The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Malfoys and Potters

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lily Evans

Lily Evans

Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:22 am

"Mmm. I wasn't very good at sneering. Severus cornered the market on that. I was far better at acting aloof. The two of us together made a very unapproachable and unfriendly duo, for sure." He smiled fondly at the memory, though it was a sad one. It was clear on his face that he missed Severus. "When you see his portrait next, please tell him I said hello."

Lucius shook the thought from his mind and he looked down at little Al. "You look ready! Come sit beside me." He summoned the regular first aid kit that sat on the mantle. Every house has one of these, Al. It's a simple first aid kit used to fix most injuries. I used this one all the time to help my father." He popped open the case, and began to slowly explain the potions inside- using simple explanations.

"The red one is for burns- even if it's a simple burn- let's say you touch a pan while helping your grandmother. You can use this one to make it go away. The blue one helps heal cuts and scrapes. Your older brother is an active fellow- if he falls and scrapes his knee, this blue one will take it away. These are the only two you'll really need. The other ones are to treat minor illnesses. Now... when you go to make the... er... hurts go away... and it's a small one, how much of the potion do you think we would use? A little because the 'hurt' is small, or a large amount?"
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:53 pm

"Of course." Harry said, thinking of Snapes portrait, the man in it as sour as ever. Harry smiled as Al sat eagerly next to Lucius who opened the first aid kit. Al paid close attention, concentrating as he took in Lucius explanations of the various potions. After Lucius questioned him, Al thought hard. He wanted to give Lucius the right answer.

"Well I guess...maybe not a whole bunch but more than a little bit, cause just 'cause a hurt is small...it could still be really bad if there's bad magic or poison or something in it. Like snake bites are real small, but they're poison!"

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:41 pm

"Exactly right. A little hurt only needs a bit of potion." He thinks about Al's question for a bit. "Well. If you think your father or anyone else has a wound done with bad magic or is poisoned, you tell an adult- you can even call me and I'll come take care of it. Being poisoned requires more complicated potions. Once you learn how to use these really well, I'll teach you the other ones when you're a bit older. For now, these are good to know." He put the potions away. "You're a sweet boy, aren't you Al? Wanting to help your father like that. You must be very proud, Harry." He gives the boy an affectionate look before turning to Harry.

He swallowed, debating on whether or not to tell him what happened earlier. Figuring that it was better to tell him than have him hear it from a secondary source, he swallowed and started to speak. "Before you hear it on the streets, I went down Knockturn Alley today." He winced and ran a hand over his braid. "I just wanted to see it, just to feel some sort of excitement- I didn't go to any stores, I didn't buy nor speak- as I have no need for anything. I... I just wanted to see. So I walked." He twisted the end of his sleeve in his hand. "I know it wasn't a good idea, it was a terrible idea. And when I emerged, there was a small crowd waiting to remind me that it was a terrible idea to go down there." He looked troubled again, and said no more in elaboration. "I won't be doing it again."
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:52 pm

"I am extremely proud of him, he's a good boy." Harry smiled at his youngest, agreeing with Lucius.

Al smiled shyly at Lucius' affection, but began to frown when Mr. Malfoy spoke of his trip down Knockturn Alley, a frown which echoed the one on Harry's face.

"Things are so different after the--"

Harry was interrupted by George coming out of the fireplace, with James. The two made a rowdy and boisterous entrance. They were wearing crazy hats--James' was a glowing octopus with arms that wiggled and waved all around his head and tried to reach any objects nearby and curl them up into a tentacled grasp. George's hat had a large circular brim and was half as tall as Al was. George's hat was alive with flashing and glittering lights and baubles, and every so often, the top would open and a pink stuffed rabbit would pop out wearing a spinning bow-tie and holding up a sign advertising Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

Al looked up at George's hat in horror, and hid behind Harry.

"We've come for the tiny Potter!" George exclaimed excitedly, ferreting Al out from behind Harry.

"Dad! We're having SO much fun!" James was holding three different lollipops in each hand, all unique and odd shaped, and brightly colored--one seemed to have a bug in the translucent candy, while another seemed to be singing, and a third one changed colors frequently. James's lips and mouth were dyed rainbow, and he bounced eagerly around as he took turns licking each one.

"Come on Alley Cat," Al wasn't very fond of the nickname. "We're going to the Barium and Badly's Circus--Greatest Show on Earth! It's here for only the weekend, and it's a can't miss! Fred and I wanted to be in the Circus when we were small, but we couldn't join!" George hefted Al onto his shoulders. Al peered around the hat which otherwise hid him from sight, and looked very serious and unamused. He cringed when the rabbit popped out of the top again.

"Why couldn't you join the circus?" James asked, licking his ridiculous amount of suckers.

"No, I mean we couldn't join! We tried a joining charm--we couldn't very well be part of a circus as boring old regular twins! Circuses only take joined twins, and we couldn't get it to work properly--just ended up with Fred minus a small toe, which I've now got extra! Now I've got a bit of Fred still with me wherever I go. Oh, don't tell that story to Grandmum, either of you!" George laughed, warning the boys. "She never knew, and she wouldn't find it as amusing as I do!"

"Er, George-" Harry began, but George and James had their own agenda. James was tugging eagerly at the sleeve of George's hideous shirt which had dancing hula girls on it.

"Come on Uncle George, we gotta go get good seats! I wanna see the guy that's gonna swallow a hundred pygmy puffs! I don't think he can do it! Come on Al, it's gonna be fun!"

Al arched an eyebrow at his brother, thinking that it would be loud, and crowded, and what was so interesting about a guy swallowing pygmy puffs? It sounded gross. Al looked helplessly at Lucius, and then Harry.

"George--" Harry tried once more.

"Have fun playing spin the butterbeer, or whatever it is you plan on! But Harry, just don't beat Lucius too badly at Gobstones or he'll be embarrassed, and we wouldn't want him having egg on his face!" George grinned, as he reached down and placed a hand atop James' unruly hair, which was now also sticky with candy. "Right, I did hear about that little incident, Malfoy! Good thing it wasn't a brick! Boys'll be back later, Harry!" With that George grabbed a handful of floo powder. James stepped into the fireplace next to Geroge, who was hunching so he could fit in with Al atop his shoulders.

"Weasley's Wizard Wheezes!" George called, and the three were gone.

Harry pressed his hand to his forehead.

"Lucius, I'm so sorry. I knew I shouldn't have left that note on the mantel that Al and I were visiting you--in case George was back early with James."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:10 pm

"I should have never went down there, Harry- but I just couldn't help it. I suppose I need something to keep my..." When George and James strolled into the parlor, the look of horror on his face was palpable. "self... busy... Oh my." He wasn't sure where to look, or what to do- or even how to react- his face permanently fixed in a look of abject horror that he hadn't had the displeasure of making since a five year old Draco colored his office in pink paint one day and stuck all the invoices for the apothecary all over himself with permanent glue.

His eyes were glued to George's towering hat for a good minute- having to look away because of the spots that started to form in his eyes from looking at the large distracting hat. "There's a... oh. It keeps... oh." He pressed his lips together so firmly that they seemingly vanished right off his face.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the octopus reaching for one of the glass frames on the mantle piece. "Oh- oh no-" He quickly got up and removed the frame from out of reach of the troublesome hat. He sat back down clutching the frame to his chest while he reached with his trembling hand for a cup of tea. The hot liquid inside sloshed inside as he listened to where George was taking Al. "Th... the circus." He murmured and took a sip, suddenly looking thoughtful.

Abraxas never took him to the circus. He begged and pleaded and threw himself on the ground in a tantrum fit at not being able to go like most other children did. All it got him was a place in the time out corner. He was Al's age the last time he tried to get to go. When Draco was a boy, he didn't want to go- and Lucius had lost interest by that time. However, now that all appearances and false faces were useless in the public eye-- curiosity was getting the better of him.

The brick comment brought him back to reality, and he touched his nose in horror at the thought. Once George and James had shanghai-d Al, he took a calmer sip of his tea before glancing to Harry.

"That was a hideous shirt." He sat the tea cup down and folded his hands neatly in his lap. "Your poor child. He's a quiet boy, he won't enjoy that. He might, maybe, if you and I were there with him. Perhaps then, we both should go. To save Al." He said in his usual cool demeanor.
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Harry sat next to Lucius, dragging a hand through his messy hair. He had never been to a circus either, magical or muggle...and he should probably make sure George didn't feed James too much junk food. The last thing he wanted was James spending the night howling with a stomach ache.

"Right. I think that's a good idea--but you wanted to see my side first. It's really healed up well."

Harry pulled his sweater off over his head, which made his hair even crazier, and then unbuttoned the shirt he wore beneath the sweater. He pushed the material aside, revealing a slender but toned figure, a few scars scattered, the one on his side having healed to nothing more than a long, slender, thread that was hardly noticeable unless one was looking closely enough.

"Very good potions you have."

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:32 pm

"Hn." Lucius squinted his eyes at the now spider silk thin mark on his side. He ran his finger over it gently to see if it was raised any, indicating a build up of magical infection under the skin- but it was smooth with no signs of abnormality. "Yes, it's healed nicely." He said and pulled away, frowning slightly at the few other scars. "No wonder, Harry, that young Al wishes to take care of you. The scars must frighten him some. My father was the same way, he'd never let them heal properly- he said they reminded him of previous experiences, and were badges of honor. ...Sometimes, I think father would have made an excellent Gryffindor." He said looking amused. "And thank you. I made those potions. Severus wasn't the only one who was good at them. I tended to make more potions for medical use, as that's where my interests were in the subject."

Lucius slowly got up, collecting his black frock coat. He left the cane part of his wand in the stand, and grabbed a simple black fan. He had to have some way of blocking out his face. The last thing he wanted was to bring any more attention to himself. He sat back down beside Harry. "You... ah... aren't harboring any misgivings being seen with me in public by chance, are you...? If you do not wish for me to be there, I understand."
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:14 am

Harry shivered a bit at Lucius' touch along the scar, which was a bit ticklish. When Lucius was finished inspecting it, he buttoned his shirt. He was pulling his sweater back on when Lucius sat back down next to him. He popped his head out the v-neck, and straightened his glasses.

Lucius words recalled a time in Harry's life when he had feared that he was possessed by Voldemort--he had been afraid since he had seen through the eyes of the snake that attacked Arthur Weasley--that he was some sort of freakish vessel for a vile evil. Harry remembered how alone he had felt, and how miserable. He rested his hand briefly on Lucius' knee. The past was gone, and there was always the chance of redemption, or at least Harry liked to think so. He thought of Snape, his eyes tearing just a bit as he remembered the dark eyes that belonged to a man he had only ever known before that night as his nasty old potions master--a man whom Harry now deeply admired for his courage, and who echoed to him a lesson his mother had taught him before he was old enough to remember her--that love was stronger than hate.

Those people who gave Lucius the evil eye, who whispered behind his back, or to his face, were wrong to do so despite the demons of Lucius' past. There was dark and light to everyone, it was just a matter of choosing which path to take, and many times humans simply chose the wrong pathways. Lucius was trying to find new pathways, and such things were not often easy.

"I don't mind." Harry said, removing his hand from Lucius' knee. "I don't see the point of encouraging the prejudices of others. Those people are wrong."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:45 am

Lucius was inwardly glad at Harry's answer. The hand on his knee made his heart flutter for a moment, the action making him feel slightly silly for inwardly . He was looking forward to seeing the circus. He gave a curt nod. "Yes, well- me neither. ...Not anymore. I'm trying to be better. I suppose egg is good for one's hair. What with all the protein in all. It could have been worse. They really <i>could</i> have thrown a brick." He looked a bit sheepish and then stood up.

"Well, I suppose we should get on to the circus- we should get there before they take their seats and are impossible to find. ...." He blanked for a moment. "Provided everyone else is wearing ridiculous hats."

-

The grounds were full of young children flanked by siblings and parents, all chattering excitedly as they explored the small carnival outside of the circus. The air was heavy with sugar laden treats, fried foods, and a muggle treat- popcorn. Color was every where, on the huge tent that kept circling through red, yellow, and blue stripes, on the stands selling all sorts of merchandise- to Lucius's great dismay- everyone was wearing an obnoxious hat or mask.

"Merlin. To think we've stumbled across a place where George Weasley's taste in fashion is normal..." He trailed off, pausing in front of the mask stand. He saw a peacock eye mask that instantly caught his attention. It only covered around his eyes, as the peacock's graceful neck wrapped around part of the eye area, while the tail went around the other. It was metal based and shimmered a bit. The mask would help him feel more at ease- blending in with this insane crowd that they were suddenly looking like sore thumbs in.

He quickly bought it, performing a mild sticking charm so that it would rest on his face without a problem- and without having to put the string around his head and hair. "When in Rome, I suppose. Wouldn't you say Harry?"

"Harry Potter!" The man behind the counter exclaimed. He had a massive hat on, a mask over his face, and several other masks hanging around his neck. "You're my most popular seller! We sell Potter glasses and rub on lightening bolt scars all the time!"

"How remarkably uncomfortable." Lucius frowned. "He's a man, not an attraction."

"Oh come off it, ya stuffed shirt! It's the circus- in case you haven't noticed-- everyone's an attraction!" He gave Lucius a cross look which was returned in spades by the blonde. "Here- have a phoenix mask- on the house." He passed over the mask to Harry- it was similar to Lucius's, only depicting a red and gold phoenix instead. "Have a good time at the circus!"
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:07 am

Harry looked uncomfortable at the man's remark about selling a lot of 'Harry Potter' glasses, and fake scars. It had not been the first time he had heard of such things, and certainly Harry was paid a lot of attention by people. He was cordial to his fans and admirers, but he had never really wanted all the extra attention. He was glad for Lucius' statement that he was 'a man, not an attraction'. It seemed to often, people forgot this.

Harry was glad for the mask too, so he could enjoy the Circus in relative anonymity, without people wanting to speak to him, or touch him, or get him to sign something. He was after all, no Gilderoy Lockhart.

That thought made Harry smile a bit. He took the phoenix mask and put it on.

"Come on Lucius, let's get through these people and find George and the boys." He grabbed Lucius hand. "Er, so we don't get lost." He said, and he moved through the crowd, keeping a look out for a hat that was taller than everyone elses.

Very soon Harry say George. The rabbit had just popped out of his hat with the spinning tie and sign.

"There they are." Harry pointed, winding them through the crowd. "George--"

George and the boys were in front of a stand selling poofs of cotton candy. James' suckers were replaced a large, greasy corndog in one hand, and in the other a cloud of blue cotton candy. George knelt in front of Al, who was crying and trying to wipe all the tears off of his face.

"Al, what's wrong?" Harry asked, dropping Lucius hand--which did not go unnoticed by George. Harry pushed his mask atop his hair, and knelt too.

George and the boys were surprised to see him--and Lucius. The mask might've hid his face, but that blond hair was undeniable Malfoy.

"Mmm--mm..." Al sniffled, sobbing and wrapping his arms around Harry's neck, his face burrowing into Harry's shoulder.

"One of the clowns gave him a scare." George explained.

"The clown had this big ol' red nose, and when he pulled it off, he didn't have ANY nose. It was BRILLIANT!" James exclaimed around mouthfuls of food. He was obviously more impressed by the clowns antics than Al had been. "Only babies are afraid of clowns." James added.

Al hugged tighter to Harry's neck.

"Al..." Harry said quietly. "Do you want to go home?"

Al wiped at his eyes, settling down a bit. He did want to go home, but he didn't want James--or Mr. Malfoy--to think he was a baby.

"N-no. I'm alright." He sniffled, and pulled away from Harry, tears still clinging to his long lashes and his nose reddish like the clowns.

"Mum, Mum!" A little girl with shocking blond curls and missing front teeth pointed. "Mum...innit Harry Potter?"

Harry pulled his mask down over his face.

"Let's get inside, and find some seats then." He said, taking Al's hand, giving it a small squeeze.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:28 am

"Right no problem!" Lucius said quickly. It was interesting passing through crowds of people relatively unnoticed. It was rather nice. For once, he was happy to see George's obnoxious hat. It was rather helpful in this case.

Listening to James about the clown, he frowned instantly. "They have clowns here?" Lucius asked in a very distant manner. "Al, it's alright. Not everyone likes clowns. Being at a circus seems rather counterproductive now that I think about it. But it's alright. There's lots of other fun things to see, other than them anyway."

He ran a hand over his braid, shaking his head at the thought. Clowns without noses. No wonder his father didn't like seeing these things. He changed the subject, looking down at James Jr. "James Potter- look at all that food you've got!" He looked amused. "You're going to be hyped up all night, aren't you?" His heart instantly went out to Harry- that wasn't going to be a fun evening.

He glanced down at the little girl and then at her mother before quickly turning away. He didn't like the thought of being noticed either, even though he doubted anyone would at this point. Once they had made their way inside, he had absently grabbed Harry's other hand.

A harlequin style clown, half blue and half silver bounded up to the group. He mimed some comical, graceful actions and acrobatics before cart rolling away. That wasn't so bad. Lucius relaxed a bit- up until another clown came right up to them and started making up some balloon animals.

"For the men! Dragons!" He proclaimed loudly and began to masterfully twist balloons into dragon sculptures- enchanted to move and flap their wings. He gave them out to Harry, Al, James, and George. "And for the lovely lady- a unicorn!" He leaned over to mock whisper to James. "Because lovely ladies totally dig unicorns. Remember that." He winked comically to them and gave Lucius the unicorn.

Lucius gave an incredibly forced smile and nodded to the clown. "Let's just find seats." He said in a strained voice to Harry.
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:51 am

James was thrilled with the dragon. He finished his corndog and continued working on the fluff of cotton candy. He asked George if he could have an icecream before they went home tonight, and George of course agreed happily.

"Merlin, James!" George teased him, ruffling the boys hair. "You're sure you're not Uncle Ron's child?"

Al was holding onto Harry's other hand that Lucius didn't have, and he held his dragon balloon out a bit, as if he were wary that it might pop, or shoot flames at him, at any moment. Anyway, Al wasn't going to take any chances. He still did not trust the clowns.

"Right this way, lovely lady." George teased Lucius, bowing dramatically and motioned towards the door into large, seating area.

The group made their way towards the front, though it looked like most of those seats were taken.

"Out of the way, this is the great Harry Potter!" George dramatized, motioning.

Harry groaned.

"George, don't." He warned.

A group of people in the front immediately got up, giving over their seats to Harry and company.

"You can have our seats--we'd be honored if you took them." The father said.

"No, no that's quite alright. You were already here, there's no need we can sit in the back."

"Front seats!" James exclaimed, hopping up into one of the surrendered chairs.

"It's the least we could do to show our appreciation." The man said, reaching out and squeezing Harry's shoulder briefly before moving on with his family.

George sat down too, and James skipped excitedly from chair to chair, handed George what was left of his cotton candy, and then tried to cartwheel across the chairs.

"People like you a lot, but they don't listen to you very much do they, Da?" Al said thoughtfully.

"They were just being kind." Harry said lowly, though he felt bad that the family gave up their seats. He sat down and watched James tumble off of the chairs and into a giggling heap on the floor. His octopus hat fell off of his head, and crawled away on its tentacles.

Al climbed up into the chair next to Harry.

"You could use magic that makes their bums get stuck to the chairs, then they can't get up! Then we coulda sat in back...where it's not so loud." Al said. "Maybe use it on James too." He added, watching his brother pick himself up and run up and down the aisles of chairs.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:06 am

"Aha. Thank you." He grumbled to George and with as much dignity as he could muster, walked ahead of him. He quickly gave his unicorn balloon away to a little girl in the stands as they made their way by. When George announced that they were with Harry Potter, Lucius felt like he wanted to die of embarrassment. "George Weasley! We could have taken a seat in the back..." He said looking miserable as he sat down a seat away from Harry- figuring James would want to sit beside his father. "It's probably safer, less likely to get hit with something... unpleasant."

Lucius watched as James took off running, back and forth- like a little mad man. "Merlin, at least he'll burn some energy off that way.... He's making me tired, watching him." He just shook his head, looking around at the gigantic circus show space- It was so massive he couldn't even begin to imagine what type of shows they were going to put on.

He smoothed a wrinkle out of his frock coat, still contemplating whether or not this was a good idea. The lights began to dim, indicating that the show was about to begin. He glanced up at the artful ropes extending high across the space, figuring they would come into play later. "I suppose this isn't so bad. I've been insulted by a clown, but... that's the least of my concerns."
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:26 am

The circus was amazing--some moments were so breathtaking that even the ever fidgety James was glued motionless to his chair in awe. Al had migrated over to sit on Lucius lap about halfway through the show, and would hide his face against Lucius chest when something scared him. By the end of the show, Al was sleepy. The night had been rather stressful to him and he really wanted to go home and curl up under his favorite fuzzy blanket.

The group headed out of the big top, James trudging behind and moaning as he rubbed at his tummy. Al had wrapped his arms around Lucius neck when they left--a gesture clearly showing that he didn't feel like walking--and he now watched his brother with his chin resting on Lucius' shoulder.

Harry stopped and spoke to James, assuring him that once they were home, he would give James a potion to help his tummy feel better, and put him to bed. Harry lifted the boy up and carried him along side Lucius. George walked along the other side a bit, but decided it was time for him to go.

He said his goodbyes, kissed each Potter boy on the head, and disapparated. Harry's stroked James' back soothingly as he and Lucius walked, and James continued to moan and whine.

"Only babies whine." Al said with a touch of smugness, echoing the thing James said to him all the time.

"Shut up!" James groaned. Of course, what James said applied to everyone BUT James himself.

"Boys, don't fight." Harry said, taking his phoenix mask off, and placing it atop Al's head.

"Daaaad..." James whined again, squirming in Harry's arms.

"We'll be home soon, and the potion will help." Harry assured James again.

"No it won't." Al said. "We don't have any more tummy potion. You gave the last bit to James when he ate hot peppers 'cause Rose dared him to."

"Oh..." Harry remembered. That had been a very unpleasant night. "Er, Lucius...do you have any sort of potion for stomach aches back at the manor?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:41 am

Lucius comforted Al during the scarier parts, much like he would have done if he had taken Draco or even Scorpius to the circus at that age. He was glad they went, clown harassment aside. Once outside, he kept his arms around the small by, walking idly with the Potters and George- still partially dazzled by what he had seen.

He grinned a little at Al at what he said. "Unfortunately, eating all that wonderful food will give you a nasty stomach ache... but I know I should have something back at the manor that will help. Come along then, no time to waste. Bring the boys to the bedroom to the right of the parlor- get James comfortable- it'll be a moment while I look for it."

He reluctantly passed Al to Harry. "I'll see you all in just a moment." He quickly vanished, apparating home to the manor. He started looking for potions right away, wanting to find the correct one to help James. Thankfully he had made up amounts of his usual potions in child size portions for Scorpius as the boy always seemed to be getting into something miserable.

He grabbed a potion with clear liquid inside. He popped the cork, and added a bit of raspberry extract to it to make it taste a bit better before heading toward the bedroom he instructed Harry to wait in with the boys.
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:49 am

Harry apparated with the boys, and settled James onto the bed in the room Lucius had told him to take the boys too. Al yawned largely, and thinking nothing of it, crawled under the covers and gave a pleased sigh at the cushy pillows feeling like clouds. He was asleep almost immediately, not hearing James who continued to whine and sniffle. Harry began to tell James a short story, in attempts to keep the boys mind off of his aching belly while Lucius got the potion.

Harry had finished the story just as Lucius entered the room, and stroked messy pieces of James' hair off of his forehead.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:00 am

"Ah... Poor child." He murmured and pulled a chair over to sit beside him. "It hurts a good deal, doesn't it? Don't worry, this will make it go away." He opened up the bottle of potion, giving it to James. Being in this room brought back memories. When ever he was ill, his father would bring him down here- as the stock of potions was located down the hall, along with guides on how to use them.

It was also the room Abraxas used to sleep in when he was too sore to make it up the stairs to go to bed.

"My father used to sing to me when I was ill. It used to help take my mind off of things..." He racked his brain for something to sing, remembering the one song his father sung- it was from a book he used to read to Lucius when he was James's age. He never bothered singing it to Draco, as it would have frightened him a bit. He cleared his throat and began to sing.

"Far over the Misty Mountains cold,
To dungeons deep and caverns old,
We must away, ere break of day,
To seek our pale enchanted gold.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells,
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gleaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught,
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.

On silver necklaces they strung
The flowering stars, on crowns they hung
The dragon-fire, on twisted wire
They meshed the light of moon and sun."

Lucius went quiet after he was finished, observing young James to see if his stomach was still bothering him.
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:09 am

James drank the potion down dutifully. Harry took the empty bottle, and smiled at Lucius' song, watching James as the boy took in the words and the pained expression relaxed from his face. When Lucius was finished with the song, James' eyes had grown heavy with sleep, as he was finally crashing down hard from his sugar overload.

James blinked heavily, and groggily sat up and crawled closer to Lucius. He hugged Lucius briefly, murmuring a 'thank you' before flopping back down onto the bed, and going out like a light. Harry adjusted the awkward position of one of James' arms, and then fixed the blankets over him. Both of his boys were soundly asleep.

"Thank you Lucius. I really do appreciate it." Harry handed the empty vial back to Lucius. "I don't want to disturb them now--I hope we're not imposing upon you but--would it be alright if we borrowed this room for the night?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:21 am

"You're welcome. Sleep well, James." He stood up quietly to take the glass vial back.

He shook his head. "Oh, Harry- of course I don't mind. I wouldn't dream of having you wake them." He went over to the bench that rested against the foot of the bed, levitating it off the ground to tranfigure it into another bed along side the one the boys were sleeping on.

"There-- you won't interrupt them now."He murmured. "...Thank you for allowing me to come and partake in your family outing. Your boys are a lot of fun. I know you must be proud. ....I do not get to get out often." He trailed off in admission. His manor was his beautiful prison. He felt protected when he was inside it, but it prevented him from doing things he used to do because he had some discomfort still with being in the public.

He cleared his throat. "I'm sure you wish to go to sleep as well. ...Goodnight Harry."
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:48 pm

"Goodnight, Lucius."

Harry snuggled down into the transfigured bed, and was out as quickly as James and Al had been.

--

Harry roused the boys early the next morning, and left a note thanking Lucius on the mantel. He floo'd the boys to Grandma and Grandpa Weasley's, and then from the Burrow he floo'd himself to the Ministry to start off a new work week.

The week passed by, and the weekened had not came soon enough for Harry. The boys had spent a lot of time at the Burrow, and apparently Al had been talking about Lucius a lot. On Friday Arthur had dug a box out--it had taken him forever to find it among all the things he had in his home workspace (which Molly kept threatening to sort out--which really meant she would throw it all out). The box had a lot of old pictures from various members of the Weasley family.

Among them were a few depicting one of Arthur's Uncles who had served in the Broomstick Battalion alongside Charlus Potter. Unlike Charlus, Arthur's uncle had not survived. In a kneeling row in front of the uniformed Battalion were a row of mediwitches, one of them baring the unmistakable look of Abraxas Malfoy.

Arthur magically made duplicates of the photos--some for Harry to keep, and to give the others to Lucius. He gave them to Harry when he came for the boys Friday evening. James had asked to spend the weekend with Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione, and Al was ill and being tended to by Molly, who insisted Al stay under her care until he was better.

Harry spent a bit of time with Al, comforting him, and then dropped James off with Ron and Hermione. Hermione asked Harry to stay for dinner, which he did, and afterwards he floo'd to the manor to give Lucius the photos from Arthur.

"Lucius?" Harry stepped out of the fireplace, casting a quick charm over his robes to get rid of the residual floo powder mess.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Lucius spent his week feeling the loneliness more than usual. It was nice to be around Harry and his family. The voices of children, the activity- and being needed sat well with him. However all good things had to come to an end. A few times during the week he made his way out to Diagon Alley- though this time mostly just to see what was going on. He tugged up his cloak, wanting to blend in with the scenery rather than stick out to avoid confrontation.

He passed by a stand of gossip papers, surrounded by a few young women. He paused, looking to see what they were clucking about. He peered cautiously over them, at the paper they were discussing. There was a shot of them leaving the circus.

"Oh, look at Harry Potter! Taking his sons to see the circus! Isn't that lovely!"

"It's been a few years since his wife passed, wonder if he's looking for a new lady friend. I can more than fit that bill."

"Gain an extra couple of pounds and you can fill two bills!"

The woman hauled off and hit her friend in the jaw. "Shut it Ellie!"

Lucius bit back a chuckle and was aboyt

"...Who the hell is the blonde?"

Their clucking turned suddenly nasty.

"I JUST died my hair red! Now he goes liking some blonde twit! Rather unshapely woman- I suppose he's moved on to a more flat sort of woman. Dee had better loose a few pounds if that's the case!"

Lucius looked indignant under the hood and quickly moved along. "I am not a woman." He muttered in frustration. He ducked into the sweet shop to console his frustration with treacle tart. While munching on his treat, he glanced over the community board. They were advertising for a gala bachelor auction held for the Ministry of Magic to raise money for those families who lost nearly everything in the second war.

Tickets to go were expensive, but that was no worry of his. Considering it was a Ministry function, he wondered briefly if Harry was asked to volunteer his services, or at least buy a ticket. He automatically thought of Harry strutting down a catwalk to the delight of amorous witches- driving up the bids. The thought was so ludicrous he nearly choked on his tart.

He returned home, amusing himself some more with the mental image. But by time the end of the week had come, he had forgotten it. "Harry!" He closed his book, setting it down beside him on the chaise. He was wearing flowing blue robes today, and had his hair done differently. He had the sides braided and connected into the back into a larger braid while the rest hung down.

"I'm starting to really look forward to these visits." He said folding his hands in his lap. "Please, come sit. What brings you here today?"
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:34 am

Harry smiled at Lucius, waving the pictures.

"Arthur's found some old photos and made copies--he thought you should have them." Harry moved to sit next to Lucius, looking rather Muggle compared to Lucius lavish blue robes. Harry wore a pair of low slung belted dark jeans, his black shirt tucked in with the sleeves rolled up and the top few buttons popped--it had been hot in the small kitchen/dining room combination at Ron and Hermione's--and a gray vest that was well fitted.

He handed the photos to Lucius.

"Molly's been on about all the dirt rags--apparently, there's a buzz that I'm seeing a blond woman." He gave Lucius a small smile. "Really I try not to pay any attention to them."

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:47 am

"Oh!" Lucius took the picture and looked at it. A faint smile crossed over his face. "This was right after father got back from helping the resistance in France- national pride call him home. The missions for the broomstick battalion were getting more difficult. He wanted to help the men and women who were fighting up in the air." He explained and set the picture on the side table next to him. "Thank you, that was quite kind of you to think of me, Harry. I do appreciate it." He said and took in the younger man's outfit.

"Er... were you trying to impress the blonde woman by showing off in that outfit?" He raised a perfectly plucked eyebrow- keeping his face completely neutral. "How strange gossip papers can be- making up such strange allegations about mysterious blonde women." However, his tone gave him away. He was entirely amused.

And then it dawned on him. The Ministry auction! "...And what would your phantom blonde woman think about the up coming Ministry auction...?" He teased. "Are you going to be participating?"
Back to top Go down
HarryPotter

HarryPotter

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:02 am

"Oh, you're welcome. My...my outfit?" Harry seemed clueless, and then remembered he'd undone some of the buttons over dinner. "Oh..." He fumbled with the top buttons on his shirt, making sure they were done and the peek of his chest was covered.

"You would probably be amused by the auction." Harry said, passing a hand through his hair and frowning a bit.

"I think the auction's a silly idea--though I have to admit, a silly idea that will probably work. Yes, I've been roped into doing it though I'm not really looking forward to it. It'll be nice to raise the money, and it's for an excellent cause I'm just...not thrilled about people bidding on me. I hope there isn't any bloodshed between rival bidders--women are lunatics, you know."

Harry laughed, almost feeling Hermione's slap to the back of his head for that statement, despite that she wasn't there.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:12 am

"I don't think it's a bad idea. Then again, I don't think you ever had the mind of a businessman, Harry. The Ministry wishes to raise money for families displaced and torn apart by the war, what better way then to offer up attractive members of the ministry for a date- I'm certain there are many there who will drive up the money, and given you're in it... I'd hate to be the person who won, most certainly they'd be on a hit list. The auction creates excitement and positive interest in the ministry. Whoever thought it up deserves a raise, I'd say."

He made a bit of a face that his flirting cleared sixty feet over Harry's head. He didn't get that from his father, that was for sure.

"Women are a little touched, especially when competition for something that they want is particularly fierce. I think I'll buy a ticket just to see this for myself. The money is going to charity. Everyone does something unpleasant now and then for charity- otherwise they wouldn't call it charity ...How rude of me. Harry, would you like something to drink? And how are the boys doing?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malfoys and Potters   Malfoys and Potters - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Malfoys and Potters
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: Out Of School :: Diagon Alley-
Jump to: