The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Centaurs Attack!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:30 am

Severus told Dumbledore the whole story of how he had gotten the job, the man had approached him in the alley after he'd been let go from the diner. He explained what his duties were to have been, and how he missed the first night, but went tonight. Severus told Dumbledore exactly where the shop was, and how all the cloaked men had come in for the meeting. Severus was worried that once he got to the part about what had taken place in the actual meeting, that he would leave something out.

"I think it would be best if I could show you--that way I know I haven't left anything out. Do you have a pensieve?"

-x-

The memory began with Severus polishing the counter, looking up at the clock with finger-bone hands, his curiosity taking him to the potions cabinet. The memory showed Severus sneaking up the stairs and eavesdropping, including everything he had heard, and his near miss at having been caught. There was a long gap when Severus waited anxiously for the group to return, running his options of leaving over and over in his mind, always coming to the same conclusion that he couldn't. He had to keep his cover for the night as a willing worker as not to endanger himself or draw any sort of suspicion, and then he could leave.

His memory included the return of the Death Eaters who were laughing and carrying on in rowdy celebration as they tromped through the door with mud caked to their boots, and the hems and spots of their robes made darker with blood--ribbons of red also splattered across their masks. He had served them drinks and listened to their detailed account of their raids--not just this night, but other nights. They seemed to revel in the gory details of torture--both magical and non-magical doing. The drunker they became, the more graphic they became, even bragging about having tortured victims sexually or defiling the corpses. Severus felt ill, and numb, by the time the group had finally left. A few of them remained, passed out here and there, up and down the stairs, over the shop floor.

The owner asked Severus to clean up. He was so upset by the whole thing--having thought about Lily the entire time--what if it had been her these men had done these horrible things to, what if it had been her blood on their hands, what if she had been killed--Severus couldn't get the cleaning charms to work correctly. He gave up on them and just went to hand cleaning the mud and blood off of the floor, wondering who it belonged to. He couldn't finish the cleaning--it was just too much. He kept looking at the smears of blood on the floor, and thinking of Lily.

Severus left the dirty clothe, washed his hands until they were in pain, and then got out as quick as he could. He had meant to leave the portkey, but as was clear enough, he had forgotten to do so in his haste to leave.

-x-

James nuzzled Lucius' neck, but stopped and listened to Lucius explain.

"Merlin." James mumbled. "Things are just...just crazy, Lucius." He held Lucius tighter. "They won't like that you told them no, will they? They'll expect it of you." James stroked Lucius hair, and then his skin, over his chest and belly, and then curled his arm around Lucius just holding him.

"They can't force you or Severus to do anything." James said defiantly. "And you're not being bleak--you're right. We need more practice, we must be prepared. We must be prepared to fight for the people we love."

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Lily reached over and took his hand, squeezing it slightly as she leaned in to watch the scene in the pensieve. She swallowed hard, watching the men stomp around in their dark cloaks and boots caked in mud and blood. She shut her eyes, thinking about it silently- mudblood.

Their boots were caked in dirty blood. The irony made her stomach churn. She wanted to throw up, looking a bit green and shaky by the end of it. She had let go of Severus's hand to run both of hers through her thick red mane. They could have very well have killed her, or anyone else undesirable.

What did that mean anyway? She glanced to Severus- he had stood up to his housemates who were not fans of hers- did that make him undesirable too? What about Malfoy, who was openly seeing James- facing scrutiny of his house- was he another undesirable too? All of them were in great danger. She shut her green eyes in frustration.

"Why- why do they have to hate us?!" She snapped looking up at Dumbledore. "We've never done anything to them!"

"That is the great mystery of hate, Lily." Dumbledore said quietly once he was finished looking at the pensieve. "Severus, I am certain you will have nothing more to do with this shop, it's far too dangerous for you to go back there. What you have seen helps enough. I will alert the aurors- and a few other allies- there will be an increase security for all students for the rest of the year. You two may return to your respective dorms- or... mayhap, you should return to Gryffindor with Lily, Severus." He reached into his desk and handed him a gold piece of paper giving Severus written permission to be in Gryffindor for the time being. "You might want to stop and get a calming draught from Madame Pomfrey too. Try to have a good night."

Lily nodded to him and slowly stood up, looking to Severus. "Come on Sev- let's go." She murmured.

-

"Of course they expect it of me, I'm a pureblood and in Slytherin. I'm exactly who they're angling this whole thing toward- but I don't want to join. I... I don't feel the need to. You're here, you're all I need. I don't need some sort of stupid crew to be in to belong."

He let out a soft sigh when James's hands drifted over his body. The gentle touches were relaxing him in to a sense of security. "...They'd want Sev because he's very talented in the dark arts. He's the other sort they're trying to recruit. The talented."

He leaned in, knocking foreheads with James. "No one is safe, James. The whole school is at risk now." He bit his lip thinking about it. "Maybe... maybe we should start up a dueling society again- kind of like what we did in the forest. They were all the rage when my father was in school."
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:04 pm

"They'll be stopped, then?" Severus asked in a very quiet voice, even for him. "They'll be stopped before they carry out any of their other attacks?"

Severus put his arm around Lily in a display of affection he wouldn't normally be prone to showing around others--but he felt fiercely protective of her--and he wanted her to know it, and to feel her close to him, safe and breathing.

"I think a calming draught would do us both well." He said to Lily. "Thank you, Professor." He said, sliding the permission slip into his pocket.

Once he and Lily were out of Dumbledore's office, Severus kept his arm around Lily, deciding that he didn't plan to let her go any time soon. He hugged her close, and stroked her hair a bit, hoping to calm her--he didn't know if such actions could even help, how could they against something so horrible? His fear was burning away to anger a silent anger, which began to flicker within his dark eyes. He walked with Lily to Madam Pomphrey's, keeping her close. He loved her, she was the brightest light in his life, and these disgusting arsehole nor anyone as far as Severus was concerned--would take her away from him.

"I won't let anything happen to you." Severus said, in a cold voice. "I know dark things too. I know spells they've never heard of, and I am not afraid to use them. They can't have you." He held her hand securely, looking fierce and defiant, ready to to hex the first person who dared to look at them wrongly. He and Lily got their draughts, and then walked back towards Gryffindor Tower.

--

"That's a brilliant idea, Lucius. I think it would be perfect, other students need to be prepared too, not just us. They other halfbloods and Muggleborns--anyone who would stand against such extreme beliefs--we can't afford to be taken off guard." James laid kisses along Lucius' jawline. "But just for now...let's put it aside. This is the only place we have where we can be as open as we wish without being judged or having to think about the consequences."

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:53 pm

"We will do our best to stop them, Severus." Dumbledore promised and quickly went to work contacting the aurors at the ministry.

As Lily sipped at the calming draught, she listened to Severus quietly. "...Sev... hey. Listen. I... I know, I know that you can do those spells. ...They frighten me." She admitted quietly. "I know they're a part of you, and a part of who you are. I know it's a gift, and I KNOW that you're not one of them. They're just... hard to get used to. Maybe because I come from no magical background whatsoever, I'm not used to the thought of the dark arts." She squeezed his hand.

"Maybe it's because all I've ever seen of dark magic is used to harm people like myself- that in itself is frightening. I'm trying to learn more about it, Sev. I'm going to have to know." She paused in front of the window, looking out at the sky. "I think we're going to go to war, Sev- and very soon. Just outside of the school by Hogsmede, Malfoy and I spotted a cloud in the sky. It closely resembled the symbol on that pendant. Malfoy said I shouldn't go see, but I wanted to. I'm so glad I listened to him for a change."

She pursed her lips together. "I can imagine they'd want you and Malfoy to join them, but I know you won't. I know you would never do that. You're my Sev- the boy from Spinner's End who won me over with your clever, funny remarks." She smiled at him and slid her arm around him.

"Let's get to bed then."

-

Lucius nodded, and shut his eyes. "Yes- yes... well, we won't have to be judged for much longer anyway. Once we graduate, no one will care." He blinked, not having thought of that until just now." He smiled at the kisses along his jaw, sighing in contentment.

In the back of his mind he began to organize the club. They'd have to use James as a draw- he doubted he and Severus would be a good draw just by themselves. He thought of getting Evans to pose erotically for a poster for the club, but imagined the curse from Severus would be quite painful.

"...I have owled my father about us." Lucius said excitedly. "He never writes me back, but he also hasn't sent a howler. I can't wait for you to meet him- maybe over the break... He's the bravest man I've ever met before, James. You two have a lot in common." He purred and pressed his lips to James's neck, nipping and sucking at the flesh teasingly.
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Severus curled up next to Lily, and watched her sleep for a while before he finally fell asleep himself. He kept waking up automatically at regular intervals during the night, and he would watch her for a little bit, feeling the need to protect her and make sure she was still next to him and was alright. After he woke up around 5am he just stayed awake, and found a book to read until Lily woke up.

He walked to breakfast with her, snarling at his housemates when they stared and made rude gestures. He didn't even want to sit with his housemates for breakfast. He reluctantly parted from Lily, though he kept a careful watch on her from across the room. He attempted to tune out all the rude and threatening things being said to him and around him. His housemates were obviously trying to provoke him, and he was trying hard to resist. Severus was known for his temper, not his tolerance, but he was trying very hard not to let them rouse him to a show of his anger. He worked on fixing a calm outer shell over his anger.

-x-

James gave Lucius his attentions and conversation into the night, until he was too sleepy to form another word, or to keep his eyes open. He slept well and deeply, and woke the next morning with his face buried in Lucius' gorgeous soft hair.

"MmmLucius...the scent of your hair is the best possible thing I could wake up to in the morning--even better than the wafting smell of pancakes and bacon...though...I am hungry." James' stomach growled in confirmation. He yawned, and stretched his arms up over his head before rolling out of bed.

-x-
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:42 pm

Lily watched Severus from her spot at the Gryffindor table, her hand close to her wand in case something happened. She knew he had a temper and she knew that his house mates were very capable of hexing Severus at will- especially given what had happened not long ago.

She barely touched her breakfast, glaring holes into several Slytherins. Notably absent was Lucius and James- but even that didn't phase her. Finally, she tore her gaze away looking toward the head table. Dumbledore was missing.

That caught her attention. He never missed breakfast. She swallowed hard, wondering where he could be. The other professors looked on edge, even antsy. Her own housemates were whispering about early reports from the ministry about attacks close to the school on several muggle sympathizers.

She swallowed her pumpkin juice rather bitterly and made a face at the whole situation. She reached into her school bag, pulling out a quill and a piece of parchment. She wrote in big letters "HI" and flashed it to Severus- hoping to break some of his tension and some of hers as well.

-

Lucius during the night slept fairly well, save for one frightening dream. It had started well enough- he was sitting on his property underneath one of the ancient oak trees with a 1 year old baby in his lap. Lucius was older in the dream, and looking quite adoringly at his son. He had Lucius's hair, but eyes he didn't quite recognize as his own.

"Mammma." His son cooed and clung to his robes.

"My little Draco." Lucius said proudly, turning him around to point out James as he ran up the hill to sit beside him. "Look- it's your father. He's home from work." He grinned at him, kissing James hello. "My favorite auror, home just in time for dinner."

Draco squealed loudly and reached for James, climbing into his father's arms.

The dream quickly grew dark. He was no longer sitting, and no longer outside. He frowned looking around. The whole area was shaking- the sound of fine crystal rattling before smashing loudly on the ground. He whipped around, finding himself in part of the ruins of what could only be Malfoy manor. He heard the sound of Draco crying, instantly running for the child.

He found the body of his father at the base of the stairs. It felt as if he had the air sucked out of his lungs. Above him he spotted the familiar shock of red hair that could only belong to Evans. She laid beside Severus, cold and motionless- separated only by a few feet from each other.

He looked at the three of them, unsure of what to do. Lucius felt as if he were being choked from the inside. He uttered a dry sounding sob, but forced himself to continue.

He couldn't dwell on the loss. He had to get to Draco. He continued up the stairs that curled up like a corkscrew that he knew didn't exist in the actual manor. Rationality played no part for him however as tears frantically streamed down his face. He reached the landing after what seemed like ages, rushing for Draco's room. That's where Lucius found James, face down in front of the bedroom door.

Choked up, he reached down to run a hand through his dark hair before Draco's wet, sobbing cries brought him out of his own shock and grief. He forced himself inside the room. "No! Not my son!"

Green flooded his vision, and slowly, blissfully came conscience. Once his gray eyes fluttered open, his breath hitched loudly as he laid there, reminding himself that he was in the room of requirement- with James. He licked at his lips and swallowed hard. "Good morning, James." He murmured and sucked in a breath. He hid a tremble, and swallowed hard, forcing a smile to his face. Lucius slowly sat up, glancing at the clock. "Oh Merlin! We're going to be late!" He quickly sought out his clothing, pulling it on.

The horrible dream was gone, and like a true prefect the thought of being late quickly preoccupied his thoughts in its place. He ran to the bathroom to finish getting ready. "I can't believe we slept that late!" He moaned as he left the bathroom, refreshed and ready to go.

Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:58 pm

The group of Slytherins who had been prodding at Severus' temper watched Lily hold up the sign "HI" it read, in bold letters. Rosier flicked his wand towards the parchment, and on the back of it, where Lily would have seen it as she held it up for Severus to see the front, the word MUDBLOOD appeared think red ink. The crimson inked words dripped like blood, drops plopping onto the table, before it disappeared.

-x-

James pulled his clothes on too. Lucius had seemed upset when he'd first woken up--James had sensed it. Whatever had upset Lucius had been replaced with his worry of being late, however. James grabbed his glasses and slid them on, and cast a quick hygiene charm over himself--not as good as an actual shower, but it would do to keep him from wilting flowers as he passed by.

James followed Lucius out of the room and to the Great Hall. He sat down next to Lily, and opened his mouth to speak but stopped suddenly. He stared down at her plate, which had splatters of what appeared to be blood all over it.

"Lily...there's blood...what happened?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:36 am

Lily watched the blood drip and narrowed her eyes. She turned around the paper, and glared at the word. She swiped her finger across the letters, collecting the blood. She licked it off, looking dangerously at the group of Slytherins- she wasn't afraid of him.

"It's a message James." She growled. "I'm sending one right back."

Lucius sat down beside Severus, wondering what was going on. He saw Lily smearing blood on her finger and then licked it off. He swallowed and decided to not press the issue. A moment after he sat down, Dumbledore came in. He walked up to his seat, looking to his students.

"Good morning." He began rather seriously. "I am sorry to say that we are in the midsts of some dangerous times. There are forces at work that endeavor to harm those who do not agree with one very narrow view point. Due the proximity of the attacks happening closer to our school, I've decided we could due with some extra help. The ministry has sent over four high ranking officials to help guard the school. There will be one official per house. These men will have all the power of your head of house. I am certain you will give them no trouble, given their reputations. I'd like to introduce to you Arnold Macmillan."

Arnold walked through the double doors, wearing his old hufflepuff scarf. He was smiling, but the scars and dragon hide outfit he had on suggested a tough interior to the jovial exterior.

"Mr. Macmillan heads up the department of rogue creatures- he's no stranger to dealing with wild and deadly beings in our world." Once Arnold was seated, Dumbledore looked to the door again. "To some, his reputation alone is enough to make a dark wizard shutter- nearly half of Azkaban is filled with dark wizards and witches he caught-- Mad Eye Moody."

The auror walked in, the formidable thump of his quarter staff striking the tile floor as he walked. He paused at the Slytherin table, his magic eye roving over each of them. He narrowed his good eye at the lot and took his seat beside Arnold.

"Next, we have on loan to us, head auror- Charlus Potter!"

Charlus grinned as he walked in, despite the seriousness of it all. He waved to the Gryffindor table who seemed pretty pleased to see him. He took his seat by Moody and looked eagerly toward the door.

"Last but not least- head of the department of recollection of dark artifacts and on his way back from the dark recesses of the ancient part of Wales..."

Lucius perked up instantly at the mention of his father's title. He whipped around to wait for his father. Sure enough, his father appeared- rounding through the door on a black steed. He wore an inky black cloak that obscured his face and the rest of his body. It flowed about him like a shadow. The steed raced toward the head table- and after Abraxas leapt off it's back, it vanished before colliding with anyone.

Abraxas landed, and he unhooked his cloak. It melted off of him, vanishing much like the horse did.

"...Abraxas Malfoy." Dumbledore arched and eyebrow to him, to which Abraxas returned with a nod. The short blonde took a seat beside his colleagues.

"Always got to make an entrance." Moody grumbled. Abraxas said nothing in response, but his lips held the slightest trace of a small smile.

"Macmillan will be joining Ravenclaw for the remainder of the time we'll need our escorts. Potter will be with the Hufflepuffs. Malfoy, the Gryffindors... and Moody the Slytherins." Dumbledore continued. "I suggest all of you treat these men with the up most respect for these men."

Lucius was beaming ear to ear as he looked over toward his father. Even though he wasn't in charge of his house, it didn't matter. The fact that he was here made him feel that much better.
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 6:44 pm

James was glad to see his father, but he was also uneasy. If Dumbledore was bringing in these extra people--all very skilled and experienced wizards--to better protect the students, it meant things were getting really serious. Part of him felt much better however, knowing that these people would be there to help keep people like Rosier, Wilkes, Avery, Mulciber, and the like in line. Perhaps Lucius would be safer, now.

James watched Lucius, wondering how he would react to his father being there, and in charge of Gryffindor. James would have to be on his best behavior...did Mr. Malfoy even know that he and Lucius were together? The man looked rather fierce, and James wondered how he would feel about his only son taking up with a Gryffindor boy. James shifted uncomfortably.

"I think Malfoy's father could use a pair of stilts," Sirius joked, leaning in towards James.

"I'm sure you would fair well if you suggested that to him mate," James replied with sarcasm.

Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 JamesLuciusBanner

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:07 pm

For the rest of breakfast, Lucius didn't eat. He kept looking over at his father, trying to get his attention. As soon as it was over, he barreled over to him, tackling the older man to the ground as a slew of words explaining absolutely everything to him followed out of his mouth.

Abraxas laid flat on the ground, staring up at his son who had him pinned there as he babbled out everything. "Lucius-"

"And then they attacked Severus and I in the dormitory and that's when Sev found out I'm dating James because James came to help us because he was worried about me as he's sweet like that- oh, have you met James lately? He's not a prat anymore."

Abraxas blinked. "You're dating?"

Lucius nodded.

"James Potter?" Abraxas looked over to James at the Gryffindor table. His eyes narrowed a bit as he bore a hole right into the young man.

He nodded again. "You need to meet him. He's been so brave and wonderful." Lucius got up to his feet and pulled his father up. He didn't give the smaller man a chance to speak as he dragged him over to the Gryffindor table. "James! James, this is my father. I just told him all about how wonderful you are."

Abraxas crossed his arms across his chest, staring hard into James from the tip of his hooked nose. He didn't say a single word, in favor of keeping his death stare on the young man dating his son. It didn't matter that James was the son of Charlus, all that mattered was this new person sniffing around his son with an interest in potentially getting closer to him. It then occurred to him all the wild things he and Charlus did during their Hogwarts years. His scowl remained.

Charlus made his way over. "Hey boys! Abby!" He clapped the smaller man on his back. He blinked at the expression on his face. "Uh oh. James, are you dating Lucius?" He joked.
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:30 pm

After breakfast Severus moved over to Lily, and nudged her. He was looking in the direction of James and Lucius. Lucius had made a scene by tackling his father, and the man was now glaring holes into James Potter with an intensity that Severus approved of--perhaps James wasn't as much of a git as he had once been, but old habits did die hard, and Snape still enjoyed seeing Potter squirm. He would have been more satisfied however, if he had been able to hex his fellow Slytherins as they deserved after their display at breakfast. He took Lily's hand, and looked to her instead of them.

"Lily, I saw what they did to you. I saw the blood." Severus was tasting the word 'Sectumsempra' on his tongue, and longing to cast it on at least one of his house mates. He was sure they would not like that sort of blood play as much as they liked their disturbing prank, or whatever it was to their minds.

Meanwhile, James continued to squirm. He felt the urge to cower as Lucius father drilled him with a stare that rivaled even Snape's nastiest glares.

"Er...y--yes. Sir. James Potter, that would be me." He couldn't help but grin when Lucius said that he had told his father all about how 'wonderful' James was. Well, of course he was wonderful...but Mr. Malfoy did not seem to be of the same opinion.

James let out a sigh of relief when his father came over, and clapped Mr. Malfoy merrily on the back, as if they were the best of friends. That would ease things a bit...or it would have...until Charlus made his joke that was not a joke at all.

"Actually...yes." James cast an unsure look at Mr. Malfoy. "Er, I mean...that is if Mr. Malfoy approves of course. I'm sorry I didn't send an owl about Lucius Dad, I just thought I could tell you in person when I got to see you next break. I didn't know you would be here sooner."

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:51 pm

Charlus nodded slowly. "Ah... There are some things you should tell a father about a bit sooner. Because sometimes fathers need to go and smooth things over a bit. You'll understand when you're a father, I think." His eyes widened when Abraxas turned his gaze on him. He swallowed hard and steeled his nerve. "Brax, it's good that our sons are together, don't you think? They can do things that we er... couldn't."

Abraxas sighed from out his nose, as if ridding himself of the urge to strangle James. He turned a less offensive gaze on James. "I suppose if you're as wonderful as Lucius says-"

"He's the best!" Lucius chirped.

"-Then you will have no difficulty in protecting my son when I am not around." He glanced back toward Moody. "Charlus- we should go. Come along. Moody seems to need us for something. Lucius. James.... I think it would be prudent then, for me to treat the happy couple for dinner. I'll talk to you more about it later James, seeing as how I'll be the guard for your house. Till then."

"Bye son!" He watched Abraxas head off before leaning over to his son. "And for the love of Merlin- BEHAVE." He gave him a desperate look before jogging off to meet Moody.

Lucius shook his head. "Sorry about father, he's ridiculous at times- never believing that I can be perfectly capable of picking an excellent boyfriend." He rolled his eyes. "Anyway... just talk Quidditch with him. It's his favorite. You'll win him over for sure!"

Lily watched Abraxas and Charlus walk by. "...I didn't know Malfoy's dad was so short. Or frightening. He does the dad eye to the extreme." She blinked in surprise, before turning her attention to Severus. "I was mad... but now? Now I'm not. You see... They're stuck with Moody. Who... well... won't be so nice to them. I'm sure idiots like them will be quaking in their boots. Moody's imprisoned nearly half the wizards in Azkaban!" She said in reverence. "One day, I want to be an auror- just like Moody. ...Minus the fake leg and the creepy eye."

She smiled to Severus, grabbing his hands. "The school's safe now, Sev. We're going to be alright- I hope Dumbledore was able to get the group that attacked those muggles the night before. Or at least inform the right people in order to stop them."
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:22 pm

"I'll try, father." James gave his father a smile, and he turned to Lucius. "Quidditch...yeah I can do that. Your father is just...well he's...er...scary." James admitted, rubbing at the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Lily, I should hope you don't go acquiring fake body parts...I happen to like the ones you have currently. All of you. In one piece." Severus gave her a small smile, feeling a bit relieved that Moody and the others were here. It would help, but Severus would still have his guard up. "Especially your eyes." He added, gazing into them for a moment. They were simply breathtaking.

-

Later that evening, James approached Mr. Malfoy in the Gryffindor common room.

"Mr. Malfoy, did you want to talk to me about Lucius?" James ventured.

James smiled at the older man, in attempts to start the conversation pleasantly at least...though he wasn't sure he would still be wearing his smile by the end of the evening. James loved to gaze into Lucius' beautiful silver eyes, but on Mr. Malfoy, they were gray and eerie, cold and hard like gravestones.

Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 LilySevbanner

Last edited by TheHalfBloodPrince on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:53 pm

Lily flushed slightly. "Seeeev. Come on. You're making me blush." She pouted and walked with him out of the great hall. Later on in the day, she had to go off with Lucius in search of the dress for the up coming ball. She gave Severus the password to get into the Gryffindor common room, which shouldn't have been a problem, given his pass to get into the rival house.

She met Lucius out by the rotating stairs, the two of them sneaking out for another set of stores in search for her allusive dress.

-

Abraxas was seated comfortably on his chair, a large scroll opened up in his lap. Everything on it was written in Gaelic, except one large ornate word: Merlin. He adjusted his glasses, and looked up at James- but he didn't smile. He rarely smiled. However- he didn't scowl at him like he did earlier.

"Yes I did. Please... take a seat." He gestured to a chair in front of him. "Let me make something perfectly clear, James. I'm not a good father. I've never been a good father. I don't know how to deal with my son. I lost my parents when I was very young due to a long and awful illness. I wasn't ready to be a parent, and I was given a son who craves attention all day and night. He is needy. He is manipulative. He desires acceptance from SOMETHING. To be quite frank, I was worried he may fall under the influence of those miserable death eaters." He sat up in his seat, rolling up the scroll so he could lean over on his knees. "However, he is my son and I love him. He requires someone in his life that can give him that attention he desires so much- but I would prefer it come from someone who actually cares for him and isn't attempting to use him. My son may not seem like much, but he's quite powerful- very talented with potions and the dark arts. He would be a very useful tool for them. And they will come at him strong, along with any others who show a talent for wielding the darkness."

Abraxas sat back in the chair, looking contemplative. "I do not think he would ever join them willingly, given his friendship with Ms. Evans and Severus. However, they can be quite resourceful, James. Many of them are gifted with the imperious curse, and far worse than that. You seem like a strong willed boy, especially if you are your father's son. If you care for my son, continue displaying your inner strength and heroics. My son is impressed by such things, if you haven't noticed that already. I would.... rather him be impressed by you than anyone else." He looked a bit drained after saying all of that.

"But... should you hurt him, I will make sure no one finds your mangled remains- regardless of whose son you are. Are we in agreement, James Potter?" He said very seriously and raised his hand for him to shake.
Back to top Go down
James Potter

James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 9:56 pm

James took in everything Abraxas had said, his nightmare about losing Lucius to the Death Eaters plucking at his mind once more--until Abraxas had stated that he would make sure no one found James' "mangled remains" should he hurt Lucius. Merlin. James gave a small nod, and shook the strong hand offered to him.

"I would never want to hurt Lucius, Mr. Malfoy," James said, releasing his grasp. "I care for Lucius above all others."

James looked straight at Abraxas, hit with the enormity of just how much he cared for Lucius. A strong and fierce wave of his feelings for Lucius swelled inside, and he felt that he could stand tall and bold in front of any adversary--he felt as strong on the wave of those feelings as the Gryffindor lion. James smiled a little, and then even more, at the way he felt. He probably looked silly with such a grin, though he felt anything but.

"I love him. I will do my very best not to let either of you down. Goodnight, Mr. Malfoy

--

Severus passed through the Gryffindor common room, attempting to ignore a few whispers he heard--his name of course under them. He was glad to have the pass for the Gryffindor common room as it gave him more time to spend with Lily, and if people whispered that didn't really matter, they had done that before as well. Part of his pride did nag at him to return to his House, however. He was proud to be a Slytherin, and why should he have to take refuge with a lot of Gryffindors--most of whom disliked him just as much as he disliked them. He wondered if running to Gryffindor tower showed some sort of weakness in him.

Severus pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind, and sat in the middle of Lily's bed. It felt strange to be in the girls dorm without Lily there...it felt somehow wrong, and yet slightly exciting. Snape smiled a little, and then drew the curtains closed on the bed. He had briefly considered just putting himself in a corner of the Common Room, but that had made him wrinkle his nose. The idea was absurd. The last thing Snape wanted to do was to be around a room full of Gryffindors, he liked better the privacy of Lily's bed with the curtains closed. Here he could read and study quietly and go unnoticed.

Snape spent quite a while enjoying the quiet and solitude, soaking in the last chapters of The Fellowship of The Ring. He was more than ready to dive into the second book, and see what lie ahead for the Fellowship as they fought to destroy the One Ring, and defend their world against the rising darkness. The book so reflected the times that the wizarding world was now facing. The thick book in his hands had really given him a lot to think about, and some of the characters and quotes had made such an impact on him that he had made a special section in his notebook to jot down passages or quotes, and his thoughts about them. Severus flipped through the finished book to one of the earlier chapters. He had found his favorite quote of the series thus far there--and by now he had went back to it so many times that he knew the page number and exact place where the quote lived upon the yellowing page.

"Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again."
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Severus read the quote over a few times, and then closed the book. He was very glad he had made the right decision when the wrong one had loomed so close to him. There were dark times when he could hear the shadow seeming to whisper to him. He knew his housemates wanted him for their side. He knew that the darkness could easily claim him and he could have power...never have to feel powerless again...but the price to pay was not worth that. He was so grateful that Lily had given him the strength to turn away from such things when they had pursued him the hardest. As corny as it sounded when he thought it, he knew that it was true--Lily's love was greater than any other power, and he would not forsake that love for anything. No Shadow or Dark Lord would come between them, ever.

Snape decided to take a walk to the library and exchange The Fellowship for The Two Towers. Lily was still not back and she was out shopping for a dress with Malfoy--Merlin only knew how long the two of them would be at it. In the meantime Severus would be sure to have some good reading, and follow along with the Fellowship. Perhaps he would discover new sources of inspiration.

Severus walked back towards Gryffindor with his nose in The Two Towers. He couldn't wait to get back to read it, and so was starting on the first few pages. He should have known better than to become so absorbed in it, and let his guard down in such a way--before he could react he had been disarmed. His wand skittered over the stones and lay far away from him. His book had fallen out of his hands, and his back collided hard with the stone wall. Wilkes and Avery held him there. Severus was shocked that his housemates would still act out with Moody and his Mad Eye keeping watch over them. He could have imagined such from LeStrange...who was thankfully expelled. Severus knew the others had little sense...but that little?

"Idiots!" Snape hissed. "I thought you would have more brains between the lot you than this." Severus' voice was very quiet, his black eyes flicking from one face to the other, hoping that each could feel the intense burn of his anger.

"Shut up, Snifferous!" Wilkes shouted.

"It's Snivellus..." Avery whispered.

Rosier had picked up Severus' wand, while Mulciber plucked up the book Snape had been reading.

"Muggle RUBBISH," Mulciber threw the book at Snape, grimacing as if he had touched something rotten and reeking. The book hit Severus' chest and fell closed onto the floor, the back cover staring up at the high ceiling. "You're better than this, Snape. Reading Muggle filth, fucking that nasty little Mudblood cunt--"

Snapes eyes flashed dangerously, his jaw clenched.

"Hiding out in Gryffindor Tower like a COWARD--"

"Don't call me that!" Snape jerked hard against Wilkes and Avery, and managed to twist one of his arms away. Mulciber cast a binding charm.

"But it's true..." Mulciber leered...

"Mulciber!" Avery hissed.

"Isn't it, Snape?" He ignored Snape, who along with Avery had noticed the approaching form of Mad Eye. Very good timing, Snape thought, though embarrassed he was to find himself stuck in the predicament.

"It's Moody!" Wilkes exclaimed, and he bolted down the corridor.

"Wha--" Mulciber turned too, but it was too late for him or Avery to run.

Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 JamesLuciusBanner
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Abraxas watched the young man's face very carefully. It wasn't what he expected to see given he just threatened him with extreme bodily harm. He shook his head slowly and shook James's hand. "Good night, James. Sleep well." He settled back into his chair, his thoughts drifting to his son.

Lucius was apparently shopping with Lily, the girl he often wrote about in his hundreds of letters he received in very inconvenient locations throughout the world. He wondered what she meant to him, but apparently they were simply friends. He went back to his newspaper, and the flickering fire in the common room.

Nothing seemed amiss here. Apparently, he had the easy house.

(*)

"THAT one." Lily and Lucius both exclaimed as they looked into the window of a very questionable dress shop in the middle of muggle London. The two teenagers went into the store, greeted by the scent of incense and a strange scent of something... else.

"What... what is that smell...?" Lucius murmured to her.

Lily grinned, biting down a fit of giggles. She pointed to the wall of dildos.

"...Oh." He flushed a bit, and suppressed a fit of laughter. "There's a... a whole wall of them. ...Does that one glow in the dark?"

"Come on!" Lily took his hand and pulled him over to the selection of dresses. It didn't take long for the red head to pick out her dress for the gown- a leather number that left little to the imagination- a scandalous number she was looking forward to wearing. The two teenagers ran off together, back toward the Leaky Cauldron and to their world. Lily was clutching at her box with her dress, and bag with everything she was going to need to make it work.

Lucius had a bag with him too, a little surprise he was cooking up for James. Once they reached the castle, they said their parting goodbyes and made their way back to their respective houses. Lucius was eager to get back to Slytherin, and to his bed.

Once there, he faltered a little. Moody wasn't in the common room. He frowned a bit, slipping quietly up to his dorm before anyone could notice him. He slid what he bought to surprise James with into his locked trunk, and then went about getting ready for bed. He didn't see Severus, but figured he would be with Lily. He changed into a pair of silky green pajama bottoms and a white tank top- climbing into bed for the night.

(*)

Moody missed part of the gang of future death eaters, but he caught two of them standing paralyzed against the wall. "Funny thing about runnin', lads. Eventually you get tired. And once you get tired, ya tend to get caught. Don't worry about your friend who ran off. He has to return to the dorm eventually. An' when he does, he'll be joinin' you in a rather appropriate punishment."

He glanced to Severus on the wall, and waved his hand at him- releasing him of the bind keeping him up.

"I should just let your classmate here use you for practice. I read about what he did to your friend Lestrange. But given that your headmaster is a bit soft, I doubt that way would go well with him. Instead, you'll be assisting me- every night- doin' whatever I see fit for you to do until I'm certain you aren't a threat to your classmates anymore." He nodded to Severus. "Snape. Off with ya then."
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Severus nodded to Moody, picked up his book, and walked swiftly and this time more alertly through the corridors. He left a quick note for Lily stating that he was going to stay in Slytherin that night, and then went to his house. He passed quietly like a shadow through the common room, taking note of who was there and who wasn't, and what they were doing. He would not make the mistake of letting his guard down again.

He would also not be called a coward.

Severus took a seat in a chair to the far corner of the dungeon. He decided it was the perfect spot to keep watch from, and he would wait for Lucius to return. He wanted to read his book, but he was not quick to let his guard slip again. It angered him that those idiots had ruined one of the few pleasures he had.

Snape watched the door, hoping Lucius would be back soon.

-x-

James lounged in the Common Room. His lanky legs were flung over the arm of the chair, his back resting against the other arm. He had a bit of parchment on his knee, and he was drawing doodles of Lucius' name over the paper with silly hearts, curly ques, and embellishments. Here and there were their initials with a plus sign or heart in between. Some of the Lucius's had being hearts encircling them. One even had a large heart made of tiny hearts encircling it--James was admiring his creativity.

Sirius and Remus were playing Chess, while Peter was mouth-breathing over James' shoulder, watching him doodle. Peter was his friend but there were moments when he was just a bit creepy. James repositioned himself in his chair to put more space between himself and Wormtail, and continued doodling.

Peter was scowling.

"What's wrong, Peter?" Remus asked, as Sirius' Knight began to battle.

"Nothing," Peter groused.

"Wormy's just jealous that Prongs is so over the moon for Malfoy," Sirius barked laughter.

"Am not!" Peter crossed his arms over his chest.

James covered a bit more of the parchment with his scrawl, and then folded it up.

"I want to go see my Father before bed," He explained, and stowed the parchment in the back pocket of his pants. He went to the fire and stuck his head in, calling his father. He would have to let him know he was on his way to Hufflepuff.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:00 am

Sometime later, Moody returned from his rounds. He gave a nod to Severus and made his way up to check the dorms. Everything seemed in place so far. The girls were alright, and he had his death eater proteges scrubbing out the bathrooms. As a favor to Abraxas, he went to Lucius's bed in particular and threw open the curtains to check for traps and other nasty things.

"W...whu....?" Lucius blinked sleepily. When his vision cleared he was nearly face to face with Moody. "..."

"Oh. Yer in here. Okay then. Your thin friend's downstairs. He might be waitin' for ya. Get out of bed. Gotta check yours and his bunks for anythin' your house mates would have done to im'."

"Wha... oh... okay." Lucius got out of his bunk and slowly trudged his way down to the common room. "Sev... hey." He yawned and took a seat next to him. "I didn't know you were down here. I got back early and just went upstairs to sleep. How was your night?"

(*)

Charlus blinked at the sudden face in the fireplace. He was busy eating just about everything the Hufflepuffs had given him.

"Mmmhmmm... Jafms!" He swallowed the food. "Hey! Hey son, what's up? Hufflepuffs are GREAT. Their house is in the kitchen and the food... man. I'm going to need to get an exercise routine in pretty damn quick because I'm going to wind up weighing tons, and ole Abe is gonna pick on me." He said sheepishly.

"You HAVE to come here and eat with me. There's just... so much food!"
Back to top Go down
TheHalfBloodPrince

TheHalfBloodPrince

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:19 am

Sev told Lucius about finishing The Fellowship, and his interrupted trip back from the library. He left out the part about having been called a coward, as it cut a bit to close for repetition.

"That was my evening, pleasant as it was. And what of yours? I expect Lily was able to procure--with your impeccable sense of fashion--a dress for the ball? I suppose I would not be permitted the smallest hint as to its appearance?"

Imagining Lily in a pretty dress, he thought, would be a nice thought to pluck up his mood. However his stomach sank a bit when he imagined himself next to her--like a scuff upon a brand new pair of shoes. Severus frowned, and cleared his throat.

"Lucius...you will make sure I look presentable, won't you? I have no idea...about...such things," Severus sniffed in annoyance. "Obviously."

-x-

James needed no further prodding. He said goodbye to his father for the moment, and hurried to Hufflepuff. After Charlus let him in, he went straight away to grabbing helping of food and digging in.

"Mph. Ish fanashtic," James said, mouth full. He swallowed his food, and licked his lips. "Mm...but father, I had something serious to ask you." James sat his half eaten plate of food aside.

"Do you have any sort of problem with me dating Lucius? I mean...I really, really...think a lot of Lucius. I care for him very much and..." James ran a hand through his messy hair. "I am your only child, but I don't believe I can do what I should as your heir. Since dating Lucius, I don't want to chase after girls anymore. I just want to be with him. I'm sorry if I have disappointed you father but..." James took a deep breath, and said boldy: "But that is the way it is. I won't change my mind."

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:47 am

Lucius grinned widely. "Yeah, well... What can I say about Evans's dress that wouldn't give it away... Well. You've had a horrible day, so I should give you something- a grand clue." He leaned over, looking scandalous.

"It's not a dress ANYONE will be wearing at Hogwarts. It's not a dress made of a NORMAL fabric girls wear to a ball. As a matter of fact, it's made of shiny black... leather. And that's ALL I can say. But you'd best not say anything to Evans that I said that much, because she'll give me a 'wet willy'. ...Whatever that is, I don't CARE to know." He laughed and threw himself back into his chair from his leaned over position.

"And... a Fellowship... You know, Sev... You, James, Evans and myself, we're like a fellowship. Only we don't have ring to protect. Just ourselves- against insurmountable evil from a frightening dark lord. Friendship is a powerful thing. You know well that I would do anything to protect you, Evans, or James. You're my friends.... And I know you'd do the same for me." He trailed off, thinking of that dream where they all had died in an attempt to save the child he and James had.

"Sev, the other night I had a horrible dream. I didn't tell James about it because he had a bad one too. He didn't tell me about his, and I didn't want to upset him. But I have to tell someone."

He began to tell Severus about his dream- the son he had with James, and how wonderful it started. And then how it morphed into something horrible- his father, Severus and Lily, and finally James and himself- all dead while trying to protect the baby. By the end, his was pale and trembling. "What in Merlin's name could it all mean?" He murmured.

-

Charlus blinked at the admission from James. "Oh. Oh, well- sure! That's fine, James." He shrugged. "I'm happy for you, my boy! If you're in love, than you're in love! Lucius has grown into a beautiful creature, just like his mother- I'm not surprised he's been snatched up like that." He snapped his fingers.

"But I'm sure it's a relief to Abraxas that someone like you has snatched him up. I bet you make Lucius so happy. That boy needs to smile, and I'm sure you're on task to do that. Having an heir... a grandchild would be great, but hey- it's not the end of the world. Abe and I will have to live vicariously through others, I suppose."

He shrugged. "There's adoption and surrogates, and potions and sorts of things but now's hardly the time. You and Lucius are young yet, you've got more dates and things to go on before family talk. Just... be careful, James. Abraxas is very protective of that boy. ...Though I'm sure he's already told you that. Go on, have fun! But... responsible fun. No getting lost in Mexico drunk off your gourds fun. Save that for Sirius and the boys."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Centaurs Attack!   Centaurs Attack! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Centaurs Attack!
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: In School :: The Forbidden Forest-
Jump to: