The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fool's Chance

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:23 am

Harry jumped startled by the sudden attention and dropped his fork with a loud clank. "Mum! Er...mum...no..your name-Lily! Sorry Lily," he muttered looking down in his plate. "I've met so many people between here and the headmaster's office that I was...uh...well I almost forgot your name." He forced a smile, opting to take a sip of his pumpkin juice. "Shouldn't you be at your table? I thought it was taboo to mingle with those who aren't part of your house? Or...er...think that's what my friends told me before I left."

He heard raucous laughter coming from the Gryffindor table and he looked up to see James and a few others pointing and laughing. It should have felt bad, but he was too distracted by the fact that they were dear to him. He quickly looked away.

---

Snape's eyes rounded on Lily and he almost jumped out of his seat to get to her, but he knew better. James and the others would only find a way to embarrass him and he was tired of it. Four against one wasn't a fair fight and he couldn't keep running to Lucius for help. Lily- it was pretty embarrassing that a girl was always intervening on his behalf. He was well aware of this and from now on he would try to do things on his own. But even so his eyes lingered on that of Lily and the new guy. He looked pretty down about being here. If he wasn't a few years older Snape even had the notion to friend this guy but he was from another school. Befriending him would not help much. With a sigh he went back to his eating, checking the clock ever so often for the proper time to show Mr. Vernon to the dungeons.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 am

She snickered. " Don't worry Harry, I'm sorry I startled you- and of course it is. But I don't care. It's not against school rules, just the ones silly people make." Lily said pointedly. "My best friend is a Slytherin." She said proudly. "Besides, you looked upset and you seemed nice from earlier so I wanted to see if you were okay. I know a lot of people don't like Slytherin, but those people are usually toe-rags who always seem to focus on the negative things." She shot James and the other marauders a look. "You could say Gryffindors are big bullies, of which- some are. But nobody ever says that but the Slytherins so no one ever takes it into account. I think... you got sorted into a fine house and you shouldn't let it get to you Harry. I bet your class mates at Durmstrang would be proud to know you were sorted here. You'll be more than fine." She patted his shoulder again and then looked to Snape.

"Hi Severus!" She said cheerfully. "Did Malfoy bring you my copy of the book we were reading? I'm sorry I won't be much for discussion on my end, you'll have to tell me what happens. Then again, you seemed to like it more than I did anyway. I couldn't get into it."

-

James looked uncomfortable as he watched Lily converse with the Slytherins. That girl was something else. "How long has she been over there for?"

"A while now." Sirius nodded. "She just doesn't care, does she?"

"No." Peter said with a mouth full of food. He swallowed hard and took another bite. "Surprised she can stand the smell a dungeon rats."

"Lily's a loyal friend." Lupin said slowly. "Regardless of house. Maybe we should follow her lead I mean... not all of them are bad."

James flicked a pea at Lupin in response, and went about chewing his food jealously. "If she's not back in five minutes I'm gonna go grab her and bring her back, I think."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:42 am

Harry looked over surprised to see Severus looking anything but like the confident, arrogant prick he carried himself like in the future. Instead he was sitting, shoulders slumped over as if he were trying to hide from the world. He perked up a little when his mother waved to him which made Harry scowl on the inside. His mother was best friends with Snape? Dumbledore failed to mention this and so did Snape and Horace. He made a mental note to interrogate Albus about this when he returned home.

"He-Hey Lily. It's alright, the book. I think you would have enjoyed it more by the time you got to the middle." He looked down fidgeting with his robes. He could feel eyes boring into him and he knew it was James and crew.

Harry looked between Snape and his mother. It was just...impossible. "Uh thank you Lily. I'll be alright. I'm pretty sure my old Durmstrang group would be thrilled. It's just I uh... have a few distant relatives that may have been Griffindors is all. But either way I'll make them proud so long as I'm here. Lucius was right. You are a nice girl." He glanced back over at the Gryffindor table smiling a little. "Don't be too hard on the boys. They're just er...teens going through that uh...phase we all go through I think."

Snape watched the two of them converse thinking to himself that this Harry kid knew nothing about the evil ways of Gryffndors. How they walked about the castle as if they owned the place much like Goddric Gryffindor probably did way back when. It was disgusting. He glanced back and when he did James and Peter cut him the ugliest of looks. Maybe it was time to get going. He stood to his feet, dropping his book and rather awkwardly picking it up before he made his way over to Harry. "Scu-'scuse me Mr. Vernon but we should get going. Malfoy asked me to show you around."

He tried to puff his chest out a bit and keep his head held high despite the roaring laughter he heard, but he didn't care. He was going to look brave for Lily even if he was anything but.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:35 pm

Lily scowled when she heard the laughter- she knew who it was. "Maybe it's a phase. And sometimes you're born to be jerks." She shot them all the most vile look she could and joined with Severus. "I'll come too, if you don't mind. I don't want to go back to my table tonight, the population of big headed idiots has grown exponentially." She said with a sour look on her face. She hated how they picked on Severus, she absolutely loathed it. She would never understand why they had to, and why they picked on him from the start that day on the train. They weren't hurting anyone.

The Slytherin table just rolled their eyes at the Gryffindor table. They didn't mind Lily either, as she gave them no reason to.

She reached out and touched Severus's shoulder. "Don't let them get to you." She whispered. "They're all idiots. If Malfoy gave you this task over anyone else in Slytherin, then there's a reason for it." She patted his shoulder and let go of him. She wondered briefly what the older Slytherin had been up to these past few nights. At every club meeting, he came in looking rumpled and sometimes covered in leaves, twigs, and a variety of bruises.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:25 am

Harry stood to his feet. "Yes sir profe--er...Severus." Harry shook his head. Calling Snape by his first name felt so wrong. It was like sleeping with one of your teachers and calling them by their first name before and during sex only it was Snape instead of some sexy professor you often got detention for fantasizing about during lectures. Snape was definitely not someone he fantasized about.

Snape raised his brows curiously at the "sir", but did not think much of Harry's almost slip up. He was too distracted by the sound of more roaring laughter coming from the Gryffindor table. "Yes, well come along you two. I don't want you to be late for whatever Lucius had in mind."

Snape nodded curtly and with Lily walking next to him, began leading them out of the Great Hall. It was a long walk from that end of the table but Harry didn't mind. He cut his eyes over at the Gryffindor table smiling slightly at the sight of Sirius whose hair was just as much of a shaggy mess now as it was before Bellatrix killed him. Then there was old rat-faced Peter. He wondered what his dad saw in him because from Harry's point of view, if you look like a rat you must be one. Remus looked just as thin and frail looking even at a young age while his dad rounded up the group standing out with his handsome features. James caught him staring which made Harry's face heat up.

"Come along Harry," Snape said. "I assure you you'll have plenty of time to meet those troublemakers. They're the finest I've ever had the privileged of watching in action. Elite rule breakers. Surely you can't be attracted to such filth."

Snape's words made Harry stifle a laugh. Even at such a young age he was still just as gifted with words, manipulating them so that they rolled off his tongue like silk and if you weren't careful the insult would go over your head. In fact, now that he really thought about it, he did often find himself entranced by the way Snape talked. He would even enjoy it more if Snape didn't look so damn constipated at the sight of him.

He looked away from the table and exited the doors of the Great Hall behind Snaoe and his mother. He thought about Snape's words and could not help but agree wholeheartedly, the Marauder's Map instantly coming to mind. Harry was so lost in his thoughts of his good old dad and co. that he did not see the giant statue of an ogre. He walked face first into it, the impact wiping the stupid grin off of his face. "Ouch, shit!"

He stumbled backwards, rubbing the side of his face scowling hard. That statue wasn't in Hogwarts in the future and if it was, it certainly wasn't located near the stairway heading to Snape's, or rather Horace's dungeons. Harry raised his wand. "Reducto!" The statue exploded and then disintegrated into fine pieces of granite, a handy spell which he learned from Ginny. He smirked then realized he was still with his mum and Snape. Snape looked absolutely horrified while his mom was frowning, seemingly concerned. "Er...seriously wasn't that thing hideous? And someone could hurt themselves at night if they er...don't know their way around the castle. I've noticed that the staircases keep changing."

Snape clicked his tongue, raising his nose higher in the air. "I've never been a fan of ogres. Disgusting creatures. Well come along. We're almost there."

Harry nodded, following along a little closer and deciding maybe this wasn't the time to space out. After all, despite personal feelings he would eventually have to set them aside for the greater good, which wasn't looking so great right now.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:33 pm

"...Pretty handy spell, Harry. Pretty ugly statue too. Think you may have been right in getting rid of it. I'm not sure why it even exists." Lily shrugged and followed along with Severus. "He's right, Harry. All they do is delight in getting into trouble." She made a face. "And meddling with other people's lives even when we've done nothing to get their attention. ...Yes, they do that. I've had the misfortune of getting lost a few times last year because the staircase was different when I came down." She frowned. "Well.. whatever Malfoy has in mind for the two of you, he'd best make it quick- we don't want to be late for the Slug Club. You should come with us, Harry! You can meet some more people that way!"

-

"Why did he look at me?"

Sirius rolled his eyes. "Maybe he thought you were funny looking."

"Least I'm not shaggy." James said with a grin while Sirius soured. "Did look familiar though- poor bloke's in Slytherin. Maybe someone should tell him to make sure he comes out and enjoys the sun once in awhile lest he end up pale and sickly like the rest of im'."

"There's nothing wrong with being pale and sickly." Remus said with a bit of a smile.

"Where do you think Malfoy's been sneaking off to every night after dinner?" Peter said gesturing to the table. "He didn't even do his prefect duty of showing Vernon to the dungeons."

"Dunno- maybe we should go and check." James grinned. "Come on, Peter. You and me- we'll go check it out. You guys hold down the fort while we're gone."

-

Moments later, James and Peter were skulking around beneath the invisibility cloak, looking around to see what the blonde Slytherin was up to. "There!" James hissed pointing up to Malfoy and the Mundungus twins on broomsticks. "...I think they're practicing for the game coming up with us."

"Ooooh yeah, they had to get a replacement seeker after Volwell got ill. Didn't think they'd pick Malfoy though."

"His dad was a legendary seeker to match with his legendary skill of being a mean git so... Here's hoping that skill skipped a generation for my sake."

The two younger wizards watched the practice- Malfoy was shaking, gripping his new broomstick tightly between his hands. He didn't look fairly confident in what he was doing, and was far too jumpy. His eyes were darting all around but somehow he managed to miss the bludger aimed right for him. There was a loud cracking sound, a shared wince from the Mundungus twins, coupled with Lucius hitting the ground with a loud thud.

"...Nah, I'm thinking I'll be fine for the game." James said and Peter nodded in agreement. They watched as the two Slytherin twins carefully peeled Malfoy off the ground and carried him into the castle. "Let's get back in too."

"Naw, you go. I think I'm going to hex Malfoy's broom for getting me a months worth of detentions. I'll risk getting some more for a little revenge."

James nodded and patted Peter's shoulder. "Good call- see you in the castle."

-

"Damn! 'Ole Abraxas is gonna flay us alive!"

"Whose bright idea was this?"

"Yours!"

Lucius could hear the sounds of voices above him as the pale pointed faces of the Quidditch captain and his twin brother came into view slowly. "...Stop spinning 'round. Ugh, I'm so dizzy. Which one of you hit that bludger?"

The Mundungus twins made a same similar face of dismay at Lucius's comment about them spinning and pointed at the other.

Lucius scowled. "Is Severus and the new kid Harry back yet?"

"No, it's just us. Good thing too- you look a mess! You're one crazy bloke- it's a good thing there's no trees on the field, otherwise ya might run into im'."

Lucius scowled deeper and threw one of the couch pillows at one of the twins. "Shut up! Get me an ice pack! ...Merlin, my ribs..!" He moaned and clutched at them.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Harry made a face that was similiar to his mom's. He absolutely, without a doubt, did not want to go to one of Horace's little club meetings. For starters, Horace would eventually make him feel like crap once he figured out that besides an interesting looking scar, there was nothing special about Harry at all. He was a thumping good broom rider and youngest quidditch seeker at his school, but that was hardly anything special compared to being the son of a Malfoy or being kin to some famous witch who sings lead in the Weird Sisters. "I'm actually a bit of a loner. Don't like being around too many people and I hate drawing attention to myself." He paused for a moment realizing that he might have told Lucius he would attend. Damn it. "But I'll come tonight. Lucius invited me so just this once."

"Password!"

Harry jumped and so did Lily, both startled by the door. Snape looked over at Lily who waved goodbye. She was going to freshen up a bit before the little get together. Plus Gryffindors weren't allowed in the Slytherin common room and vice versa which made Snape's heart sink a little more. With a sigh he muttered the password (Caprut Draconis) then lead Harry inside. He stopped shortly after entering frowning slightly at the sight of Lucius along with the Mundungus twins. He really wanted to ask what had happened, but he felt like it wasn't his place. Lucius was still an upperclassmen and wasn't obligated at all to tell him anything not to mention the Mundungus twins were often into mischief themselves. However, Lucius seemed very distracted and he wondered if maybe James and Co. did something to him. "Lucius, is everything alright?" Snape asked cautiously.

Harry looked past Snape at Lucius who looked- to put it plainly- a mess which was unlike a snooty Malfoy at all. Just what exactly had he been doing? His initial thought was a fist fight in which Malfoys were known to lose every time. The other possibility was that he didn't do so hot on his Death Eaters R Us examination which probably ended with Goyle wrestling him down for being a failure. Both sounded about right to him. He stood quietly waiting to hear the explanation. He didn't exactly care, but on the other hand, he was certain it was a tale worthy of telling Ron and Mione in the future.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:18 pm

The Mundungus twins shifted uncomfortably. They both looked to each other and quickly said "It was his fault!" And pointed to the other.

"My FAULT! You're the beater!"

"Well he dodged the one!"

"Yeah, but what about the other one- what did you have to hit it right at him for?!"

"Oh, like Gryffindor is going to take it easier on him. They'll most likely be aiming for his pretty little hea-..." He trailed off, noting the terrified look on Lucius's face. "Er... His fault!" He said and pointed to his twin brother.

"I'm tired of you blaming me for everything!" Soon enough the twins took to scuffling taking their fight out of the common room and up to the boy's dorms.

Lucius let out a loud groan and flopped back onto the couch. Severus did have a right to know, they were going to see the game eventually- he just loathed to admit he was miserable at something- especially this. He bit his lip, starring up at the ceiling. "For whatever stupid reason, I agreed to fill in for Volwell for the first quidditch game of the season. I thought I might be good at it, given my father's gifts for the game. Alas though, it skipped a generation. I was hoping to not tell anyone, but Slughorn found out- told my father- and now he's coming to the game." He chewed on his bottom lip, looking sick. "I'm not good at quidditch, despite practicing for hours a day!"

From upstairs, one of the twins shouted down "He's rather good at running into trees, though!"

Lucius made another face at that, deciding to not dignify the truth with a response. "I'm not a seeker, and if I some how manage to survive, I'll more than likely disappoint my father- truly the only sport I'm naturally gifted in. Verily Harry, Severus- it was nice knowing you both, provided my father decides to dispatch me from my existence after the game for humiliating the family with my doomed to be piss poor performance."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:21 am

Harry had to stifle a laugh. So the father wasn't that much better than the proverbial son who, to give Draco credit, was a hell of a decent flier but lacked common sense. He had never seen Lucius in flight so he was probably jumping the gun a little. However, all evidence suggested Harry was probably exactly right. The only thing that kind of bugged him was the fact that Lucius was only doing this to impress his father, something Draco struggled with in the future. Like father like son... He didn't like that at all.

Severus walked over to Lucius and sat in one of the arm chairs next to the couch, arms folded neatly in his lap. "Perhaps all is not lost. I'm certain the rules of the game state your only job is to grab the snitch. Surely you can fly well enough to avoid the bludgers as usually they're aimed at Chasers."

Harry nodded his head in agreement. Not that he wanted to help Lucius much, but the greasy git Snape was once again talking in that silky tone that hypnotize the masses and for once he hadn't reached the wrong conclusion as Sirius claimed he did more often than not.

Snape caught this gesture, the head nod which made him wrinkle his brow curiously. "Harry are you familiar with the game of Quidditch? Wait. Pardon me. Of course you are as Durmstrang is home to generations of great Quidditch players like the Krums. What I meant to ask is that do you play?"

Harry wanted to lie and say, "No, not really", but being the youngest seeker in years kind of inflated his ego moreso than all of the newspaper articles about being the so called Chosen One. He nodded. "Yeah I play a little."

"What position do you play, if you don't mind my asking." Snape asked again, rather cooly yet his words touched a nerve. Harry felt like he was interrogated by that greasy git. It just- how could he lie to that voice?

"Seeker," he mumbled.

"I beg your pardon?"

"Seeker, but I'm not that great," he added quickly.

"Doesn't matter. I doubt you can do much worse than Lucius here. Forgive me Lucius, but you do look horrid," Snape said. "Perhaps Vernon you ought to give Lucius a few lessons? I'm sure he'd have better luck with a fellow seeker than those of the Mundungus Fletcher twins. They're decent on the pitch but their real talent lies in- for lack of a better term- stealing. We play Gryffindor in the opening game. If we beat them we may regain a little of our dignity back."

"Gryffindor?" Harry asked, frowning a little. This definitely went against his everything he stood for.

"Yes and that overbearing nuisance James Potter is seeker."

Harry blinked. His father was seeker and the enemy wanted him to show him how to beat his father. Er...no. He didn't want. "Well...I guess I could try, but I mean--"

"Or why not play? You're a Slytherin? Why not put Lucius out of his misery by playing in his place? You'd gain a lot of followers should you manage to out wit James Potter in midair."

While besting his father certainly sounded like a dream come true, he just couldn't be the one to grab the snitch- which he most definitely would get- from the Gryffindor team. He didn't care what that sticky old sorting hat said. He was Gryffindor through and through and will never sail Slytherin banners. "His father will be expecting him to fly. Don't want to let your dear old dad down right mate?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:00 pm

"Ahhh yes, the bludgers. They haven't been too kind to me as of late, as you can tell." Lucius said grimly. "And normally, yes- should this be a game against dear Hufflepuff, or witty Ravenclaw then yes, I wouldn't have to worry. But I expect more than a few bludgers to come- so pointedly put by which ever Mundungus twin- at my pretty face. It IS Gryffindor after all. And I do like my face quite a bit." He sighed looking miserable still, covered in mud from the knees down and his clothing torn up. He rolled his shoulders in dismay, feeling something poking at him. He reached back, pulling a large stick from out of the back of his shirt and threw it on the ground. When Snape was talking though, to Harry, a flicker of hope was reborn in his grey eyes.

"Harry! You play?!" He said excitedly. "Oh thank Merlin hope has arrived- ...Severus, you're quite right. I am a mess. Excuse me..." He left the two of them briefly to go get cleaned up, his mind going a mile a minute. He might be saved after all! Harry Vernon was from Durmstrang OF COURSE he knew how to play! After a few sips of a potion he created to help with the pains from bludgers, an outfit change into a pair of black slacks and long sleeved high collared shirt to hide the bruises, and a quick run with a brush he was back downstairs.

"Sorry, I was feeling a fright. But yes, I can't have you take the position for me, my father would have a fit. You may however, feel free to take it after this game Harry. I never even want to hear the word 'Quidditch' after this is over." He glanced to the picture of his father on the wall, smiling proudly as he held up the snitch. "...He wants to see me play..." He looked uncomfortable. "What a fool's errand I run. It seems like nothing I ever do is good enough." He sighed dramatically and picked up Leena Hepgrave's pair of opera glasses she left on the common room table. He placed them up to his nose, like how his father wore his glasses and began his round of impersonation. "Oh LUCIUS what am I to do with a son who has no talents? Really- an A- in charms? Is that the best you can do?" He walked around the back of the couch, his nose stuck up high in the air to a comical degree. "What am I to do with a son who desires to be in the company of strapping young men? How will I get my heir! It is not my fault that my whelp attracts men like flies to honey! ...Maybe I should lock him in the dungeons for a bit and he'll grow less attractive." Lucius simpered in his father's exaggerated drawl. "Maybe if I lock him in the dungeons again he'll become a better seeker. While he's there, I might go about castrating all the dark haired men in Hogwarts as he seems to favor them." He gestured with a long flamboyant sweep of his hand to Snape and Harry. "My good lads, strapping Slytherins, talented young wizards. ...Do protect yourselves, you DO have dark hair after all." He put down the glasses and grinned a little.

"Surely if he were here, he'd judge me on my impersonation as well." He sat back down on the couch with a huff his grey eyes rounding on Harry. "...Surely you pity this unfortunate soul..." He said slowly, but with a hint of humor in his voice. "Enough for a lesson...? I will pay you well for it. Our house needs to regain some dignity, and I sorely like living, I assure you."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:24 pm

Harry watched Lucius prance around the room imitating his father. It reminded him of future Lucius, walking around with his nose in the air scolding Draco for gloating at the Quidditch World cup, or the time Draco was chastised for losing a Quidditch match against Gryffindor. The snitch was right beside him yet he somehow missed it. Harry snorted. Lucius' imitation of himself and his father was quite good, but not good enough to make him want to help beat his own dad.

Help Slytherin regain some dignity? Harry scoffed on the inside at this. Whatever dignity he did manage to help Lucius bring would only be tainted and erased by the rise of the Dark Lord. Basically he'd be wasting his time. On the other hand, you couldn't teach somebody how to use their eyes and their body. Broom riding was difficult if one was afraid of their own body. On that broom, if you shift your broom will shift. If you lean forward, your broom will go forward and so on. Being seeker was all about using your eyes and the subtle movements of your body to duck, dodge then grab hold of destiny. At times it was perfectly safe and easy while other times, not so much. As he mulled over it two incidents came to mind- the first being the rogue bludger from his second year and the storm in his third year. Nasty times to be playing Quidditch and he even had to regrow bones- a horrible experience- after one particular match.

Harry shook his head. "I don't need your money. I guess I could show you some pointers tomorrow morning before classes. Sorry if that's too early but Wood, er... I'm kinda used to practicing that early. 4 am would be best."

Severus smiled a little. He actually cracked a smile and it wasn't nearly as creepy as he thought it might be. ...No actually it was kind of creepy and out of character. "Looks like you have found your knight Lucius. Maybe someone upstairs sympathizes with you after all." Severus checked his watch. "Shouldn't you get going now? Horace would surely frown should one of his chosen ones are late without good reason."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:40 pm

"Well, I suppose I have. Even if you don't want payment, I'll try to find some way to reward yo-4 am?" Lucius stared at him wide eyed for quite a few minutes before nodding slowly. "I often forget there's a 4 in the morning. But I suppose you're right. 4 am it is." He nodded and looked fairly annoyed about it but he was determined to not make a fool of himself out there. "Oh right, I nearly forgot. I suppose I'm already some what late, but that's fine. Slughorn expects me to be a few minutes late since he knows I've been practicing every night." He adjusted his hair, checking out his reflection. He looked perfect, why should he even worry.

"Harry did you want to still go with me tonight? Given our early practice tomorrow I'll understand if you don't wish to go. I won't be long, given our practice time. ...Severus, did you want me to send Evans any message?"
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Harry did not want to go. He would keep reminding himself of this as well because it made him feel better about going due to his overwhelming desire to spend more time with his mother. "Er...sure. I'll go. Should I go change? Thing is, i haven't had time to shop for more clothing. I do not have anything as dressy as you Lucius so if I were to change I'll only be putting on another color sweater." Well not anything that doesn't have Gryffindor written all over it...

Severus nodded. "You can tell her that I appreciate what she did for me earlier and that I hope we can study together again real soon."

Harry quirked his brow. Study together? He hoped that's all they were doing.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:00 pm

"Of course, Severus. I'll make sure she knows." He promised and then looked to Harry. "A sweater Harry? Really? I'm sure it's a fine sweater in all, but if you're going to go some place with a Malfoy, you should go in style. You can borrow something of mine. I have scads of things and we look like we're the same size. I won't take no for an answer." He said with a curt nod and headed up to his bedroom.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Harry looked over at Severus who seemed to be holding back the urge to laugh. After a while, Severus' amused look turned into one of his usual indifference. "You should follow him up Harry. He has plenty of nice things you could borrow. Everyone else will be dressed as if they were attending a formal party of some sort. You would truly stand out if you show up dressed as you are and I believe it is my understanding that you do not wish to be the center of attention."

Once again that greasy old git had a point. No he did not wish to stand out so with a curt nod, he marched upstairs behind Lucius. He was sure he could sense a smug look about Snape and for his sake, Snape had better not let him catch him or else he'd hex him worse than James ever could.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:24 pm

Lucius was busily looking through his things for something to fit his house mate. He frowned in concentration, grinning when he found something he thought was fitting. Harry's trousers seemed fine, but his sweater wasn't. It was too casual. Green oddly didn't seem to fit Harry, despite his eyes. Those familiar green eyes... They were like Lily's. So vibrant. He frowned again, wondering if maybe they shared some relative. He brushed his thoughts aside, looking to the door for Harry.

He had a red shirt made out of an expensive silk and a dragon hide cloak lined with a silver material. Lucius threw on a velvet one, closed with a snake clasp. "I've got these for you. They should fit, I would think."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Harry made a face. He did not want to dress like some rich snob. "Er...thanks but I'll just take the shirt. The cloak's a bit much doncha reckon? It's not me at all." He watched Lucius put on the velvet cloak not surprised at all that it looked nice on him. One thing about those Malfoys was that despite loathing their rich boy, better than you personalities, he never once saw them in clothing that looked bad on them. Then again he doubted much of anything could look bad on platinum blonde rich boys with the personality of spoiled rich girls.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Lucius tilted his head to the side. "A bit much? Hm. I thought you would look rather dashing in it, but you know your taste better than I do." He handed him the shirt and put the cloak away. He was about to leave to go give Harry a chance to change but he paused and turned back around. He looked around briefly as if to double check no one was around before continuing.

"Thank you Harry. For offering to help." He murmured and looked sincere as he glanced up to look Harry in his vibrant green eyes. He gazed at them with his grey ones, normally cool and calculating- but at the moment they were vulnerable. "Not many people care for Slytherins. We're automatically always the villains. No one gives us a chance to show them that we're really not bad, no one wants to go against the stereotype- except for Evans, she beats to her own drum. I'm sorry that you were sorted with us, for that reason. Most of the school probably won't talk to you now. However... we're a tight group as a house. I hope that you'll enjoy your time with us regardless."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:32 pm

Harry blinked. Dashing? Lucius Malfoy thought he would look dashing? He wished he could reach out and tap his head with his wand to make sure he was alright upstairs but then he remembered he was Harry Vernon. Not the Boy Who Lived to be the bane of Malfoy's existence. He was even more taken off by the lack of arrogance behind Malfoy's apology. Malfoys knew what it meant to be sincere in their apologies? Surely this couldn't be Lucius Malfoy, First Chair Death Eater and expert on all things Voldemort, torturing and dark objects. Harry's studied Lucius for a long time, green eyes locking with grey ones that were hardly judging him like usual. It was...unusual and something he wasn't sure he knew how to take just yet. "Sorry to hear that. I guess that stems from the founders. Not much you can do about it unless people are willing to change. Just cause Salazar was a git to Goddric or however the story goes, doesn't mean it has to continue. Stupid really. My mother...well Lily has the right idea I guess."

Or maybe his mother was too nice. Right now he hadn't decided just yet.

He broke the eye contact then made a quick change into the shirt surprised by how well it fit. He refused to comb his hair because there was no point. Plus so far the longer hair was working wonders for hiding his scar so he wasn't messing with it at all except when absolutely necessary. He figured if it looked that bad Snape or Lucius would have pointed it out by now.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 5:51 pm

"I suppose so." He murmured. "It's hard to change who you are. In my light experience it's easier to just hide it under a mask. But you don't look like the sort to have a mask, Harry. No... No, you seem different too. Like... you don't belong here for whatever reason. Strange. Well, regardless of whatever strange feeling I might have, I'm happy you're here. Let's head out to the club meeting before Slughorn comes searching. Which I'm sure he will." He looked a little annoyed, but the expression didn't reach his face. "Slughorn's... well..." He began as he lead Harry out of the common room and toward the meeting place. "I like him. He pays attention to me in the ways I wish my father would. He says good things about my accomplishments rather than what I did wrong."

As soon as they were inside the meeting place, Lily marched over to them her hands on her hips. "You're late Malfoy!"

Lucius sniffed. "Nay, Evans. A Malfoy arrives when he wants to, there for- he is incapable of being late." He crossed his arms across his chest, looking down at the sour faced girl with a snobby expression- the two stared at each other, but couldn't hold it any longer and broke out into laughter.

"Harry! I'm glad you came! Come sit next to me and Malfoy we always sit at the end." She said and reached out to take his hand, leading him over to the table.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:22 pm

Harry wasn't going to pretend like he liked Horace. He found him about as annoying as Lockhart only worse due to the fact that Horace got off on using people to get stuff. The sound of Lily's voice broke his musings and he smiled watching his mother scold Lucius. It was charming and he could not help but smile. Then they both broke into a fit of laughter which concerned him. Just how close was his mother to the noble House of Slytherin?

"LUCIUS!"

Harry's eyes widened as a younger Horace hurried towards them wrapping an arm around Lucius shoving him forward. He completely ignored Harry which made him smile smugly on the inside as he followed after.

"Lucius, my good man, how nice of you to finally join us! Hurry up now! Don't tarry! We have lots of catching up to do and goodness me! You finally defeated that ground troll that's been giving you hell the last few weeks! Nice to see you looking like your old self minus the twigs and bruises." He pulled out a chair for Lucius eyes rounding on Lily. "Lily. Mon cher my sweet. Looking lovely and brilliant as always." He finally noticed Harry sitting between the two of them. He tilted his head looking surprised. "And who might this strapping young man be? Could it be the new student some of the others were just now telling me about?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:56 am

"Professor!"He said and his whole face lit up. He always looked forward to seeing Slughorn, if only for his positive comments and reinforcement. "Yes... ground troll." Lucius nodded slowly. "All gone, no more battling for me, ha ha." He laughed dryly. Yes, his ground troll was an excellent cover for his poor quidditch skills. He wasn't able to concentrate on more than one thing at a time without something else suffering, which usually resulted in him hitting a large tree. He took a seat, chewing on his bottom lip in thought as he mulled over his practice with Harry tomorrow. He wished with all his heart to do well tomorrow, not wanting to look bad in front of the enigmatic boy from Durmstrang.

"Thank you professor!" Lily smiled brightly. "Yes, this is him. This is Harry Vernon, I hope you don't mind but Malfoy and I invited him to come tonight to meet everyone."

Lucius nodded. "Yes, we figured he should meet the best Hogwarts had to offer." He said gesturing to the other students there.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:24 am

Best that Hogwarts had to offer? As Harry glanced around the table the people he saw seemed hardly worthy of getting to know. Wait. Harry scowled inwardly. That was such a Slytherin thing to think and he was not a Slytherin. Maybe the better way of wording it was that the people around the table looked about as ordinary as he did.

"Ah I see," Slughorn said, eyes beaming at the thought of having the new kid. "Well my good man do tell us all about yourself. If you're a friend of Lily's or anyone in this room then you must be worth getting to know. Here have a cockroach cluster! They absolutely divine!"

Harry reached out taking a candy thinking Horace was probably on too much happy. "Come on now Harry! Tell us about yourself! Where are you from? What do you do? Kin to any famous wizards?!" he asked, eyes gleaming at the idea of having another famous connection.

"Er...no. There's nothing special about me," he said flatly. "My aunt...er mum Petunia is a housewife and squib while my father Dudley works for St. Brutus' Home for the Criminally Insane. They put me in it once. I've been flogged several times." Inside Harry was dying with laughter but he couldn't help it. Horace was a foul git for using students like this. Harry ran a hand through his hair, accidentally showing off his scar. He grabbed his pumpkin juice taking a sip, his mother looking something between amused and wanting to scold him, but the Gryffindor, James, and Sirius in him couldn't help it. Harry glanced around the table again thinking that maybe he could enjoy this after all.

"Merlin's beard Harry, that scar!"

Oh I done fucked up. Harry reached up to mess up his hair but it was too late.

"Harry, how in the word did you get such a scar? It's shape is unlike any I've ever seen before! Tell me son, how did you get it? Dark magic usually leaves nasty scars and--Harry!" he gasped dramatically. "Did someone try and hex you right good? You must tell us my boy! My word you're fascinating! Full of secrets you're ready to spill! Well hurry up! Spill, spill before time runs out and we must all retire."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 9:01 am

Scar? Lucius looked to Harry, and sure enough- there it was. He blinked in surprise- Harry hadn't mentioned it at all. Then again... Maybe he didn't want to. He cleared his throat. "Harry's from Durmstrang, professor. They are more apt to teaching everything about the dark arts to their students- not just preventing them. Maybe Harry had a run in with someone there who didn't mind practicing them on a fellow student. It wouldn't surprise me- they're quite vicious there. But if so, I bet Harry had no problem dispatching who ever it was. He did get sorted into Slytherin" He suggested and took a bite of his dinner. He then dove into his food, starving from not having eaten earlier.

Lily's eyes went wide. "Oh Harry- is that true? That's horrid! Did it hurt any?" She asked looking concerned. She put her hand on his arm and looked to professor Slughorn. "Harry's full of surprises you know."

The other students made an impressed noise, whispering about Harry and his scar- then rounded their eyes back to him to hear what the explanation was.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:48 pm

Harry was stuck because while Igor Karkaroff- no. He was dead, but that didn't mean his successor wasn't just as hands on and nutty. Harry thought quickly for an excuse. He was gaining interest from the other students and he didn't want that. By sounding like he defeated a fellow student and survived a great curse in the process people would think he was some expert duelist.

He glanced over at Lucius but he had tried to do all he could do in his own, subtle way to help. "Well sir, it's nothing really to get excited about. I got this scar when I was kid. I was one year old. Some...people broke into our home. Tried to kill all of us. Both my real parents were killed but I survived. Not really sure how or why. No one knows really. They all assumed that maybe the killers had a change of heart- who knows?"

Harry picked up his glass avoiding the wide eyes of the others at the table who were now staring, some of them with sympathetic looks while others were turning to whisper excitedly. He hoped this lie, which wasn't a lie, wouldn't make him famous all over again. If they didn't know the wizard who did it then it shouldn't matter. He also figured the truth would be better because at least he wouldn't be forced to create a new Dueling Club where he'd teach them how to survive wicked cool curses from friends. It would be like the DA all over again.

"Harry...my word! Fascinating, truly fascinating. You're probably lucky to be alive!"

Like Lucius, Harry dove into his food hoping they would get the hint to move onto someone else.

"Oh come now everyone. Let's leave Harry alone! There are others here that we need to get to know." He clapped his hands then started making his rounds for more school gossip and introductions from some of the other newbies. Harry was relieved and thus proceeded to finish his food staying quiet for the remainder of the dinner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fool's Chance
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: Out Of School :: Anywhere Else-
Jump to: