"E-excuse me. I'll be right back." He quickly stood up and went to the bathroom where he could go and see just how badly he was burned. Once in the privacy of the stall, he unzipped his pants and stared down at the large red burns all over his upper thighs. They stung just looking at them.

He removed his wand from his sleeve and muttered a quick healing spell. The marks vanished completely and so did the pain. He pulled his pants back up, feeling better. And then it hit him- Harry was... touching him. He flushed deeply in realization, and raked a hand over his ponytail.

"Damn." He murmured and started pacing back and forth in the small stall. He had to steel himself before coming back out to the booth. "Sorry, all better now." He decided to not cast a drying charm on his pants simply because he didn't want to have to explain his suddenly dry pant legs to a nervous waitress. He looked down at his plate, no longer wanting to eat.

"So... shall we go? It's a beautiful day. Might as well enjoy it, we might not have too many more thigh it. Like it. Meant like it.." He looked over to Harry, trying to keep his face causal and cleared his throat.
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:24 am

Harry dropped his head into his hands, counting slowly to ten. Al climbed back up into the booth, tilting his head quizzically at his father, but remaining quiet.

"Wha' wrong, Da?" James asked, his mouth full.

"Nothing, James." 7...8...9...

Harry raised his head up and straightened up, seeing Lucius come back towards the table. He averted his eyes, far too embarrassed at the moment to look at him.

"Right. We should. Go." Harry paid for their breakfast, and hopped he would feel a bit more normal once they were outside. Harry got the boys into the backseat of the car, and then took a couple of deep breaths before getting into the front. That did help him calm a bit. It wasn't as if he had meant to...grope Lucius.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 1:36 am

What was the matter with him? He wasn't some stupid school boy. He used the mirror on the door to pretend to fix his hair- not wanting to to look at Harry just yet. When he felt that he could, he glanced over to him- but found he had nothing to say. He fidgeted with the seatbelt and looked back down to his shoes.

Break the ice, you idiot!
He scolded himself for being so silly, and then took a deep breath. Then finally he noticed a flyer someone had attached to the windshield advertising a fall carnival. He opened up the door again, and pulled it off- brining it into the car.

He inwardly scowled at the idea, but the words 'family friendly' and 'loads of activities' caught his attention. "Harry, what about this? This could be... er... fun. I think, I'm not sure- I don't believe I've ever been to a 'Great Pumpkin Farm' before." He couldn't help but turn his nose up- it wasn't something Malfoys did.

But, he wasn't with his family. He was with Harry's, and they might enjoy this. If he was going to date Harry, he was going to try different things no matter what.
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:36 am

Harry took the flier and looked it over, smiling a bit. This was just perfect, the boys would love it. The thought of Lucius accompanying them, trudging through a muddy corn maze, was highly amusing to Harry.

James bounced around excitedly in the back seat.

"Can I see, can I? Where are we going? Is it going to be fun?"

--

Harry took Al's hand when they got out of the car, but James took off at a run towards the ticket stand. Harry shook his head. James knew better than to bolt off, and after all that food, how could he possibly run? Harry called to James to slow down, knowing even as he did so that it was useless.

He waited for Lucius and then they all made their way to the ticket booth. The woman was already waving glow-sticks around, and thrilling James with tales of the various mazes and activities that were offered.

Harry bought tickets, glow sticks for the boys, and snagged a map.

"All right you lot, where are we off to first?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Lucius paused and looked around. It was vast, offering rides, food stands, a midway- and all sorts of other things that he never would have considered doing before and now was going to have to. He inwardly cringed and took a look at the pamphlet handed to him by the girl giving out maps, tickets, and glow sticks.

The fair grounds were on soft ground, and that thought made him scowl. It wasn't necessarily muddy, but not firm enough for his liking either. He didn't want to get muddy. Some things didn't sound so bad. A hay ride didn't sound so awful, provided he didn't have to sit in the hay. A little voice inside of his head told him that it was implied that he'd have to sit in hay, but he batted it away.

He glanced around at the activities and was about to suggest something to do when an obnoxious muggle man shouted over them.

A cigarette thin man with a receding hairline and clothes five sizes too big for him waved over to them. "Hey hey! Hey! Hey you four! Come on over and try this! Win the lovely.. er..." He squinted at Lucius. "...Oh. Sorry love, thought you might have been a bird there. Er... free chance then for my snafu!" He said and gestured to the contraption behind him.

Lucius smacked his hand to his face and groaned. He looked at the midway game with great disdain. It was a rope ladder game, with a little bell at the other end of the ladder. There was an air filled mat underneath it to prevent injury.

"Climb the ladder, ring the bell- win a prize!" The man said as if it were as simple as breathing. Behind him, a young woman was attempting it. The ladder pivoted and spun, knocking the frustrated girl to the mat. He watched a few more people try, noting what they were doing to fail and wind up falling. "Like I said, first try is free!"

Lucius pressed his lips together in thought. It didn't look simple at all. He glanced down to James. The young man was full of energy, maybe he'd want to try. "James-- did you want to try? The man said it's free to try since he accidentally insulted me." He asked looking down to him. "I bet you can do it." He knelt down beside him to whisper. "But if you do, don't step in the middle of the ladder rung- put your feet up on the sides instead and use your arms to climb up. Stepping in the middle seems to send people off the ladder."
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:40 am

"Yeah I wanna!" James hopped up and down eagerly, barely staying still long enough to get Lucius' advice.

"This is easy! I climb stuff all the time!" James proclaimed, and hurried towards the game to try. He climbed quickly and didn't pay attention to where his feet were. He had decided Lucius was a grown up, and grown ups just didn't know about these things. James spun and tumbled off the ladder onto the cushy air mat below. He stood up rubbing a hand through his hair, looking a bit shocked and offended.

"I can do it." Al said quietly, as James came back. He had been close enough to have listened in on the whispering done by Lucius, to James.

"Can not." James said. "If I can't do it, you can't."

Al might have been expected to carry on with the usual 'Can too' reply, but he didn't. He looked up to his father.

"Can I try?"

"Of course." Harry handed Al his ticket, and watched with a small smile as Al made his way carefully up the ladder, being very sure about where he was placing his feet--at the outside like Lucius said--and using his arms more than his legs.

"He's gonna fall!" James predicted, though Al had almost made it to the top, and then he did. Al stretched to reach the bell, and the ladder wobbled a bit, threatening to flip, but it didn't. Al grabbed the string and rang the bell.

When he was finished successfully he returned to Lucius, Harry, and James with a prize: a stuffed purple elephant.

"You were just lucky." James drawled, pretending he didn't care that Al had beat him at the game.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:56 am

Lucius watched James on the ladder, shaking his head a bit. "He is his grandfather's son, I hope you know. James never listened to anyone either- no matter how sound the advice." He said to Harry and then turned his attention back to James. "Your brother can try too, there's no rule stating that he can't nor sign that says 'No Als may participate'."

Lucius watched Al try the game, pleased to see him win using the advice he gave James- it did work after all. When he returned, he ruffled his hair. "Excellent job, Al! That's a handsome elephant." He looked down the midway at the other games. There was a target shooting game with an air rifle that caught his eye.

"My father taught me how to shoot one of those when I was a child. He always said that some time magic isn't an option... And those that shut the door on other means of protection cut their survival." He trailed off as his father's words were echoing in his head as he pictured that one day out in the meadow by the manor where his father dragged him out to learn how to shoot his old resistance rifle at a paper target.

He shook the memory away. "...Would you mind if I gave that one a shot?"
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:05 am

"Very good, Al." Harry encouraged, and then looked down the midway, spying the game Lucius was looking at. "Your father was wise, then." Harry said, and tore a ticket off of the strip he had, handing it to Lucius. "Go ahead, let's see how you do."

Harry and the boys followed Lucius to the air riffle set up.

"That looks really cool." James pushed towards the front of the loose group that was huddled around the game, so he could better watch the marksmen take their aim and shoot at paper targets.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:20 am

"He was... I appreciate what he said to me now, rather than when I was younger and quite foolish- when I really needed to hear it." He took the ticket and headed with them for the stand. He handed his ticket to the game operator and picked up the rifle. He tested the weight of the gun in his hands, then took position.

"Alright gents! Shoot out the star completely and win a prize!" The man hollered out.

They began to shoot. It was awkward for Lucius at first, given the lightness of the carnival gun compared to his father's old French rifle. He took his time firing, every shot count- think before shooting, don't shoot without aiming. The advice served him well in dueling- he rarely ever missed unless he broke the cardinal rule- think before shooting, don't shoot without aiming. He quietly set his gun down when he was finished, being the last one to do so.

The operator pulled the lines back and began to look. Most didn't shoot the star out, or had done so almost all the way. Lucius's however, was completely gone- keeping some of the integrity of the shape intact. He smiled a little in satisfaction as he was handed his big blue dragon plush. "It is really cool, James. ...I will show one day if you want to learn to shoot."
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:59 pm

"Wow." James breathed, very impressed at the shooting. "Mr. Malfoy, that's WICKED! You will teach me, really? Dad did you hear?!"

Harry raised his eyebrow a bit at the thought of James shooting any sort of weapon.

"Yeah, I heard. I'm sure Mr. Malfoy is an excellent teacher...if you would listen to him."

"I listen." James whined.

"Yeah, like your ears are fulla mud." Al said, hugging onto his elephant.

James ignored him, which proved Al's point anyway.

"Can we do that?" James pointed eagerly, dropping his pouting act as he watched families and children hand tickets to a man at the gate of a corn maze, and then disappear behind the rows of stalks.

Harry agreed, and the group walked towards the corn. Harry held out the tickets for the gatekeeper, as James chomped at the bit to get in.

"James, wait for the rest--"

Harry sighed, letting the rest of his sentence die, when the boy took off running, his shoes kicking up bits of mud.

"Hey Da, if James gets lost in the corn...can we jus' leave 'em?" Al asked, hopefully. Harry laughed.

"I'm afraid not, Al." He turned towards Lucius, looking around to make sure there were no Muggles within view. When Harry was satisfied that there weren't, he quickly cast a charm onto Lucius shoes and pant legs. "This way, they won't get muddy."

Al tugged on Harry's sleeve.

"Me too. I don't want to be dirty either."

Harry cast the charm onto Al, and himself as well. He doubted anyone else would really take much time to pay attention their shoes and pants when they exited the maze: no one would notice if they were muddy or not.

"I hope James at least stuck to the paths." Harry looked slightly worried, not putting it across his headstrong boy to think it brilliant to try a shortcut of his own through the cornstalks. "Let's go."

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:41 pm

On his way to the corn maze, Lucius handed off the giant animal that he won to a little girl- not having any real use for such a big thing. Besides, if they were going through a maze, he wanted to have his hands free- just in case they had to chase after James.

"James! Come... back." He made a face and shook his head. "We'll find him eventually. This is a child friendly place. The maze can't be that large." Contrary to what he believed, the maze was three miles in size- sprawling out like an ancient labyrinth in the fall sun.

Lucius looked overjoyed at the thought of not getting dirty. He leaned over and quickly kissed Harry on the lips in thanks- without giving the simple gesture any more thought. He looked at the brochure the girl was handing out at the start of the maze- which had the rules and everything else important about the maze- save for a way out.

"It says here to not go through the corn." He squinted as he read the last line. "It also says here that in the maze are creatures known as 'corn cops'. And should anyone be going through the corn, they will be caught by said 'corn cops'. Huh." He tucked the brochure in his back pocket of his jeans, looking down to Al. "I'm sure your brother will be returned to us soon by these 'corn cops'." He took Al's hand without giving it much thought either. If he was here with his grandson, he'd do the same.
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Harry was a bit taken aback by the brief kiss. He certainly hadn't expected it. He felt his cheeks warm up a bit, but he smiled. That was rather nice, really. He listened to Lucius explain about the maze and it's 'law enforcement'. That made Harry feel better about James, knowing that the boy couldn't lose himself.

When Lucius took Al's hand as if it were natural, Harry's chest warmed to match the glow of his face. Al was happy, too. The boy looked up to Lucius with a small pleased smile that Lucius was holding his hand.

The trio hadn't made it too far into the maze, when indeed two 'corn cops' came up to them, escorting James who was pouting and kicking his legs.

"Lemme go!" He thrashed a bit, and Harry frowned.

"James, that isn't nice. Don't kick the Mug---er, the nice people."

The two young men sat James down.

"He was trying to run off through the corn. You've got to stay on the paths, young man, or you'll get lost!" One of them said, and then the two were off, to catch more offenders. James moodily kicked at a fallen over corn stalk.

"I don't want to go the same ways everyone else goes!" James picked up a stick, and swished it around like a wand. "I want to go my OWN way."

"I know you do, James." Harry said. "But it's important to stay to the paths. We'll let you choose which forks to take."

"I bet there are monsters in the corn." Al said, holding tighter to Lucius' hand. "If you go in there, they'll EAT you James."

"I'm not afraid of any monsters!" James went on, defiantly. "Gryffindors aren't afraid of ANYTHING!"

"James..." Harry took one of James' hands, and the four walked as Harry continued speaking to his oldest. "That isn't true. Gryffindors are known for their courage. Courage isn't not being afraid of anything. Courage is doing what we must do, despite being afraid--"

"You're not afraid of anything."

"I am." Harry corrected, looking down at James, who looked skeptically up at his father.

"What are you afraid of?"

"I'm afraid you ask too many questions, love." Harry ruffled the boys hair, and they stopped at a fork. "Moment of truth, then. Which way do we take, James?"

James brandished his stick-wand immediately to the left, just acting on impulse.

"That way!"

Al was carefully looking over the soft ground, checking out the footprints left behind.

"That's the wrong way." He said casually.

"How would YOU know."

"We'll take James' way this time, and you can pick next." Harry suggested, diplomatically.

"It's the wrong way." Al muttered, but he shrugged his shoulders.

"Come on!" James tugged on Harry, and the two started off down the left, the way James had chosen.

"Mr. Malfoy, it's that way, see?" Al pointed to the footprints that were in the dirt going to the left. "The way James went, there are footprints that come back...people who took that way had to come back, 'cause it was wrong. That way..." Al pointed to the right. "...only has footprints going away."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:35 pm

Lucius caught the expression on Harry's face, and the one on Al's. He felt good- for the first time in a long time, he was having a good time- feeling like he actually belonged somewhere.

Soon enough, two muggles brought James back. He chuckled softly, slightly disappointed that they weren't literal versions of the term 'corn cop'. He then wondered what the wizarding world's version of corn police would be then quickly switched his mind to think of something more pleasant.

Lucius blinked, taking in the sight of the footprints. He knelt down to talk quietly to Al. "You are such an observant boy, Al. That's very good. He ruffled his hair gently, looking up to Harry. "Harry- I've got an idea. How about we split up? Al and I will go one way, you and James the other. We'll see who gets done quicker. A couple of Gryffindors versus Al and I- I'll treat for ice cream when we're done." He figured James would enjoy the competition and being with his father, and that Al would like trying to figure out the maze without his brother's impulsive behavior.

Looking around for muggles and seeing none, Lucius broke off two ears of corn. He transfigured them into two balls of twine, one green, one red. He handed Harry the red one. "Tie it to a stalk and use it through out the maze. If you get lost, follow it back. The muggles won't see it. It won't run out either- no matter how big the maze is." He took the green twine and tied the end of it to the right way.

"Good luck!" Lucius said to Harry and James.
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:05 am

"Great idea!" Harry tied the end of the red yarn, and handed the ball to James.

"We're gonna beat you, nah-nah!" James teased, and took off. Harry shook his head, and followed after him.

Al was more than pleased to be split up, and going with Lucius. He knew that they would finish the maze first, because they weren't just running in random directions, they would actually take time to try and figure out which was the correct way to go, before taking it.

The maze was long, but Al and Lucius were on track to finish first. James was still taking whichever way he felt like, and he and Harry often ended up walking in circles. Al was doing good at choosing the correct ways, and if he couldn't figure it out, he had no problems with asking Lucius what he thought.

Down one of the pathways, Al stopped suddenly, and peered through a small gap in the corn. He could see a ways off the sign marked the exit. If they cut through the corn here, it was just RIGHT THERE. But if they continued through the maze, they would still waste time going down twists and turns until their path led them out. Al took a moment, thinking. His feet were beginning to hurt from walking, and he was thirsty. The maze had been fun, but he was ready to be done with it. Besides, the exit was just there...but there were also a couple of 'corn cops' just up the path.

Al nudged Lucius, and then took a couple of steps further, and pretended to trip over a stalk of corn which had fallen across the path. Al grabbed his ankle, and started to cry. Actual tears rolled down his cheeks. The two 'corn cops' were immediately knelt down next to him.

"Come on, we can cut through the maze here." A girl with black and purple hair said, and then blushed when she took site of Lucius. "This way. Pick him up, John." She said to the man who was with her, and he hoisted Al into his arms.

The four of them cut through the corn, and were out the exit. The man sat a sniffling Al down on top of a large pumpkin.

"Go get him some ice." The man said to the woman, and she took off to do so. "Are you alright?"

Al sniffed.

"It...h-hurts...but I'll be okay." He said, tilting his face up to meet the mans eyes, looking brave through his tears.

"Tough lad." The man said, patting Al's head. He looked up to Lucius. "Ma'am, I'm so sorry your boys 'urt 'imself...we'll get you some free ice cream coupons." The man lifted a hand held radio from his belt. "Lisa, get the 'urt kid some free ice cream notes."

Lisa returned, and handed a quieted Al a pack of ice, and handed the coupons to Lucius. The corn cops left the two, to go resume their post. Al laid the icepack aside once the two were out of sight, and smiled sheepishly at Lucius.

"My feet hurt. I didn't want to walk anymore."

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:21 am

Lucius was enjoying himself, taking the time to figure out the proper path with Al. Running around absently was not something he would have enjoyed doing. They seemed to be close to the exit- which was good. He had long since lost the leather coat he had on, magicing it away when it got too hot. He rolled up his sleeves to his elbows to get cooler before finally giving up to cast a cooling charm on himself.

He blinked at the nudge, watching Al take a tumble. His eyes widened a little, and then he paled at the tears spilling down his cheeks. They looked so real that he began to actually think Al was hurt. He didn't notice the girl looking at him as he fawned over Al. "It'll be alright, Al- These nice people are going to help us."

When the man called him a woman he looked indignant. "For your information, sir, I am a man." He snipped and took the coupons. "Thank you." He said to Lisa and gave a polite nod to her.

He let out a sigh of relief when Al said he was alright. "You are quite the actor, Al. You had me fooled when you began to cry- I could never cry on demand. I am so impressed with you, Albus Severus Potter- you do your middle namesake proud. That was very clever of you." He reached over and took Al off the pumpkin. "You don't have to walk anymore- that was a very long maze."

He stopped at a lemonade stand, buying them both a cup before heading over to the bench in front of the maze's exit. He sat down, putting Al in his lap. He gave him one of the lemonade cups. "Drink up, you earned it. Now we just have to wait for your father and brother." He smoothed some of Al's hair back idly to keep out of his eyes, like he would to Scorpius, or Draco when he was that age.
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:53 am

"I'm sorry if I scared you." Al apologized to Lucius, and then lay back comfortably against him, drinking his lemonade. He closed his eyes, enjoying the feel of Lucius' fingers in his hair.

A half an hour later, Harry and James emerged from the exit. James was still running around, as if he hadn't just spent so much energy flying up and down paths. Harry was trudging behind a bit slowly, his hair a sweaty mess and his glasses slid down his nose, shirt sleeves rolled up and buttons popped. Harry sat down next to Lucius, slouching, and shoved his glasses up his nose.

"How does he still have so much energy?" Harry wondered, as he watched James hop from pumpkin to pumpkin. Had they won, James would no doubt have been ready to gloat, but since they had not, James was seeming to pretend that it didn't matter.

Al offered Harry his cup of lemonade, and Harry took it graciously and drank some.

James toppled off one of the pumpkins, and picked himself up as though nothing had happened. He ran over to the others, and hopped up onto Harry's lap, his knee sinking into a delicate place.

"Ja---aaaagh...ff--ahh...." Harry's eyes watered up, and he quickly moved James, seating the boy on his knee, gasping.

"Dad, you alright?" James asked.

"Mm...ah-alright, James." Harry took a deep breath. "Be careful when you jump on people. In fact--don't jump on people. It's dangerous."

"What took you and Da so long in the maze, James?" Al asked, finishing off his lemonade.

"It was a stupid maze." James said. "Mr. Malfoy, didn't you say we could get ice cream?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:09 am

"It's alright Al. I'm just happy you're alright. You did so well in there." He said and continued to lavish attention on Al until Harry and James came out of the maze.

"Ah, here comes your father and brother now." He felt instantly sorry for Harry, he looked exhausted. He popped open the top of his lemonade, which was now just ice and took out a cube. He put it against Harry's forehead, letting the cool water drip down his hot skin before transferring it to his neck.

"He's like a little tornado of energy. But he'll crash hard. No one, not even a child, can make perpetual energy for very long." He watched Harry's face with some sympathy. "Oh Harry." He winced and wiped his wet hand off on a napkin.

He exchanged a knowing smile with Al, and then gave his shoulder a little squeeze when James remarked that the maze was stupid.

"And you're right- I did promise ice cream." He looked over to the stand a few feet away. "Let your father rest for a moment and then we'll go get some. I think you may have momentarily wore him out."
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:19 am

Harry dabbed the water and sweat away from his face and neck. The ice had felt nice, as had Lucius' hand against his skin.

"Yes, just give me a minute, James." Harry sat up a bit more, watching James take off to the ice cream stand, and secure them a spot in the line. After a few moments, Harry felt alright--the pain from James' unfortunate collision was nearly gone.

He took Lucius' hand briefly as they went to the stand, and waited in line. He gave Lucius hand a small squeeze, and then let it go when James wanted to wiggle in between them.

When Lucius used the free ice cream coupons, Harry raised an eyebrow, wondering how those had been acquired. He didn't ask, however.

After ice cream, Harry decided they should head home. Even if the boys didn't want a nap yet, Harry wouldn't mind having one. He made sure the boys were clean and free of anything muddy or sticky, before he placed them into the pristine car. Harry did not want Abraxas' portrait glaring at him for letting his children get melted ice cream or gunky mud all over his beautiful vehicle.

Harry stifled a yawn as he started the car. He reached over and gave Lucius knee a small squeeze.

"I've really enjoyed this."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:34 am

Lucius got something called a milkshake as it intrigued him. It was good, and by time they were back at the car he was done with it. On their way out he grabbed a jug of apple cider, as the smell of it wafting constantly over the festival was driving him up the wall. He needed to have some. He grabbed up a pie too, intending on having it after dinner.

He put his hand on top of Harry's, squeezing it back. "So have I- I don't think I've ever done anything like this. You know my family, we aren't exactly..." He looked out the window at the festival. "...Festival people. I don't think Scorpius would have enjoyed this. He's a rather delicate boy."

He couldn't picture his grandson doing anything they just did, much less walk around in a large maze for quite awhile in the hot sun. Then again, maybe he would if he wasn't around his mother to be reminded that he was over mothered. He shook the thought from his mind as they returned to the manor.

"Harry, you look exhausted. Stay for the rest of the day, we'll have dinner- and this pie. I'm not eating this all by myself." He made a face at the idea. "Though, I'm certain we'll have ample help with that." He glanced back at the boys. He was exhausted too, not wanting to get out of the car. Hopefully Al and James were wanting a nap too, given they were outside for most of the day. The fresh country air should knock them out as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Malfoys and Potters
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: Out Of School :: Diagon Alley-
Jump to: