The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fool's Chance

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

Fool's Chance  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Harry thought about it for a moment and it hit him again that he spoke of something from Hogwarts as if he really knew. "Oh- oh yeah. Heard old Binns was an ancient ghost who's been around for centuries."

Harry finished up his pumpkin juice then got up. "I better get going. I still need to run upstairs to grab quills parchment. See you later. Just remind me after Potions otherwise I'll forget. I hate potions. Least favorite class."

He said goodbye to Lucius then hurried off to the common room to get his things. He planned to meet Lucius as asked of him, but at the same time he really needed to start looking for that star. He didn't want to stick around this place for too long becaus each passing second felt like ions. He was missing Mrs. Weasley's baked goods she sent once a week by post or the annoying bickering of his two best friends. He was even missing a certain greasy haired professor who never missed an opportunity to insult him. Everything was just so weird in this time and he was feeling the lag.

Harry of course, was somewhat grateful for Professor Binns. Even half a century before his time Binns was te same, borning ghost. He was asleep within ten minutes and some nice Ravenclaw girl was nice enough to wake him when it was time to go. He had nothing and hoped that the tests taken here in this time wouldn't effect him in the present.

They were released by 9:30 which meant Harry had plenty of time for a nap before his next class. The Ravenclaw girl offered to share her notes but he kindly declined being as he never paid attention to Binns anyway- no one did. He slipped up the stairs to the common room napping until his alarm went off ten minutes til. With messy hair and askew glasses he dashed off to class just getting to the dungeons in the nick of time, his old Potions book tucked away in his bag.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Lucius waved goodbye, watching Harry go. It was strange, with Harry he never felt as lonely. He rubbed at the front of his chest, feeling a little funny. The necklace passed down to him from his mother was beginning to bother him- it felt oddly hot. He ignored it and bid his fellow Slytherins a good day before heading off to class.

It went well, all up until the spitting snapdragons went rogue. Everyone got a face full of purple ink- including Lucius who was soundly pissed at it. He scowled and ran back to the prefect bathroom to clean up. He was scrubbing his face clean of the ink- making sure there was none left before he met Harry for potions. The second he thought of Harry his face turned pink. He passed it off as the vigorous rubbing on his skin rather than a blush. But then the necklace around his neck began to burn again. "Merlin!' He muttered and pulled it out. Dangling from his fingers was the seven pointed star of Slytherin. He held it up to examine it. Normally the ancient crystals were heavily clouded over- but now they were mysteriously clearer- enough to let a big of light through. He blinked in surprise and touched the crystals- they felt hot to the touch. Making a face he wrapped a cloth around it and tucked it back inside of his uniform shirt, buttoning it back up.

Without giving it much more thought Lucius went toward the dungeons, his mind drifting back to his favorite class- potions. He excelled at them, and was quite proud of it. Today they were starting a new project- hopefully he would get Harry as a partner. He grinned at the thought, wanting some way to pay him back for the lessons he gave him. He looked around and spotted Harry. "Harry! Hey! There you are! Ready for class?" He asked and let his bag slip down to the floor so he could tie his long platinum hair back into a decent ponytail with a black ribbon.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Harry's hair was messy but he eventually managed to get his glasses fixed after almost walking into another statue. He was semi-awake, still craving the softness of his warm bed, but he had to go to class. "Oh, oh hey Lucius." Harry was almost trampled by a heard of first years trying to make it to class. "I, well not really. Hate potions. Never had a professor for this subject that made the subject exactly enjoyable. My potion's master spends most of the time making us brew complicated antidotes threatening to poison one of us just to see if it'll work. Between me and my good friend Neville Longhorn, we're always the test subjects."

Harry yawned again standing idly to wait for Lucius. He wasn't sure which group house he had Potions with and if it was Ravenclaw, he met a few girls that morning that he was hardly interested in sharing a table with. One of girls reminded him of Ron's psycho girlfriend from late last year and this year. He did not want.

When Lucius was done tying his hair back Harry led them inside the dungeon. Unfortunately all the back tables were taken leaving one empty table up front, which he hated considering Slughorn was potions master. He just hoped he would spend most of his time daunting on Lucius rather than him.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Lucius made a face. "Really. Who would use you as a test subject? How crass. Potions... isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea. It's not showy or flashy magic in the least bit. But that doesn't make it any less worthy of knowing. It requires a careful hand and loads of patience." He said as he swayed over to the table at the front of the room.

"We're starting a new one today, which shouldn't be an issue. Thankfully I have the patience and the skilled hand to be good at this." He smirked at Harry, happy to be able to show off his skill- which of course, probably came off as arrogance, but that was alright. To Lucius at this age, arrogance was fine so long as it was backed up with actual skill.

He removed his set of tools, polished and ornate- ready for Slughorn to start class. "Hopefully, you won't find potions too horrible here. Slughorn won't poison you."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:45 am

Harry didn't even catch half of Lucius' ego over his potion's skills. He was too busy dreading an hour with Slughorn again; someone who was equally as annoying as Gilderoy Lockhart. He took his place next to Lucius pulling out a cauldron and all the tools he would need to cut herbs.

"Good afternoon class!" Slughorn came hurrying through the dungeon door excitedly. "Welcome to Potions! I cannot wait to get started and--oh my! Well look here!" His eyes got wide when they finally rounded on Harry's table! "Well if it isn't part of my Slug Club sitting front row- and together no less! Good afternoon Vernon and Malfoy! I say you boys make the most fascinating couple here at Hogwarts!"

Harry could have just punched him. Not hexed, but punched, because he was tired of the assumptions. How did Slughorn even know he was gay? Harry wasn't even sure he was gay. He dated women. Cho, Ginny, Parvti- all women. He didn't mind men so much. He always fancied Cedric a bit, especially during the tournament. They had a few late night dips in the prefect's tub a few times that he thought were rather pleasant, but that hardly meant anything since they never exactly explored each other.

"Well I would love to inquire more about how two of my favorites met but I suspect they'll want to save the story for our next meeting, right boys?" he winked.

Harry was thinking that Slughorn was lucky he wasn't as smart and concentrated as Snape otherwise rictesempra was in his mind.

"Alright boys and girls! Today we are brewing the all powerful aphrodisiac!"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:35 am

How did Slughorn even know he liked Harry? Was he being that obvious? Thankfully they were in a class with Ravenclaw, and not Hufflepuff- they were a bunch of loose-lipped gossip lovers. Lucius cleared his throat and fought to look anywhere else but Harry's face. What if Harry didn't feel the same way? Was Harry into guys? ...If he was, he would have flirted with Lucius by now, he was by far (in his own mind) the most attractive boy on campus.

Maybe Harry was into the type that enjoyed a good personality. But who would pass up an ugly git who was funny for a boy like Lucius? He made a face, and brushed his musings from his mind- forcing himself to pay attention. "A... A what? Powerful aphrodisiac..." He clicked his tongue in thought.

The best aphrodisiacs simmered slowly, lasting long instead of burning out fast. He was certain his other classmates would go right for the typical ingredients one associates with an aphrodisiac, making something that was powerful but only lasted a few seconds. He began to write out his thoughts on a scrap bit of parchment.

[i]Aphrodisiac must burn out slowly, not fast. Less is more, do not over load the potion with the stereotypical ingredients... Need to build a good base out of goat horn, gillyweed, and witch hazel first, then add the standard ingredients./i]

He put down his quill and looked to Harry for the first time since Slughorn spoke. He reached out and lightly touched his arm to get his attention. "Harry- I've got a plan for it, if you're interested." He whispered not wanting to get into trouble for speaking before Slughorn was done. He slid the parchment scrap over to Harry for him to read.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Harry looked down at the piece of parchment. Seemed like Lucius knew what he was doing so rather than question his judgement, he nodded while they waited for Slughorn to finish talking. The igrediants for the recipe appeared on the board and according to Slughorn it would take the entire class period to brew properly so they had to get things in the cauldron in a timely manned.

Harry pulled out his old copy of the potion's book he had to get out of the storage before he left. It had writing all over it and he remembered Hermione getting mad because the book's last owner, the Half-Blood Prince, was no doubt gifted in potions as he led Harry to brew a perfect potion over Hermione. He looked at the page in which they were supposed to turn to and the Prince's directions weren't that far off from Lucius' himself.

With a shrug he began cutting herbs and breaking off the legs of frozen marsupials. It was nasty business but he would get through it. Already people were adding stuff to their potions and it was giving the room a rather weird sweet figgy smell that he was unsure about. It was making him drowsy and he was beginning to wonder if Slughorn knew the difference between a sleeping drout and a aphrodisiac. He cut his eyes at Lucius who was deep in thought as he worked on his herbs. He looked like he was enjoying himself then it hit him that maybe potion's was just a Slytherin thing.

"Twenty more minutes to go!" Slughorn announced. "The winning potion gets a free day to Hogsmead!"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:20 pm

"Twenty minutes..." Lucius said slowly as he eloquently flayed the herbs from their stems, sliding them into their potion. "We will be done in half that Harry. We'll have to be- it needs to simmer properly. Do you smell that scent? That's what we don't want. For a love potion, sure- you want the sweet smell. But an aphrodisiac? It has to smell heavy and enticing." He looked over the list of items in their potion, and according to the instructions, they were right on task. Their potion was the only one holding the deep purple color it was supposed to have at that stage, simmering and burning slowly rather than fizzling out like the majority of the class.

He reached into the back of his head, plucking out one light blonde hair. "The last ingredient- one human hair. It's the trick, you know. Potions dealing with love have to be very specific, we don't want to brew something that won't affect a human. I heard last year Ronald Elwish- a Ravenclaw boy- wasn't paying attention when he brewed one, and a spider crawled in. ...We're still trying to deal with the spider population boom." He dropped the hair in, and slowly it sank inside the cauldron. "Harry, for good measure- throw one of yours in too. Then it should turn from deep purple to deep red in color. ...Just... don't get too close to it. It could effect you."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Harry listened quietly as Lucius explained what was going on. He tried to really focus on everything Lucius was saying but it was exceedingly hard. The true nature of potions was starting to fill the room with an odd combination of foul, sour smells and sweet candy like ones. They were giving Harry a headache and he was reminded all over again why he disliked potions.

He just did zone back in long enough to hear Lucius' spider explanation. He supposed that could be partly why so many spiders lurked in the Forbidden Forest. He reached up and plucked a hair out of his head and very carefully dropped it into the cauldron. There was a loud explosion and a puff of smoke blew in his face. "Oh man," he waved his hand coughing. "Wha--was it supposed to do that?"

He felt sick and dizzy but when the smoke cleared he noticed that it had reduced to a fine simmer, the potion turning red in color just as Lucius predicted. Harry decided to stay far away from the cauldron. He felt alright, aside from the massive heart attack he almost had thanks to the explosion and he was dizzy, bit otherwise he felt fine.

Since they had to wait on Slughorn to call time, Harry found his eyes scanning the room taking in some of the students. His eyes rounded on the Ravenclaw girl who offered to let him borrow her notes. She flashed him a sultry smile and he immediately went red faced, unsure how to react. She was nice looking, but he couldn't get involved and to be honest he still had some conflicts over which sex he preferred really. Between Ginny and Cedric, Hermione and Snape - yes Snape because the greasy git really did have a nice voice, he often found himself wondering things about guys.

Harry's eyes felt heavy so he turned his attention back to his potion. It seemed to blend together with Lucius who was slightly bent over it making last stirs or whatnot. He had a Snape thing about him the was he delicately stirred the cauldron. It was oddly pleasing to see.

"Alright Slytherins! Ravenclaws! Times up. I must collect. Pour your potions into one bottle labeled with your house and last names."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Lucius's eyes went wide. "Oh Harry! Are you alright?" He felt instantly guilty, adding the second hair was his idea, figuring it would strengthen the effect of their concoction. When the smoke cleared, Harry seemed okay. He glanced down in their cauldron noting how rich and red it was. Judging by the wide array of smells in the room, theirs looked like a strong contender.

"I'll gather a bottle for the potion and... write... our names... on it." He staggered out, catching the look the Ravenclaw girl gave Harry. He scowled at her, collecting their potion and writing their names on it. People giving Harry the eye was simply not acceptable. "I suppose we should safely dispose of this, if it's as powerful as I think it is, it shouldn't be left out in the open." He set their bottle on the table, getting up to grab the sides of the caldron.

Thomas Finnigan was unfortunately getting up at the same time- he moved backward and bumped Lucius just enough to catch the blonde off balance. "Oh snap! Lucius, I'm sorr-"

Lucius's hand slid along the rim and his arm slipped inside of the cauldron. He pulled it out fast, his whole sleeve covered in the shimmering red potion.

Thomas's eyes went wide. "Oh MAN! I'm REALLY SORRY! Professor! Professor, there's been an um.. accident!"

The potion smelt heady and lustful, making his head swim. He didn't feel himself anymore, it was as if all the feelings he had for Harry were magnified. "Oh no..." He said richly as he turned his half lidded grey eyes on Harry. "Finnigan... you're a fool..." He purred out, leaning over the caldron- his eyes never leaving Harry's. "Harry, I'm really sorry.." He said nibbling on the end of his finger. "I'm afraid our potion was a total success. I didn't even ingest any and... it's ungodly hot in here." He slid his hair out of the tie, letting it fall over one shoulder as he leaned over the caldron- the red light reflecting off of his skin. "Some one stop me, god please..." He moaned out, licking his lips slowly.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 5:33 pm

Harry's eyes went wide with shock when the guy he called 'Thomas" bumped into him causing Lucius to get potion all over him. He thought to hurry over and help but Slughorn was already rushing over scolding Thomas for not paying attention.

"My word dear boy! You must always be careful when in the dungeons! The stuff we are brewing this term is dangerous-all of--oh dear let's get this cleaned up!" Slughorn ushered Thomas out of the way and went about cleaning up the bits that spilled, still scolding Thomas. He didn't even hear Lucius' pleas for help-very few people did-as they were either heavily intoxicated by their own concoctions or staring wide eyed as Lucius damn near stripped for the class.

"L--Lucius!" Harry watched wide eyed much like the rest of the class as Lucius sweated and complained of the temperature. First went his hair, which had been tied behind him in a loose pony tail. That went free, his hair falling like waves blanketing his face, which Harry deduced looked far better than his own sons.

He blinked when Lucius licked his lips and it finally occurred to him that Lucius was looking at him like he wanted to have him for dinner. "Oh...oh my...pro--professor..." Harry began but his own mouth went dry. He wasn't sure why but the urge to kick down the table between them seemed to be increasing with each passing second. His eyes fell to the deep red liquid coating Lucius arm and then he realized that--at some point--Lucius had made himself past the table and was now making quick work of his fingers.

Or maybe he had been doing that all alone because he himself felt, very, very- as Dudley put it- high and wasn't sure what was real anymore. So many smells in a room that was spinning, foggy and felt like sex that he was certain he couldn't possibly be the only one feeling this way. "Uh...I..Lucius?" Lucius was no longer just nibbling on his fingers but anything he could get his mouth on. Before Harry knew it Lucius was pressed against him, muttering apology after apology while professor Slughorn was doing his damndest to find some kind of antidote in a cabinet that hardly looked a neat as professor Snape's.

"Uh...it's uh..." Harry looked around the room, but remarkably most folks were no longer paying them much attention. Instead a few people were passed out due to all the smells while others seemed interested in each other, no doubt feeling the effects of their own potions that were successful.

Harry jumped when he felt an arm slide behind him and it occurred to him that well...he was in no hurry to actually stop the assault. It felt kind of good. He looked around the room once more before his own hand decided to take advantage of the situation by copping a feel of Lucius' ass. His arm brushed against the red potion and his insides instantly heated up. The face nuzzling his neck transformed into his own tilting Lucius head to the side as licked at the tender flesh their squeezing and groping his ass in the process.

"Oh my word--Lu--Lucius! I--I have the antidote." Slughorn peeled them apart and shoved a piece of dark chocolate down both of their throats tutting and still shaking his head over the incident as he worked about the room to cure everybody of various effects from their potions. "Maybe that was too advanced of a brew."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:59 pm

Oh Slughorn, if he hadn't intervened, Lucius would have mauled Harry- driven by the lust from his potion and the genuine attraction he felt for the other teen. The hand on his ass and the mouth on his neck were an encouraging sign that maybe his attraction was mutual. Before he went down the path of no return, Lucius was force fed the antidote. He swallowed hard, suddenly noticing how close he was to Harry.

"Uhm... Hello." He turned a dark red, looking every where but Harry's face. He glanced back at the hand on his ass, busying his hands by grabbing Harry's robe collar and playing with it idly. "I um... sorry. Sorry, Harry. I didn't mean... the potion... er... Sorry. I suppose it was a two way street considering we both... oh Merlin." He was absolutely mortified, wondering if Harry was going to be pissed at him.

"I hope you're not mad." He continued awkwardly, but yet hadn't stepped away or backed up, because he rather liked being in this embrace with Harry's hand on him. "You're the only friend I've had in my own age group. I... well, I don't want to screw that up by pouncing on you. I really do like you, a good deal. In a good many different ways. Ah... I'm just going to shut up, before I continue making an ass of myself." He cleared his throat.

"Our potion worked though, that's encouraging."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Harry quickly released Lucius in a moment that was very reminiscent to the first time Ron and Hermione held hands, or the first time he found himself alone naked in a hot tub with Diggory. "Er...right. It works." Harry stepped back allowing Lucius room to gather himself and he did the same, not meeting the boy's eyes as he started packing up his things. Slughorn dismissed the class but he was still very distracted passing out chocolates and attempting to revive students who had passed out due to heavy intoxication. All the while Harry couldn't help but laugh a little on the inside. Neville Longbottom was the absolute worse in potions and yet aside from a few broken cauldrons, never had he screwed up a potion to the point where half the class passed out from the smell.

Then again, it could be that Severus had so little faith in his students that he himself knew better than to attempt any kind of powerful aphrodisiacs with a group like this. Snape was just that arrogant. Harry looked over at Lucius. His cheeks were still flushed a light pink as he stuffily shoved things back into his bag seemingly still flustered. Harry thought he ought to apologize. After all it was his hands that decided to wander due to increasingly heated thoughts about Cedric, Snape and in a moment's time, Lucius, who was his mortal enemy elsewhere somewhere in time.

Harry waited until they were leaving before he pulled Lucius to the side. "Hey...listen. About while ago." He looked around making sure no one was listening in so as to not embarrass them both even more. "I'm sorry. The potion..and then..I don't even know really. Kind of got to thinking about someone I might have had feelings for- well two people really- and you were so close and..yeah. So...I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:07 pm

When Harry pulled him over, Lucius's heart was pounding. What could he possibly want?

"O-oh. ...Two people?" Lucius frowned and nodded in understanding. "From Durmstrang I suppose." He looked crestfallen, tucking back a strand of wayward blonde hair back behind his ear, adverting his eyes else where. "It's alright, Harry. I'm not upset with you. How could I be? I still want to show you something. I think you'll like it. It's about quidditch. Meet me in the common room tonight around seven. I-i-if you'll excuse me, I'm feeling woozy from the aphrodisiac and I think a nap is in order to sleep the rest of it off. I don't think I'll be joining you for dinner either, unless I feel better. See you later." He waved to him and went back to the Slytherin dungeons looking just as crestfallen.

"Hey Malfoy! Malfoy wait!" Lily called after him, but only got a slight wave as the older boy continued off to the dungeons. She made a face, wondering what was going on him- but judging by his paler than normal face, figured he ingested something in potions that did't agree with him. She waited up against the wall for Severus to get out of transfiguration, having gotten out of History of Magic early.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Harry watched him go still feeling really bad about what happened and apparently Lucius felt just as bad. The way he dashed off at lightening speed opting to skip dinner as well left him kind of guilt stricken, especially since he technically hated all things Malfoy.

With a sigh Harry headed for the library. He figured no one would think to look for him there and if one did, they'd hardly think much of a boy reading old books recommended to him by Hermione or doing homework. As for dinner he supposed he'd eat alone. He would have loved to join Sirius and the lot but he was pretty sure it would bad for him to eat red and gold when his colors, for now, were green and silver. He smiled a little at the Ravenclaw girl before slipping into the library wishing once more that he could go home.

---

Snape left transfiguration with a smug smile on his face. One of the older students tried to hex him into a pocket watch only to have it backfire and turn him instead. He himself successfully turned a goblet into a rat and received high marks for the day. "Hello Lily. Why the frown?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:17 am

"Blimey this is right stupid." Sirius muttered as he walked with James through the stacks of books in the library. "I hate divination! I always get the grim."

"Well, you are-"

Sirius shot him look and then James grinned. "Come on, it won't be that bad you know. We'll nail this project together in no time flat. It's us!" James said optimistically. They rounded a corner spotting Harry. "Ohhhh it's Vernon from Slytherin. Ya know, Malfoy's boyfriend."

"Shut up James!" Sirius scowled at him. "He's not."

"You're too young for him, Pads. Get over yourself." James snickered and pulled Sirius forward. "Hey Vernon! What are ya doin' in here? Shouldn't you be back in Slytherin, snogging it up with Ms. Priss?"

"No! ...I mean... still, no. No snogging." Sirius grumbled. He looked cross and kept giving Harry looks like he was trying to size him up, which coming from a twelve year old Sirius was not threatening at all.

-

In the meantime, Lucius walked into the common room, taking a seat on one of the over stuffed chairs. He wondered what to do, playing idly with the ends of his long hair. He really liked Harry Vernon, he liked kissing him, he liked his warmth. But two other people? He chewed on his bottom lip.

So what if there were two other people- they weren't here. They were in Durmstrung, while Harry was here with him. Lucius was in his humble opinion, the hottest thing on two legs. However, when he was around Harry, he felt oddly humble. He liked him, he liked him a lot. And that arrogance was difficult to throw back up in the face of his crush.

He had to get over that feeling, to show Harry that he was worthy of him. A Malfoy was worthy of everyone, but not everyone was worthy of a Malfoy after all. Harry loved quidditch- so tomorrow he would have to impress him on the pitch, there was no room for error in this.

-

"Something's up with Malfoy. He looked upset. Or sick or something like that." Lily adjusted her school bag over her shoulder. "Hope he's alright, he's one of the few people who talks to me in the Slug Club. It'd be awfully lonely if he were ill for the next meeting in a few days. Or missed the big Gryffindor vs Slytherin match tomorrow! Speaking of which, Sev- I think we should watch the match together. I can't imagine seeing it with anyone else."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 3:31 am

Harry pulled out an old book on Nicklaus Flammell and began reading silently, some of the words on the pages sinking in while others did not. He looked up a few times feeling like he was being watched and after an hour of this he could not take it anymore. He was due to meet Lucius in the common room after dinner. He checked his watch. He still had a good twenty minutes before his next class and dinner so he hurried off to DADA, hoping what was normally his favorite class would put him in a better mood.

---

"Malfoy's down in the dumps huh?" Snape didn't look too concerned as they walked along the corridor. "I imagine his pride has been shot to pieces by someone or something or another. As much as I care for Mr. Malfoy he often carries himself in too high regard. Getting a hard dose of reality does people like him some good. If you want my opinion I think he's taken by Vernon. Sweet on him rather and is probably finding out that Durmstrang men aren't easily lured by high noses, riches, and platinum blonde hair."

They turned the corridor heading towards the courtyard. "Quidditch. You know how much that sport interests me-- very little. But i will never say no to you as you are one of the few friends that I have who care enough to invite me to such things."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:07 pm

"Oh yes, you're right he does do that an awful lot- walk around like he owns the place. And that he's god's gift to everyone with a pulse." Lily rolled her eyes, imitating Lucius's exaggerated walk- pretending to coyly drop a ribbon from her hair which is what Lucius would do in order to watch the scads of people coming running to pick it up.

"But... once you get past that, he's wicked funny and not awful at all. I hope that Harry gets to see that because I believe you- He is sweet on Harry. He makes these ridiculous eyes at him." She batted her green at Severus, giving an exaggerated sigh. "I don't think Harry's noticed it so far, which you're right- must be a pretty big ego blow. Malfoy always bounces back fairly quickly from any sound trouncing so I'm sure he's come up with some sort of plan to win over the unwinable." She snickered. "Though... doing well in the game tomorrow might help. And of COURSE I want to see the game with you. Do you think I want to see it with Black, Pettigrew, and Lupin? No thank you. They're all insufferable, Sev. We can sit with Abigale Merriweather and the other Ravenclaws- avoiding the house loyalties- which is so stupid anyway! You're my friend, and I'm your friend, it shouldn't matter what house we come from." She fumed. "Sorry, Sev. Got off on a bit of a tangent."

-

Lucius had made up his mind. He was skipping class to go practice for tomorrow. He had to be on point. He had one class and all of dinner to get in some more flying practice before he had to meet Harry- that was just enough time to polish up his skills. Thankfully Professor Sinistra was a Slytherin during her time at Hogwarts and would understand his desire to actually win tomorrow.

He braided back his long hair, reaching for a ribbon to tie the end of it off. He glanced to the event-all, a round patina'd ball that contained the missing final match between his father and Charlus Potter during their seventh year. He had found it stuffed behind a brick in his dorm room while looking for his ancient runes book, the date still attached on the aged metal surface. He hadn't watched the legendary match yet- no one had since that day. Apparently there only existed one copy, and who ever stuffed it behind a brick wall made sure no one else watched the match.

Tonight, they were going to watch it. For the first time in 25 years... It was exciting to think about. Hopefully Harry wasn't too weirded out by what happened between them to enjoy it. With that final thought, Lucius left the dorm room behind, in favor of the outdoors to practice.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Severus watched Lily's imitation of Malfoy, unable to hold back a smile. She had him spot on and he found himself thoroughly enjoying her rant. "It's quite alright Lily. Your imitation was very impressive and I must agree with you. Lucius does have attractive features about him when he's not on his Holier Than Thou kick, earned honestly no doubt from Abraxas."

Snape sighed. "Do we really have to watch quidditch? Unlike you I have very little faith in Lucius besting Potter in quidditch. That whole lot of Potters apparently are legendary and James' ego is so surreptously large that he would probably risk a broken rib to beat Malfoy. But if you insist I shall accompany you with no futher qualms."

---

Harry was absolutely right. His new DADA class put him in a considerably better mood especially since there were many things he already knew how to do that the other's didn't. For instance a bogart. He learned of those in his second year at Hogawarts in the future so when he saw the trunk shaking, he immeditaly knew what it was. The question of course, was whether or not he should even volunteer to off it considering he wasn't sure what his bogart would find in his heart. Between Voldemort, dying, and dementors, he just wasn't srue which would actually come out so he sat quietly, opting to let others have a go at it. Even though he didn't get a chance to shine, the fact that he was able to use his wand and learn more about his favorite subject took his mind off of the whole potion's incident.

Dinner was just as good. All of his favorite things appeared on his plate and part of him wondered if Dumbledore sensed his longing to go home. He ate slowly enjoying his meal alone before heading back to the common room. A few people were around doing homework and he figured he may as well too. He took out his DADA stuff and began his rediculously long essay on the origins of Bogarts.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:05 pm

"Yes." Lily said firmly. "We have to watch Quidditch, and it's for that very reason. I'm remaining optimistic about your house's chance tomorrow but really...? Malfoy's got no chance of winning tomorrow, Potter's great at being a seeker- it nearly rivals his excellence at being a toe-rag. And apparently Malfoy's father will be there and everything. Malfoy's my partner in the Slug Club, and I'm going to stick by him because... well... Tomorrow's not going to be a good day." She shook her head. "And that's if he doesn't fall or get flattened some how. The Hufflepuffs have the odds figured out for that. Apparently there's a 5 to 1 chance of that happening." She made a face.

"How they even figured that out is beyond me..."

-

Lucius spent the rest of the evening outside practicing. He missed every tree successfully for the first time in a long time. He was grateful for the extra time on the broom and for not having to pick leaves out of his long hair. He checked the time- and he was right on time. After a quick shower, he was back in the Slytherin common room the old event-all ball in his hand.

He set the old ball beside Harry's parchment. "Do they have these at Durmstrang? They're event-alls, they used them to record Quidditch matches. They seem to have ceased making these after late forties. They captured the entire event." He sat down on an empty chair beside Harry, lowering his voice. "This one's special. It's been missing for years. It's the last match of Charlus Potter- seeker for Gryffindor and my father-- their matches were legendary. For whatever curious reason, barely anyone remembers what happened during the event. I know you love Quidditch, Harry- so I figured you'd want to see this one given the added mystery surrounding it." He sounded excited. "Er... unless you're too busy. That homework looks... lengthy."
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:47 am

"Well James might be a right foul git of a child, but he is also very brilliant. Tis a shame his brilliance is put towards stupidity. He would make a good auror someday, but I would never tell him that."

He nodded. "Very well. We will attend the Quidditch match together. Lucius is quite the dreadful flier and no doubt his father will embarrass him with words depicting the mass amount of shame he would feel at such a loss. I do feel sorry for Lucius at times. His dad is unreasonable."

Snape rounded the corner heading towards the library. "I need to point out that while the chance is slim, Lucius could very well win the match. Remember James probably knows Lucius can't ride a stick properly even if he was strapped to it. He will underestimate his opponent and the trick for Potter will be how far is he willing to go to win after making a crucial mistake? I've seen him risk breaking a few limbs so no doubt the match will be superb." He chuckled. "If anything I'll either see a good scolding or those chartered off to the hospital wing."

---

Harry looked up from his dark arts homework. "Oh hello Lucius." He shrugged. "It is pretty lengthy but it's my favorite subject so I don't mind it much."

He frowned a little, curious about the device Lucius spoke of. "No. I've never heard of it and...Charlus Potter?" Harry had never heard of him and if his name was in that display Hermione once showed him, he bipassed it for only the name James Potter stood out.

Harry rolled up his parchment shoving everything back into his bag. "Sure. I could use the break and the match sounds interesting."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:46 pm

"He didn't have to be mean to us on that day on the train." Lily scowled. "He'd do well to not judge people so quickly, and then we'll talk about who'll make a good auror one day. If it were up to him, all of Slytherin would be in Azkaban. Which isn't right, just because someone's a Slytherin doesn't mean they're wanting to bathe in the blood of muggle-borns. You're a Slytherin and YOU don't want to bathe in my blood."

Lily sighed. "I've never met him before, I've only heard stories and observed the pictures from quidditch games past. He looks like a sharp, hawkish man. Not entirely too pleasant to chat with, I'd assume. ...Tomorrow will be an interesting day indeed, Sev. Maybe we should come up with two reactions. "Oh Lucius, I'm so sorry you've lost but you've tried your best and your father should have known better and what not" or "Lucius! I'm so happy you've won! We'll stop by the hospital wing later."" Lily grinned.

"Regardless, I'm excited to watch the game with you Sev. We don't get to spend much time together when we're at school- and this will be like an all day event!"

-

"Charlus Potter- James's father. Right nice fellow or so I've been told. I've seen him take James to Kings Cross. My father likes him a great deal, and that's saying something because my father likes no one. I'm his son and I'm certain he doesn't like me either!" He half joked.

He waited for a bit until the common room was all but empty- save for Lucius and Harry. "An event-all will transport the people viewing the event to the event... But it's like an illusion. We can only see it. The people there will not be able to see or hear us. We can only observe." He clicked the top of the old event-all, setting it down on the table. It took a moment, but a blue light erupted from it, transforming the slytherin common room into a mostly empty quidditch pitch, twenty-five years in the past.

"Sometimes for a big event, they capture a bit before the game too." Lucius said as he lead Harry further in to the illusion. "Look! There they are." He lead the other teen and fellow Slytherin up closer, until they were in ear shot.

Two seventh years were seated in the middle- one was Charlus Potter in his Gryffindor quidditch robes, messy hair, and plaid chappy hat laid jauntily against his head. He was laying on the grass on his stomach, propped up on his elbows as he watched the other seventh year, Abraxas Malfoy.

Abraxas had a large cello between his legs as he sat on a stool, his quidditch robes pooling at his feet- playing the prelude from Bach's cello suite no. 1. His face was frowning in deep concentration as nimble looking fingers expertly grasped the bow. His long thick light blonde hair was slicked back, held back further by his transfigured glasses into goggles for the game.

Once the music was over, Charlus rolled up into a sitting position, grinned, and clapped. "Now that was something!"

"That was Bach, Charlus." Abraxas said quietly.

"I know. You only ever play Bach. Why don't you play Beethoven? What do you have against him?"

Abraxas made the cello and bow vanish from sight as he stood up. "Liking Beethoven and shunning the greatness of Bach is totally a Gryffindor thing to do." He extended his hand to help the other boy up to his feet. "...This is our last pre-game ritual. There will be no more private cello concerts on the pitch. No more banter about muggle composers- it will be our last ride out as Gryffindor and Slytherin seekers- as captains."

"I know." Charlus frowned. "But just when something good ends, it's the start of something new." He said slowly. "But I will always treasure our pre-game ritual. But just because this is the last game... Doesn't mean I'm going easy on ya, Abs."

"The same goes for you, Charlus Potter. Watch out. I promise you, I'll be ruthless. Here come the teams. I will see you after the game."

"How 'bout we sneak into London? Maybe go to the new club on 8th street- We gotta celebrate our last game right." Charlus suggested and Abraxas gave a firm nod in affirmation.

"Tonight then." The two captains separated to join their respective teams.

To the right, hidden off to the side was another seventh year student- Tom Riddle. He was scowling deeply, his fingers dug deep into the fleshy part of his palms as he observed the chummy situation from school hero Charlus Potter and Abraxas- he didn't understand why Abraxas passed him up for Charlus and his ridiculous ways. He bent down and opened up the box of quidditch supplies- his eyes focused on the two bludgers. With a scowl that slowly transformed into a smirk, he glanced back to the retreating backs of Malfoy and Potter. He was going to make them both pay tonight- Potter for ruining his chance to have a powerful alliance with Malfoy and his manor full of dark arts, and Malfoy for spurning him unjustly. He fired a spell into the box at the iron bludgers, and kicked the box containing them closed. If either of the intended target were to survive tonight, it was going to take a miracle.

Lucius watched the future Lord Voldemort in confusion and slight concern. The game hadn't begun yet, but more people were filing in to the stands. "Harry-- did you see that, that boy just did something-- nobody else saw it?"He frowned and looked around. No one noticed Tom Riddle, or saw him slipping away from the field. The group of students and professors were too excited for the start of the game.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:53 am

"Well Lily a right smart bunch of Slytherin feel the same way about you Gryffindors. They wish to rid the world of the arrogant lot while I'm one of the few indifferent ones. James is regrettably a pompous jerk but I could never deny, at least in secret, his talents. As for your description of Abraxas, you couldn't be more right. The man misses absolutely nothing and Lily..." He made a face. "I am not one for false reactions. Simply put if Lucius is dreadful I will let him know he was dreadful."

He paused outside the library. "I have some homework that I need to finish, but I will see you for the big match."

---

"Oh...okay," Harry musing over this new development. So his grandfather was named Charlus, and much like his father and himself, he also happened to be a great quidditch player. No one ever mentioned Charlus to him, but then he never exactly noticed his name in the Hall of Champions for Quidditch. He made a mental note to investigate once he returned.

He leaned back watching as the room transformed, much like what happened when one fell into a Pensieve. The experience wasn't exactly new to him but because he wasn't sure if a Pensieve existed yet, he remained silent watching and listening as Lucius explained things. Soon they were behind the scenes watching as two rivals spoke fondly of one another. This made Harry raise a brow. If he didn't know better he would think they were possibly a little bit more than friends--like best friends. They had a chummy sort of bromance that Harry wasn't all too sure he liked.

But then before Lucius could point out the obvious, he tuned him out. His eyes lingered on the one known in his world as Lord Voldemort and he was messing around with the Quidditch stuff, much like Quirrel did to him in his first year and Dobby did to him in his second. "Riddle," he mumbled, eyes darkening at the sight of the young man. Even at that age you could see the contempt in his eyes; the darkness that would eventually turn into sinister ambitions turned reality.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:52 pm

"Right then, Sev- I'll meet you at the pitch tomorrow. Good luck on your homework!" She waved to him and started back off toward the Gryffindor common room to do her own work- thinking about all they had talked about. She let the thoughts drift in and out of her mind for the rest of the night, eventually shoving everything aside for thoughts of the big match tomorrow.

-

"Excuse me?" Lucius asked looking again at the strange teenager. His eyes reflected a sort of malice- as he began to worry for his father. Obviously, the elder Malfoy made it out of this match alive, and as did Charlus- but still. The thought of witnessing his father getting hurt made him swallow.

The stands were filled with people now, and everyone was waiting. The Gryffindor team emerged first, flying over the crowds as they screamed in delight. Charlus lead out a team comprised of what could only be brother and sister to one Arthur Weasley, and a few others. Charlus took the hat off of his head, waving it around to the crowd to get more cheers until they finally took formation toward the center of the pitch.

The Slytherin team flew in, in tight, rigid formation obviously bestowed upon them by their rigid captain. Walburga and Orion Black were also on the team as beaters. Walburga looked just as cross as her portrait portrayed her as, even though she was far younger. Several people cheered for Slytherin, as the crowd was fairly divided between the two rival houses. They took their places from the Gryffindor team, waiting with heavy anticipation for the game to begin.

"There Harry- There's Sirius Black's parents- Orion and Walburga Black. Nasty pair of beaters when they work together." Lucius explained as the future mother of Harry's beloved godfather gritted her teeth, her eyes focused on Aurora Weasley- one of the Gryffindor chasers, who would clearly be her target. "She hates Aurora Weasley, she made the mistake of trying to ask Orion to the Hallowe'en Ball a few years back, according to father."

The game began not long after that as all four balls were released. Everything seemed to be going normally. Charlus showed off his flying skills- obviously rugged and daring with how he flew through the air. Every move Abraxas made however, was in direct opposition to Charlus's style- moving through the air like a surgeon's knife, cutting through the air with elegance.

Lucius looked nervous as he watched his father fly- obviously he had big shoes to fill.

Suddenly Abraxas came to a stop, his sharp eyes glancing around. He saw something in the distance that caught his eye- but Charlus was closer. He lowered himself to the broom so that he was laying on it, wrapping his legs and arms around the skinny neck in order to get the full effect of speed. He sped off toward what he had seen, Charlus catching on immediately and both went flying off for the same spot.

Meanwhile, Walburga wound up her arm, smashing a bludger toward Aurora- however, it veered remarkably off course, chasing after the two seekers. "HEY! HEY GET BACK HERE! DO YOUR JOOOB!"

Walburga's shouts didn't seem to phase the two seekers as Abraxas had broken from Charlus, his hand out stretched to take the snitch-- all up until the bludger smashed through his out stretched arm. The howl of pain echoed through out the stadium, and Lucius looked sick. His father's arm was an absolute mess.

"Time! TIME!" Charlus shouted down to the referee. "Abs- The hospital wing-"

"No... No, I'm fine." He replied hoarsely. He untied the scarf he wore around his neck, winding it around his injured arm- tying the rest of it around his neck like a sling. "I can compete." He whispered, his eyes welled up with unshed tears of pain.

Charlus scowled- as the captains they could end the game, but Abraxas was too stubborn. He nodded down to the ref, and flew off toward the other side of the field. If Abraxas was babied, he lashed out worse when he was angry. He kept an eye on him, noting his paler, shakier posture as he gripped the neck of the broom.

The game restarted again, and as soon as it did- both bludgers flew right at Charlus and Abraxas. The two seekers did what they could to avoid them, using their skills to avoid the iron bludgers. Fatigue, and in Abraxas's case, pain, was making it harder to keep them away.

"Charlus- I can't fly anymore. I can't-" Abraxas shouted out to him, nearly seeing double.

Charlus flew beside him, close enough for Abraxas to board his broom quickly. "What is going on?!"

"I haven't the slightest! Obviously someone wants us harmed because having two rogue bludgers is impossible!" Abraxas scowled and as they flew by Walburga, he nicked her bat. He used it to smash the bludgers away from them. Charlus flew them expertly around the pitch as best as he could, but one bludger snuck under them, smashing the broom beneath them into wooden bits.

The crowd gasped in shock as both seekers fell to the ground. Charlus landed badly on his leg- breaking it on impact. His head bounced off the ground, leaving him considerably dazed Stars of pain exploded in front of his face- He heard the whistling sound of the second bludger plummeting straight down toward him, but there was little he could do to get away.

"CHARLUS! Charlus move!" Abraxas shouted as he rolled to his feet, his heart reacting faster than his mind. He launched himself at his fellow seeker, throwing himself across Charlus- blocking the blow with his back. The crowd by this point was on their feet, as both teams sat completely stunned with what had happened to their seekers.

Dumbledore pointed his wand at the two bludgers that were rounding around to make a second attack on the incapacitated teens- blowing them both into smithereens. He shook his head at the shocked Dippet, making his way down toward the pitch and the injured boys.

In the ensuing confusion, Tom Riddle snuck through undetected, grabbing the event-all before feigning a look of great concern for his fallen housemate.
Back to top Go down
Harry Potter

Harry Potter

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Harry just sat there stunned. What he witnessed was very reminiscent of a few sabotages he went through. Though Dobby was only trying to help, a rouge bludger was nothing to joke about. He broke his wrist so he could just about imagine the kind of pain Abraxas was in. Both men were great fliers so the bludgers were something serious.

It was great seeing the Weasleys and other ancestors of those he know and care for today but the entire thing was ruined by Riddle. All he could think about was Abraxas clutching his broom in pain or throwing himself over his grandfather.

Harry leaned back in his seat, thoughts drifting to Voldemort and his death eaters. Seemingly Abraxas wasn't wavered at all by Riddle and of course his grandfather, being a noble Gryffindor, wouldn't allow someone like Tom to intimidate him nor get inside his head. Instead he knew his grandfather would have, most likely, have had something of the kind of relationship he currently had with Draco.

But something else was bothering him as well. How the heck did Riddle manage to get Lucius as a death eater? Surely Abraxas, despite being something of a snob, would have warned his son about Riddle. Or maybe Lucius was just naive enough to think Riddle was some kind of world savior. Whatever happened it just didn't make sense after watching this clip, at least not to him.

He glanced over at Lucius who looked just as stunned and disturbed as he himself felt. "That guy," Harry said quietly, "he reminds me of someone from...my school. Well he's not there anymore but there are stories. His eyes though...intense. Like a man filled with malice and ill intent. Wonder what they did to piss him off? I'm not the brightest of apples but I fancy he didn't give a damn about the Quidditch match itself. They pissed him off but he could have hurt them or worse, killed them. Nobody saw... that's the part that's most disturbing to me."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fool's Chance    Fool's Chance  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fool's Chance
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: Out Of School :: Anywhere Else-
Jump to: