The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fool's Chance

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:50 pm

(For Harry. I figure this takes place sometime during Harry's sixth year, it'll be AU anyway, but some events I'll keep canon)

Dumbledore looked up at the young man sitting across from him. He kept his damaged hand out of sight, and a slight smile on his aged face. "Hello Harry." He said slowly, kindly. "As you know, like each grain of sand from hour glass, our time grows less and less between the ultimate confrontation with Voldemort. And as it does, the times grow dire indeed." He let out a slow sigh. "Foolishness tends to get the best of us, and the errand I have for you may also amount to nothing but foolishness as well. But the potential success of this quest to aid us in that final battle is worth a shot- even if it is only a fool's chance that we may succeed."

With his good hand he opened an old leather bound book to a page he bookmarked. "This is the Star of Salazar Slytherin." He pointed to an old diagram of a seven pointed crystal star, partially bound by wire that hung off of a chain. "It was destroyed while your father was in Hogwarts, I believe, on accident- at least I assume so. I remember finding the broken pieces of it on the grounds after an unruly group of centaurs acted a group of students in the forbidden forest. Meaning, it had to be either in the forest hidden away when the attack happened or possibly... on a student." He looked thoughtful. "Regardless, my fool's errand for you is to send you back to retrieve it- as it's powers for defense know no bounds. Unfortunately, your friends cannot follow you. If you agree to this, I can send myself a message to have you hidden in Hogwarts as an exchange student. If I did it for three people it may get suspicious." He looked over at Harry from his half moon spectacles. "I think you know the danger this sort of quest may bring. You must not get too close to your parents, to their friends, or to their foes, lest you alter the timeline. You may accidentally erase or alter your existence. So... Harry... what say you, my boy? Do you accept this quest?"
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 am

Harry kept his eyes focused on the picture, making a copy and filing it inside his head. He was going to accept this quest because it was Dumbledore. He knew he would do whatever it was Professor Dumbledore was going to ask of him long before he posed the question. His bond to the old wizard went beyond the bonds he shared with Ron and Hermione. Aside from Hagrid, Dumbledore was the closest thing to a relative he had known. His time with Sirius was stolen from him by the likes of Bellatrix and as usual, he found comfort in the wisdom of the man who has always been there for him.

Of course in the previous year, Harry felt as though Albus was slipping away from him. He kept avoiding him, restricting his office meetings to professors only rather than students and for the first half of this school term he was hardly ever at the castle. Professor McGonagall often played the role of headmaster and while he thought of her like a mom or a grandmother, there were still things he felt more comfortable discussing with Dumbledore rather than anyone else, including his friends who often could not understand him.

He nodded his head, eyes closing briefly just to make sure he had the mental image perfectly. "Professor? You always apologize for asking favors, but don't you know by now that I am loyal to you?" Harry shifted around in his chair a bit thoughts drifting back to the time turner. "My scar-well no. I suppose that won't matter since the first war won't have happened yet." Harry was pretty familiar with the way the time turner worked only he himself never used it. Hermione was with him the one time he was involved in such magic and if it had not been for her, well, he did not like to think about it. The task sounded simple enough. All he'd have to do is avoid Peeves and sneak out of the castle one night with his cloak and hunt around. He doubted the forest was any less dangerous back then as it is now, but he knew how to deal. And during the day he would keep an eye on those that sat at the Slytherin table. Easy as pie right?

Well there was the matter of his parents. It was going to be hard for him to be around them each day without trying to get to know them. He would not make any promises on this. Then there was Sirius whom he never even got his feet wet with so yeah, he would definitely get to know him a bit better as well as Remus and Peter, whom he would have to be careful not to kill on principal. Harry frowned a little. The more he thought about this, the more he was beginning to hate it. Sure he was going back in time to get something to help save the world now, but how come he just couldn't warn his parents now to prevent--but then he wouldn't exist--but maybe that would be a good thing right?

Harry was thinking hard, weighing the odds. Dumbledore would never know so why not do a little more for the greater good?
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:19 pm

"I apologize for asking these favors of you because you're a boy, Harry. And you've been through far more trials than a boy of your young years should have ever experienced... And all of them were at my asking. You're very brave Harry, and I know you'd do whatever I ask of you. However, that doesn't mean I don't feel guilty about it." He looked tiredly at him, but smiled still.

"I can imagine you could create any interesting story you wanted about your scar to our school's curious students. I suggest though, that you come up with a different name for yourself- especially your last at least." He leaned over to root around through a few things Harry may need.

"Take your father's cloak, and the marauder's map. Keep both of them secret from prying eyes, as two of those items will exist in the past now. Try... Harry, for your sanity... try not to get close to anyone." He kept his hand out of sight, handing him a smooth green stone and the time turner. "The stone is communicator- you can contact me any time you wish, and of course my past self will help you to whatever capability I can. Once you arrive, come see me at once. I will have to arrange for you to be sorted. Remember- you know nothing of Hogwarts- you're an exchange student from Durmstrang Institute named... whatever name you chose. And Harry... Please be safe."

Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Harry snapped out of his musings, nodding at his professor still planning to find a way to get close to his parents and hopefully not give himself a way. In the meantime he would pretend to be the good boy and do as he was told. "Yes, sir."

Harry pondered a new name but since nothing good was popping up in his head, he supposed he'd make up something on the spot when the time came. "When do I leave sir?" he asked. "And stop feeling guilty. I already told you the same thing I told old fish faced Barty Crouch. I'm your man through and through even if I often feel like you're keeping things from me."

Then Harry suddenly realized he will miss his classes. He would get epically behind in them--no. He wouldn't. Not if he was being transported to the same year. That just meant he wouldn't have to deal with Snape. Harry mentally did a happy dance...then he realized Snape would be a student. Revenge! He was sure his father had good reason for tormenting him anyway. He now felt good again about this trip and could not wait to leave.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:50 pm

"Whenever you desire Harry- I suggest you leave after saying goodbye to your friends and carefully packing yourself a suitcase with the appropriate items. Don't... don't take anything that could possibly give yourself away- as in new versions of textbooks, but then again, why would you be taking those?" He looked amused. He wasn't sending Hermione after.

"Be mindful of us in the present Harry. Too much change can make one of us possibly not exist." He warned again. "Not just yourself. I trust you to make the right choices while you're there, you always seem to do that when it matters most." He smiled and sat back in his seat.

"Good luck Harry. I will see you soon. Er.. in the past. Ah- time travel. What a headache at times, hm? Either way, I repeat- good luck."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:32 pm

Harry nodded then left Dumbledore's office feeling both excited and anxious. He was going to get to see first hand what his parents and their friends were like back then. He could befriend them, possibly, and find out why first hand his father fell for his mother or why Snape was so bitter in the present. So many unanswered questions would finally have answers.

But the anxious part of him was a little nervous. He was used to doing everything with Hermione and Ron, but without them he would be completely alone and on his own. Even in the past when he thought he was left to do battle by himself, Hermione or Ron-usually Hermione- was a step ahead helping him get through and survive. From the basilisk in the chamber to the Tri-Wizard Tournament, Hermione and Ron were always there, but now he had to start over. He would have to make new friends, something he was going to have a hard time doing since he could no longer claim to be "The Boy Who Lived".

Before Harry knew it he was standing before the portrait hole. His two friends were waiting for him but he pushed past them going up to the boys dormitory to pack. It was only after he was hauling his trunk down the stairs did he stop to explain what was going on. He didn't tell them all the details. Just that he was going to look for something that may help prevent an all out war. The time turner was a powerful piece of magic. To his friends, it may not seem like he's gone at all once he gets back and fixes time.

Hermione did not like this at all and proceeded to scold him. She reminded him of their third year and how he needed to remember not to screw up and say the wrong thing. She even volunteered a named for him- Harry Vernon. Harry scowled at this but knew she had a point. No Vernon would ever be allowed in Hogwarts considering the way his uncle acted so it was the best he had.

After prying a tearful Hermione off of him, he said goodbye then made his way back to the headmaster's office. Apparently Minerva knew about this too and she corned him by the gargoyle also lying down the law. She was the last of his obsticals before he was standing inside the office once more staring up at Faux and the sorting hat which would sit upon his head for an unprecedented second time. Where would he be put? No doubt the hat would only tell him the choice is his.

A shuffling about made him jump. "Professor! S-sorry I took so long. Hermione...and then professor McGonagall...well you know how they are."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:51 pm

"Of course I do, Harry. Hermione is your friend and Professor McGonagall is well... I know how they are, indeed." He nodded his head. On his desk was the time turner, ready for Harry to take. "My boy, I will say it time and time again, but truly you do a wonderful, brave thing. Don't... if you can't find the Star of Slytherin, don't feel badly. It's a slim chance in all. The date that it was destroyed was on November 15, around 8 pm. If you can't find it by then, you should come back. Don't feel like you failed, sometimes we can't stop fate. If you can't recover it, then neither side was meant to have it then."

He cast his eyes toward the time turner. "It's yours to take. Adventure awaits you Harry. Though never forget what you have waiting for you here, and you should be fine. I can't wait to see you again... in the past." He said chuckling. "It was a different time then." Dumbledore leaned over the desk, extending his good hand for him to shake. "See you soon then!" He said as if Harry was going on a weekend jaunt to to London rather than an extended stay in the past.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Harry put the necklace around his neck and turned it precisely 23 times. Everything around him seemed to speed up then seconds into it, he felt a sensation as if he was being sucked backwards. His head started to spin but it wasn't as bad as the sensation one got from portkey or floo travel. He closed his eyes and when his body felt like it was no longer in the midst of a vaccume, his eyes opened and he was standing inside the headmaster's office as if he never left. Even years ago Dumbledore's office was full of interesting clutter. There were voices which made Harry spin around, quiet so as not to draw attention quickly. What in the hell had he walked in on?
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Lucius had one hand on James' shoulder, ushering the second year down the hallway. In his other hand was the remnants of a book ripped to shreds. The prefect badge on his robes gleamed in the low lights of the torches. The sixth year Slytherin looked absolutely livid. "I don't understand why you insist on picking on Severus Snape Mr. Potter, but I'm sick of it." He said sharply as they rounded the corner.

"I'm sick of whatever it is that's taken up residence in your arse, Malfoy. Maybe you should pull the stick out. Maybe you wouldn't walk so rigidly!"

"March faster!" He roared approaching Dumbledore's office. When they passed by a large suit of armor, Sirius was waiting behind it, hidden from view beneath the invisibility cloak. He gave the suit a hard shove and the metal came down in a hard clamor right on top of the older boy. James quickly took off with Sirius, leaving Lucius out cold in a heap on the floor beneath the assorted pieces of armor.

-

"Of all the mysteries, Mr. Malfoy- what have you gotten yourself into this time? Unconscious under a suit of armor- I'm certain you'll have quite the story when you wake up." Dumbledore mused as he made his way into his office, the unconscious form of Lucius floating behind him. He startled a bit when he saw Harry there waiting for him. He remembered getting a letter from himself earlier. So this must be the famous Harry. He smiled, though with less wrinkles and age. "Ahhh, Harry. Pleasure to meet you. I've... heard a lot about you. I didn't intend on having a guest other than yourself of course..." He said carefully levitating Lucius down into a chair. He gently pushed aside the mused tresses of long platinum hair, observing the bump on Lucius' head.

"I found him beneath a suit of armor, unconscious. Curious indeed... I trust your trip from 'Durmstrang' went without a hiccup?" He pulled out a small blue potion bottle, reading the label. Deciding it wasn't the right one he continued to look through them. "Please forgive me, I am listening. I'm just looking for a quick healing potion for our friend here."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:33 am

The voices he couldn't make out but he assumed that they were that of Dumbledore and--

Harry watched the headmaster in awe who was seemingly younger looking, but still the same. He doubted anyone else would get it unless they were here. "I- yes professor. My trip went..." He paused, eyes widening. "Is that Malfoy as in...Lucius Malfoy?" he asked disbelievingly, scowling at the sight of the figure. If there was one named he loathed more than Riddle or Voldemort it was Malfoy. He looked away from the figure not really concerned about his well being at all. Far as he was concerned, he was already poised to be a death eater and he had every intention of avoiding him or making his life miserable-whichever came first.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:47 am

"Well, I should hope so. That's what I have been calling him all these years." Dumbledore gave him an amused look. "Though if I were wrong he probably would have corrected me long ago." He noted the scowl on Harry's face. "Now Harry- not everything is what it seems. We shall see what happened to Mr. Malfoy here." He carefully picked up a red one and nodded.

"This shall do!" He opened the top and stuck the bottle under Lucius's nose.

Lucius bolted up right in shock, awake and mad as can be. He looks flustered and confused, gripping the arm rests. "Puh.. professor?" He touched the side of his head. "What..?"

"I found you in the hallway, beneath a pile of armor. Does that help any?"

The blonde closed his eyes and slowly nodded as the memories flooded back to him. "Yes... Yes! I was taking Potter down to meet with you when that dirty old suit fell on me!" He spat. "He was harassing Severus again, tore up his book!" He took out the ruined book from his robe pockets and threw it on the desk. "This is the second time in a week, and I will not stand for anyone in my house to be bullied as such! I demand SOMETHING be done about this. Potter and his band of miscreants get away with everything!" He said in a huff as his fingers flew to refix his hair back into a ponytail tied with his usual ribbon. It was then that he noticed Harry. "...Hello." He said cooly.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am

Harry raised his brows, the words "scum" and "death eater" on the tip of his tongue but he managed to keep a straight face, though horribly strained, and nodded politely. He then turned his attention back to Dumbledore choosing not to mull too much over Lucius' explanation for fear of screaming that Snape's a horrible git and that Potters rule the world. "Professor? Is there any chance I could get settled in soon? I'm thinking time tra--er...the trip made me hungry."

He would have to be more mindful of what he says from now on. Already he could sense this was going to be a lot harder than he thought.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:08 pm

"Of course you may. Lucius, this is Harry. He's an exchange student from Durmstrang who will be staying with us for the majority of the semester."

Lucius's eyebrows shot up at the mention of Durmstrang. He wanted to go there, but his father didn't want him to head off so far for school. He cast a jealous look to Harry as Dumbledore carried on.

"Until we get your sorted into a house tonight at dinner, Mr Malfoy will show you to a temporary residence. If you could give us a moment to have a few words?"

Lucius made a face but nodded. "As you wish professor." He murmured and made his way out of the office. Once he was out of earshot Dumbledore looked apologetic toward Harry.

"Keep in mind something, my boy. I'm certain my older self warned you to not meddle in the affairs of your parents or their associates. I'm not sure what happens in the future, but you have the chance to really change somethings for the better. Everyone here is just a child, stupid choices rue the day. However- what you do differently do me a favor. Don't tell me about it, hmm? We'll sort you tonight at dinner- same time as always."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Harry wasn't sure how to take Dumbledore's advice. The future headmaster was warning him of the dire consequences of meddling while the present headmaster seemed keen on him possibly doing a bit of meddling in hopes of changing things for the better. But Harry wasn't sure if he could do much meddling and help the future for fear of erasing his best friends among other things. It was too risky. Instead he figured he'd just stick to the task at hand unless opportunity presented itself. He would not go in search of change no matter how tempting it might be. "Yes professor."

He almost asked why he had to be sorted again since he already knew where he'd be put but instead he refrained. He grabbed his trunk wheeling it out of the office and met up with Lucius, not thrilled at all to be ushered around by someone who, in the future, wanted nothing more than to deliver his lithe body to the Dark Lord. I could kill him now and be done with it. Ginny would never get taken to the Chamber of Secrets, Hagrid would never know what it's like to be in Azkaban, Snape would probably be a nicer human being, Malfoy would not exist, my life would be easier...

The more he pondered these things, the more tempting hexing this rich jackarse became. He even went so far as to put his hand over his wand. Thankfully, as Snape so wittingly put it, he was too much of a no talent wizard to do magic without uttering the words a loud. He brushed the thoughts deciding that the best thing to do right now was get settled in. Tomorrow he would begin his search because already he was feeling the effects of not having his friends around to lean on for support. "Professor wants you to show me to a temporary residence until I am properly sorted...er...whatever that means." Yeah play dumb Harry...
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:47 pm

"Of course then, Harry. Right this way if you please." He said with a curt nod and started down the hall. He placed a hand on his head, his head aching impossibly hard from the suit of armor collapsing on him. He walked a head of Harry, none the wiser about the other teens thoughts as his robes sashayed behind him.

A young girl dressed in Gryffindor robes came running up behind them, her long red hair bobbing along behind her. "Malfoy! Wait up, please! I need to talk to you about Severus!" She knocked into Harry accidentally. "Sorry!" She touched his arm apologetically.

Lucius turned around looking to the young girl with a slight frown. For a moment he looked like he was going to lash out at her, but instead he pressed a hand to the lump on his head, wincing painfully. "Evans- what is it?"

"Severus and I were reading the same book, we were going to discuss it later--" She paused to catch her breath. "But he liked it more than me. I know Potter wrecked his copy, can you give him mine? He'll want to finish it."

He nodded and reached out to take it. "Of course. I'm sure that will make him feel better. Thank you Evans. Ah... how rude of me. Harry, this is Lily Evans. Fellow member of the Slughorn's Slug Club, youngest I believe. Evans, this is Harry... er... Harry... Ah. I'm sorry. I don't know your last name."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:01 pm

When Lily's eyes rounded on his he was taken back for a moment. Green eyes. Piercing green eyes stared back at him and though she was a lot younger, he still felt like he was looking into the Mirror of Erised. It took him a moment to remember what his name was. He wasn't expecting to see his mother so soon and did not expect to be effected like this. There was also this urgency, this pull, to grab his mother and wrap his arms around her. She couldn't possibly think he was too much of a creep considering he did look a lot like James only with longer hair. He decided before he left the future that the longer hair from his fourth year would help keep the scar hidden more often than not. Smart wizards would know a scar like his came from dark magic and the less questions he had to answer about the scar, the better.

"Er..nice to meet you. I'm Harry Po--Vernon. Harry Vernon, foreign exchange student." He quickly looked away busying himself with Hedwig, whom he didn't have the heart to leave behind. It made him feel kind of weird knowing his mother was asking about the well being of Snape, but he decided the less he knew, the better.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:21 pm

"From Durmstrang." Lucius added in, the hint of jealousy still carrying in his voice.

"Oh! Well, welcome to Hogwarts Harry Vernon! I hope you enjoy your time here! ...Word of advice, stay away from James Potter, he's a toe-rag." She made a face and then turned her attention back to Lucius. "You will make sure he's alright though?"

"Are you his mother hen?" He asked looking amused as the girl's face turned pink.

"No! He just... he doesn't have many friends." She sputtered.

"I'm aware. Few people have such good taste in friends, Evans. You should get back to the Gryffindor dorms, however. Students aren't allowed in the halls at this time of the day." He said with a curt nod.

"Right, right. On my way. Nice to meet you Harry. Hope to see you around soon! See you at the club meeting tonight, Malfoy!"

He nodded again to Lily and she took off down the hallway. "Evans is a decent Gryffindor. She has sound advice. Come along Harry, I'm sure you wish to get settled before dinner. You should join me at the Slug Club tonight and meet Hogwarts finest students. ...If you feel up to it." He said noting the expression on his face.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Harry did not pick up on Lucius' jealousy at all, probably due to the fact the he was used to Ron openly being jealous of him for many reasons that were revealed to him in their fourth year. "She seems like it," Harry agreed.

At the mention of Horace Slughorn though Harry had to fight to keep from looking anything but pleased to join him. Horace Slughorn was one of his least favorite people if only because he insisted, presently, of showing him off like some kind of trophy. The Boy Who Lived. He would have to come up with something interesting about himself because aside from the boy who was burdened with the task of destroying Voldemort, there was nothing remotely interesting about him.

"Er...well I suppose I could. I'm not much for parties. I don't like being the center of attention or hanging out with celebrities. I prefer the solitary life. I'm a boring person."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:10 pm

"Celebrities? We're hardly celebrities. ...Boring? Really? Pity. But so often do people speak less of themselves than what is actually true..." Lucius looked amused as he started back down the hall. "Don't say that or some of them might get a big head. ...Bigger I should say. Especially Goyle. Oh heavens, don't say it Goyle. Some one needs to let the air out of that head of his. He does one complicated charm his forth year and EVERYONE has to know about it." He rolled his eyes dramatically as the hallway opened up to the temporary living residence. "You can stay here and freshen up after your long trip from up north. Dinner is at seven in the Great Hall." He gave Harry directions as to where to go.

"Well Harry- if you wish to attend- I'll be at the Slytherin table at dinner. Come find me, that is- unless you are sorted to our house. I hope this rest does you some good." He nods politely and turns to leave.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:35 pm

Harry thanked Lucius even though he was practically gagging at the fact that he was being polite. That air of arrogance still annoyed him and it only reminded him of their brief run during the Quidditch World Cup before Lucius decided to march around with his Death Eater friends.

He hauled his trunk to a corner of the room popping it open. As soon as he saw the dark robes with the Gryffindor emblem as well as his matching scarf, it occurred to him that a lot of his clothes were that of Gryffindor. Not obvious at all which house he preferred. After digging around his trunk for a while, he finally found something that didn't look Gryfindorish. He found an old sweater hand knitted by Mrs. Weasley. It wasn't exactly stylish, but he wasn't here to impress. He had a job to do and the less attention he drew to himself, the better.

He wouldn't need the Marauder's Map right now but he left it hidden underneath his invisibility cloak. He also still had that sneak-a-scope given to him for his birthday one year by Ron. That would surely set off a rukus should someone attempt to go through his things. He also had a framed photo of his parents and his best friends tucked away. He had no idea how long he would be gone so he thought to bring pictures. That way he would be motivated to get the job done so he could return safely back to his friends.

Harry ran a comb through his hair. His hair was always untidy at this length but it looked alright. Once he was satisfied with the way he looked, it was time for dinner. He hurried down to the Great Hall, somehow managing to dodge Peeves, and entered the Great Hall to an array of stares. It felt like he was taking that long walk after being announced as a Tri-Wizard Challenger. He just hoped the sorting hat wouldn't make a scene.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:52 pm

James, Lupin, Sirius, and Peter were seated at the end of the table. They cast appraising glances to the new boy walking towards the seat in the middle. They whispered amongst themselves trying to figure out where he could possibly be sorted in to.

Lily smiled to Harry as he walked by, waving at him. The girls she was seated with whispered questions about the new boy's identity to her.

Lucius was talking quietly with Severus, who seemed to only be half paying attention as he ran his hand over the cover of the book Lily had given him.

Dumbledore stood up, making a sweeping gesture to the crowd of students who were now all staring at the new boy who had entered the semester a little late to be a first year. "Welcome everyone, to a very special dinner. We are in the presence of a very special guest! Please extend a warm welcome to Mr. Harry Vernon, an exchange student from Durmstrang who will be staying with us for the majority of the semester." He waited for the applause to die down from the four houses. "Please, Mr. Vernon- if you would have a seat- Professor McGonagall will present you with the sorting hat."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:50 am

Harry kept his face focused on a spot at the staff table. He only deviated to smile back at Lily and glimpse his father, whom at the sight, made his stomach wrench. There it was again. That pull, or need to wrap his arms around the man he never got to know and just let everything out. He'd tell him not to trust Peter. That someday that stupid son-of-a-horse's arse would tell the Death Eaters where they were hiding and that they would die but only he would live. He would be left with the burden of killing an evil bastard while the newspapers call him a liar for year making him the most hated boy in school.

He quickly looked away pushing his feelings back down as he nodded politely to professor McGonagall, his other mum next to Mrs. Weasley who always treated him like part of the family he never had. He sat on the stool waiting patiently for the hat to sort him and seal his fate for the semester.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:03 am

"Hmmmm. Curious. A pull. A very good Gryffindor you'd make, but a sleeping Slytherin awaits. Two houses, one boy, one guest, one hat... one choice. " The hat sang out as it seemingly had a difficult time sorting Harry. The four sets of tables looked back and forth between each other as whispers went through them. The hat was taking it's time in deliberation, something that rarely happened. "See you in silver and green- better be Slytherin!"

Dumbledore adjusted his half moon glasses to disguise his shock. He was certain Harry would be in Gryffindor- but being separated from his parents might be a better idea.

The Slytherin table erupted into cheers as the other tables settled down into starting to eat.

"Well, he is from Durmstrang." Lucius shrugged as he looked to the others at his table. "Clearly he would wind up here." He glanced down at his watch and bit his lip. Soon he'd have to leave, though he really didn't want to. There was only a few moments of day light left in order to complete his task, coupled with the Slug Club meeting tonight.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:39 am

"SLYTHERIN!" Harry stood up, face red and his body filled with rage. How dare that sorting hat! How dare--but then he remembered he was not supposed to react. As he looked around the Great Hall, people were staring at him curiously. To save face, he politely thanked the sorting hat mentioning that some of his fellow Durmstrang students spoke highly of the Slytherin House. He smiled rather awkwardly to professor McGonagall but could not help but shoot Albus the most displeased scowl he could muster before taking the long walk past the tables to where he sat at the end of the Slytherin table looking rather put off.

Dumbledore never said the stupid sorting hat would put him in Slytherin--Slytherin of all houses! Hufflepuff he could live with. Ravenclaw-sure, but Slytherin? He was not happy which only motivated him to get this mission over with. How dare the sorting hat put him in the house of his enemies and boy would he ever be surrounded by the lot. Several death eaters were sitting at that table from a young Severus Snape, to Lucius, Goyle, and Avery. It would be so easy to do them in. He had so much hatred for all of them that he could avada kedavra all of them with very little remorse, but he couldn't. It would blow his cover.

He picked up his fork ignoring the curious glances being tossed his way. He had lost his appetite so rather than eat he chose to push peas around his plate waiting for the opportune time to head to the dormitories and get to bed.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:55 am

The table passed off Harry's reaction as one of shocked surprise- returning to chattering amongst themselves about this and that. Lucius too wasn't really eating. He took a sip of water, casting nervous glances around at his table, and then to the door. Soon enough, two seventh year Slytherins came right on over to him.

"Mundungus." He nodded, his throat going dry. "Time already?"

"Yep. Best get going before we have no more light."

Lucius chewed on his bottom lip. "Very well." He slowly got up to his feet, casting a look to Harry. "Severus will show you the way to the dungeons, Harry. See you in the evening." He said rather curtly and began to drag his feet in order to leave.

Lily frowned a little, seeing how upset Harry seemed to be.

"Poor git! I'd be upset for him too!" James laughed. "Stuck with the Slytherins! Yikes! Maybe we should send him a stinkweed bouquet."

Sirius shook his head. "Nah, stink bomb. Best get him used to the smell!" He laughed along with Peter and James. Lupin just rolled his eyes, not saying anything.

"Slytherins don't smell." Lily said hotly. "You're all toe-rags!" She pushed herself away from the table, slipping over to the Slytherin table. She gently tapped Harry's shoulder. "Harry- are you okay? You seem upset." She frowned a little.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fool's Chance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  Empty

Back to top Go down

Fool's Chance
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: Out Of School :: Anywhere Else-
Jump to: