The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Hallowe'en Ball

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

The Hallowe'en Ball  Empty
PostSubject: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:56 am

(FOR SIRIUS BLACK)

It was early in the school year, but not early enough for Albus Dumbledore. He glanced around to his colleagues at the head table in the dining room. "Can I give my announcement now? Almost everyone is here." He said gesturing to the full tables from each house- everyone was settling in for dinner. The Gryffindor table was filled with laughter, the Ravenclaws with sharp discussion, the Hufflepuffs were quiet- speaking up when discussing their projects and hard work, and the Slytherins were mulling over something.

"Well Albus, go ahead." Flitwick nodded. "I suppose now is as good of a time as any."

"Excellent! We haven't had one of these in ages." He cleared his throat and stood up at the podium. "Good evening, everyone. I have an exciting announcement for you all. This year in part for the Halloween festivities, there will be a massive costume ball. All upperclassmen from year four and up are allowed in without restriction, your younger classmates may attend but only with the accompaniment of an upperclassmen. The ball, as you can imagine, is costumes only. You may or may not wear a mask to conceal your identity and will take place on all Hallow's Eve."

Snape looked complacent, this had no interest for him. He glanced over to Lucius who would need a mop to wipe off the smug look on his face. "I assume you're going."

"As are you! You are my date!"

"I am not." Snape said while turning the page on his book. "I have no interest in dances and quite frankly, while the thought of you dragging me around the floor all night might seem wonderful to you, I'd rather choke on a frog."

Lucius made a face, resting his head on his hand. "You're no fun, Sev. A big, pale, wet blanket."

He turned another page in his book. "Quite. Surely you'll find yourself no shortage of suitors to take in my place who'd give their right arm to be dragged around by you."

He sighed, looking around for a suitable replacement for his friend as a date. The Mundungus twins? Oh no. They'd drive him insane. Vowell the seeker? Oh that would be the day. He wrinkled his nose a little- never having noticed what a bunch of strange people were in his house. "Maybe I'll go stag..."

-

Meanwhile at the Gryffindor table James had his sight solely placed on Lily. She gave him and odd look and turned the other way to continue her conversation with another girl uninterrupted by James. "She's totally going to go with me to that ball, guys." He said to the other marauders with a big grin. "Pads, my good man, clearly you'll have a list of beautiful young witches to cull through to find the proper date." He grinned and glanced over to the Slytherin table. "Suppose Malfoy's going with Snape, the two of them are insepera- oh. Well, what's that sour look on the ickle princess's face for?"

"Maybe Sniv rejected him." Peter suggested. "And now he doesn't have a date."

"Brilliant!" James laughed. "Oh how funny. Can you picture Malfoy with anyone else at that ball? Oh he'll be miserable, just miserable!" Suddenly a little light bulb went off in his head. "...Pads- I dare you to go and ask Malfoy to that ball. I will give you my whole month's chocolate rations to make up for the pumpkin juice that will surely be thrown in your face."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Sirius blinked; looking away from the 'intellectual' conversation he was having with the girl next to him; her actual words not making much sense nor needing too with what he was eying.

"Wha?" His eyes drifted over to the table where Malfoy was holding court and with a half smirk he turned to James. "A months rations of chocolate? Surely you think you're talking to Moons, but I accept your offer Prongs my boy."

He made his excuse to his 'conversation' partner and after straightening his vest, loosening his tie and tousling his hair he strode over, smirking as he slid into the spot next to Lucius, his eyes flicking from the top of his platinum head to the curvature of his robe covered rear on the seat. He felt rather than saw the scowl that was being aimed at him by Severus and normally he would have tossed some off handed insult his way but he was a wizard on a mission at that point.

With his smirk still in place he ran a finger down Lucius' arm to his wrist and then let it fall away, hoping that he wasn't going to get a bat boogey hex to face in the next few moments...it'd terribly hurt his chances of getting a date to the ball if it did. Patiently he waited--well as patiently as he could, his finger once more finding it's way to Lucius's arm where it drew circles.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:51 pm

Snape's eyes rounded on Sirius, watching him as he so boldly laid a hand on his best friend- more so only friend, after he had screwed up things so soundly with Lily. "Molester!" Severus growled and raised his wand to Sirius's face. "Get your hand off of him!"

Lucius was absolutely astonished that there was some one so bold as to stroll right on over as if he was on a sunday walk, sit next to him, and lay a hand on his person. He had fired a hex off for less. He reached over and picked Sirius's hand off of his arm. "Severus... it's alright. Lower your wand. I'm rather curious as to why our table is being invaded by a Gryffindor."

"But--"

"Sev. Please."

Severus scowled and lowered his wand- his dark eyes fixated on Sirius. One more move like that and the other teen would have a fine time putting his face back in order.

Lucius looked back Sirius, his grey eyes cold and calculating. "Well then, Sirius Black. If you'd be so kind as to explain your presence and wandering hand, it'd be appreciated. Or, in not so many words... What in the hell do you want?"

-

"You're loosing all of your chocolate, Prongs." Peter snickered.

"...It's fine. He's been out there for a decent amount of time."

"You mean a minute?" Lupin grinned a little.

"How many of you thought he'd last less? Come on then, lets show ole' Pads some support." James asked looking to his friends. When they looked sheepish he grinned and began to chant. "Siri-us! Siri-us! SIRI-US!"

Peter joined in first, followed by Remus who figured he might as well- followed by the other Gryffindors who considered the chants as something fun to do.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:08 pm

The chants from his table were almost too hard to resist turning to but he managed to keep from doing so; tilting his head at Lucius and morphing his smirk into a smile. The growl from Severus nearly earned him a tossed insult accompanied with a hex or two but he squashed the want down. He didn't want this spoiled by some unneeded--though highly enjoyable--hexing.

"Merely to ask if you'd accompany me to the ball Lucius. We can be the ambassadors for interhouse relations. I mean if a Gryffindor and a Slytherin can put aside their aversions for one night of dancing and fun then surely the other houses can do so as well."

It was a long shot, and since it really was only the Gryffindors and Slytherins that stayed apart a complete fabrication. But still it didn't keep Sirius from losing his smile or taking his eyes off of Lucius.

"As for my wandering hand, I hardly think that it was that wandering." His smirk returned as he leaned in and whispered in Lucius' ear. "Of course Luci if you want it to wander, I'm more than happy to oblige." He pulled away and finally looked over at Severus. "Ahh, Sn--Severus, how nice to see you today, your hair looks....less greasy that normal, you must be using a new shampoo...or just shampoo in general."

He winced, the insult had just sprung from his lips and he knew that it was only a matter of time before either one or both of the men attacked. He held up his hands in front of him in a defensive manner.

"Pardon me, I didn't mean to insinuate....and I'm wandless, no way to protect myself and we're in the great hall, where there are teachers present."

He closed his eyes and hoped that they would at least have the sense of mind to protect themselves from the detentions that they would incur if they attacked.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:55 pm

"How interesting- you come over here wandless and insult my best friend? You art a fool and a half, Sirius Black. But we won't hex you, don't worry." He looks to Severus who grits his teeth. "However- a bit of warning should you try that again, I doubt I can contain dear Severus." He snipped and then his eyes widened in surprise.

"You..." He sputtered. "YOU are asking ME to the ball? Oh, this must be some kind of prank- interhouse relations be damned. I hear your lovely friends over there chanting like hyenas. What are you planning hmmm?" He said coldly. "A dung bomb on my head when I walk through the door with you? A swelling hex? A shrinking curse? Or some other unique marauder prank to be leveled against myself? Clearly you mustn't think me to be that... stupid..."

Sirius's hot breath on his ear made him noticeably shiver. He shut his eyes and swallowed. "Th-that won't be necessary. Your hadn't needn't wander." He cleared his throat and stared at Sirius, boring a hole into him with his grey eyes. "You and your "friends" have a reputation for being rude to Slytherins, including my best friend here." He gestured to Severus, who crossed his arms across his chest. "However, he has declined my invitation to the ball, and I remain dateless. HOWEVER... I also don't trust you in the slightest. If you want me to go with you, I require a date of good faith first."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 6:43 pm

"I assure you Lucius that there is no prank invol--" Sirius's mouth dropped open as he blinked at Lucius. "A-A date of good faith first? Are you serious? Wait, don't answer that." He hadn't expected that and for an odd reason found himself excited by the prospect. "I mean of course, I understand and find that reasonable."

With his mometary lasp of protocol under control he smiled and grabbed Lucius's hand again, kissing the back of it as he looked up at Lucius through the tousled fringe of his bangs.

"Well then my dear Malfoy, name the date and time you want this date of good faith and I'll be awaiting with bells on."

The words weren't completely untrue, he'd be there and he was even looking forward to it in a way but he would also be wary of a cross attack from the Slytherin side and he was about to say something to the effect but decided that he'd be the bigger person in this and act as if he was certain that Lucius wouldn't double cross him in the end.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:21 pm

He watched Sirius kiss his hand and he nodded in appreciation of the gesture, and offered him a blink-and-you-missed-it smile. "We'll meet at the Quidditch pitch tonight then, when the last vestiges of red fade out into the night. Say... seven. The pitch is neutral ground, it should not worry your friends if you go there, nor should it worry Sev."

"Really Lucius! Are you certain you want to do this?" He asked and frowned deeply, he pulled Lucius down and hissed his his ear. "He's a dog! A whore monger! Clearly he's been with every Gryffindor and he's made his way over here because he's out of fresh targets!"

"I see. Don't worry Sev, I'll be fine." Lucius murmured back to him and sat up. "So, seven tonight, on the pitch. I'll let you pick what we do. Surely you'll have some good ideas..." He drawled and cast his eyes on the Gryffindor table. "Your friends are looking longingly at you. I'm thinking you should return. Do not be late, Sirius- this is a good faith date."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:26 am

With a quick grin he stood, turning to leave but quickly stealing a kiss before winking and higtailing it back to his table. Although he did stop once and cast a look back at the table and the two boys that were staring at one anouth in what looked like quiet contemplation.

[i]7pm on the pitch. This could actually be fun.[i]

Sirius plopped down into his seat and grabbed his pumpkin juice, taking a drink and smiling widely even as the others so subtly started to dig for answers.

"You made it out alive Pads." Peter practically yelped as he stared in a somewhat expression of awe.

"Of course. Did you have any doubts?" Sirius didn't wait for answer, he just turned to Jame and stated cheekily. "A whole months rations you said? How about a quarter of that for tonight." His smile grew wide enough to almost split his face in half. "I have a date tonight, and I think that it would benefit my cause if I took some with me."

Sirius fell quiet after that, his mind going back to what he could do with Lucius and prove to the other boy that his offer of a date to the ball was an honest one.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:13 am

"Oh that's it, I'm hexing his face off." Severus muttered and went to get up. Lucius caught the other teen's wrist and forced him to sit back down. "He kissed you! We should go to the infirmary to make sure you didn't contract singing herpies or something equally retched."

Lucius touched his lips in thought. "No... No I'm fine. That was remarkably bold for him to do. Very bold."

"Bold! BOLD! I rescind my earlier statement about the ball, I"ll go with you--"

"Sev, it's fine. I'm not going to force you to go to the ball of which you will not enjoy."

"Then I'll go with you on your date!"

"No, and stop being silly. I'll be fine. I can more than handle Sirius Black." Lucius murmured. "It'll be alright."

Severus pressed his thin lips together. "I can't lose you to them too, Lucius." He said quietly.

"What? Sev- you're not." Lucius blinked in surprise. "It's just a date. Come on- I don't have much time to get ready for it." He glanced at the clock and stood up. Severus looked miserable, but followed along behind him anyway back to the dorm.

-

"You're a fool, Sirius Black. But a bloody brave one. Sneaking a kiss in like that? Old Sniv looked like he wanted to blast your face off." James grinned. "Fine fine, I'll give ya it for tonight."

"A date? Oh you can't mean with Malfoy." Remus said as he looked up from his book. "Wait, did he even say yes to the ball? He couldn't have said yes. Why would he say yes? We torture him and Severus. Or at least, you three do and I'm guilt by association."

"Oh yeah hey- I'm not giving you my chocolate until you spill it Pads. What happened over there? We were cheering you on- whatever you were doing. We couldn't really see from here. Though you are distinctly lacking the pumpkin juice bath I was expecting you'd get."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:24 pm

Sirius continued to play with the cup in front of him, batting it between his hands like a cat with a mouse. He grinned at his three partners in crime, the urge to string them a long too strong for him to resist. He stood from the table and left, laughing as he heard James and Peter, and he was sure Remus was somewhere in there too, calling his name.

He didn't really have any plans, but he felt the urge to walk and to think. It wasn't often that Sirius had much to think about; lesson came easily to him and he barely had to study to pass the OWLS and probably wouldn't need much to get extremely good marks on his NEWTS. Still he had to admit that he had a lot to think about.

Lucius was completely out of Sirius' realm of comfort and he had to admit that he was a tad bit nervous about the upcoming date. Most times he showed up to dates tousled and laying down each line in the book he could think of until they gave in. But Lucius was different; he was part of one of the oldest Wizarding families and had the airs of the nobility so certain protocols had to be followed.

His wanderings led him back to the Griffyndor Tower where he took up residence in one of the overstuffed chairs by the fire; watching the flickering flames idly as he continued to mull over ideas for his date.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:10 pm

"You're wearing that?"

Lucius cast a glance back to Severus, and then back down to what he was wearing. "I see no problem with my attire. I'm not showing any unnecessary flesh." As a matter of fact, he was showing no flesh at all, save for his face and part of his neck. He wore a tightly fitted high collared buttoned up shirt, and a pair of tight fitting velvet trousers, with matching black leather boots and gloves.

"You're not showing flesh but you're showing... shapes." He gestured toward Lucius- and that he was. Long lovely limbs were perfectly visible, hugging the round shape of his ass.

"Shapes?" Lucius glanced in the mirror. "I think it's fine, Sev." He went over to fetch his cloak, taking the white one to contrast with his all black outfit. He pulled his hair back into a neat ponytail tied with a wide black ribbon. "I'm going to be late now- please don't fret."

"Don't fret?" Severus frowned. "I'm coming with you to see you off."

-

James entered the common room, followed by Remus and Peter. He crossed his arms across his chest. "We heard it from some of the other Slytherins- you're going on a date with Malfoy? Well. Forgive me, your best friend, for saying so- but we're coming with you. It might be a Slytherin ambush. You're not meeting him alone."

Remus sighed. "I know it's none of our business, but... James does have a point. We'd all feel better if we at least saw you off."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:00 pm

Sirius looked up from his seat, startled from his thoughts. "Wha? No. NO. You can't. This is a good faith date that the date to the dance hinges on." He looked at the hour glass that sat on the mantle of fireplace. "Bloody hell! I'm going to be late."

Sirius jumped from his seat and hurried up to his room, rummaging through his clothes for the ones that tried to hide from the others. They where the well fitted breeches and matching waist coat that if he buttoned them up fully would be choking. With scowl he looked at the clothes and shook his head, using his wand to transfigure the clothes into something a bit more suitable.

Black leather pants and a matching vest went over a long, puffy sleeved shirt and his fly away hair was restrained to a leather tie, holding it away from his face. The hour glass on his night stand showed less than five minutes and he groaned. It'd take more than that to walk. Looking around he seen James' broom leaning against the wall and he grabbed it, magicing a quick note to James about him borrowing it.

Throwing the window open he climbed on and started towards the pitch, the wind tearing his hair from his ponytail and leaving it in tendrils around his face. Finally he touched down and before the broom was even hitting the ground he was off and running, rushing through the entrance to stand in the middle of the field, shrinking the broom to hit in the pocket of his pants and he worked to retrain his hair again.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:11 pm

"Fine, fine. Go without back up." James said and shook his head. He waited until Sirius had gone, following him out under the invisibility cloak. Sirius had taken his broom but that was fine. It wouldn't take him long to run out there.

-

They were approaching the pitch, when Lucius turned to face Severus. "Dear Sev- that is far enough. It'll be alright. I'll be fine."

"But--"

"But really." He patted his shoulder and turned to make his way through the entrance. He emerged onto the field, seeing Sirius had just arrived. His walk was one of grace and elegance, his hands neatly folded in front of him- looking the picture of elegance.

James had just arrived having passed Severus on the way. Once he made his way inside, he was pleased to see no other Slytherins standing there, and Malfoy looking like he was taking this date seriously. He felt bad about infringing on them, but at least no one could see and he could rest knowing Sirius was alright.

"Good evening Sirius Black. I'm pleased to see you're on time and ready for our date. I have dressed well for it, but tell me now- Am I over dressed for whatever you have planned...? I do not like to be ill prepared for an occasion."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:42 am

Sirius bowed and took Lucius' hand, kissing the back as he grinned. "Forgive me if I fail to believe that you are ever ill equipped for any outing or event Lucius." He straightened up and pulled Jame's broom from his pocket and with a switch of his wand transfigured it into a large floating rug that he climbed on, holding a hand out to Lucius.

"A carpet ride Lucius. Wizards in the East use these instead of brooms, I can see why, it's a lot better for more than one traveling Witch or Wizard. Come now. First a ride in the moonlight and then a dinner followed maybe by some dancing....provided you don't get loony and throw me off the rug while we're up in the air."

Sirius smiled to show that he had been kidding but deep down he had the feeling that if Lucius wanted to do it he would.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:21 pm

"Please." Lucius sat on the carpet with Sirius. "If I wanted to dispatch myself of your presence I would have trotted my house to see it. And seeing as how I sent a worried Severus back to the dungeons before I even reached the pitch, I believe that is firm enough grounds for you to relax." He sat with his legs folded beneath him. "HOWEVER should you get me dirty, I make no promises." He was half joking as he fanned out the white cloak behind him as to not get it wrinkled.

"I like your carpet- it's a nice touch. And I do love dancing. So far, you're doing fairly well Sirius Black. I am impressed with your manners and intrigued-- looking forward to seeing more." He nodded. "It is a beautiful night for a moonlit ride."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Sirius leaned in and whispered in Lucius' ear. "I'll only get you as dirty as you let me." With a chuckle he pulled back and he lightly trailed a finger over the white cape. "Ermine?"

With a tap to the carpet with his wand it started to move, picking up sped until the wind was just short of whipping. The moonlight from the crescent moon dappling Lucius' face as they wove through the trees of the forest.

"Manners?" Sirius laughed hollowly as he stared out over the right side. "Most people tend to forget that I am from the Noble House of Black, despite them saying my name a hundred times a day. That means I have all the old world manners instilled in me since birth. Despite whether or not I want them."

The words held an edge of bitterness to them and he scowled, he didn't want to start down that path tonight, he had an objective in mind and nothing was going to sway him from it. With a slight start however he come to realize that getting this date with Lucius to the masquerade suddenly meant more to him than anything had before...and he was certain that it wasn't because he was dared to do it.

From the corner of his eye he looked at Lucius; they said like called to like, but he and Lucius were worlds apart. Lucius reveled in his family history while he tried to forget, tried to distance himself from it. His thoughts were quickly becoming melancholy so he made the mental effort to change, working a smile onto his face as he used his wand to send up tiny fountains of colored sparks above them.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:37 am

"No... It is not your heritage I doubt. It is your friends, who delight in making our lives miserable with childish pranks. But this is learning experience if anything, Sirius. I am here to see that you're not the git I know you to be from the halls of our school- and hopefully you will walk away seeing more to me than my infamous ice." He murmured, liking the feel of the wind blowing his hair back. He leaned up on the carpet, speaking quietly into his ear. "Please note- not everything is what it seems with Slytherins. What we display to the world often doesn't reach our hearts, but rarely do people try to get to know our hearts.."

He sat back folding his hands in his lap as he watched the colorful sparks in the sky. "Those are beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:05 am

Sirius shivered at the feel of Lucius' breath against his ear and he looked over, a sheepish smile on his face.

"Yeah, we can be a bunch of berks. I know that and I apologize Lucius. I know the others, with the exception of Remus would not do so. So at least from Moony and Padfoot of the Marauders we're sorry." He scooted closer to Lucius on the carpet, covering his hand as he leaned back to speak in Lucius's ear. "Then allow me to get to know what the world doesn't see."

The genuinity of his words surprised even him but he didn't say anything to take them back; his mind reeling at the situation and how it was turning out. So far it was an enjoyable date and he had to smile; picturing the looks on the faces of their classmates when they strolled into the ball together, arm in arm; dancing close and possibly even sharing a light kiss on the floor.

He looked up at the sparks and laughed. "Y'know, I figured those out on an accident. James and I weren't the best mates that we are now. We started off hating one another, we were the two most popular and one day in second year we passed in the hallway and he threw a curse at me that turned my hair pink. I mean to set his robes on fire but those sparks came out and we stopped and laughed. From then on out we were inseparable." He turned his head and gently hooked some of Lucius' hair behind ear that had come loose. "They're nothing compared to the moonlight splashing across your face Lucius."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:39 pm

"I still don't know how you roped Lupin into your shenanigans." He said curtly. "He seems like the type who'd not enjoy them as much, but what would I know?" Lucius sighed, looking to Sirius. "You're very smooth with your words, Sirius." He gave him a slight smile.

"Pink hair, hmm? It would suit you, you know." He teased gently. "You know... I wish you'd leave Severus alone. He's brilliant, and lives a terrible life. He doesn't need any help from you four in making it worse." He said with a frown. "And... well.. as his best and only friend, I would appreciate a cease fire. He won't attack you if you don't." He glanced down to the carpet, avoiding Sirius's face when he complimented him.

"You compliment me so nicely Sirius- I... do appreciate it. You can be a completely different person away from your friends. I think I like this Sirius Black better. I think... that if this Sirius came to ask me to the dance, I'd have a difficult time saying no."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:30 pm

Sirius looked down at the patterns on the carpet; a cease fire against Severus. Sure he'd never personally done anything to Sirius but it was hard to go against the group especially since James thought that Severus was after Lily. He looked over at Lucius, and after a bit he nodded.

"I will cease and desist torturing Sni--I mean Severus. I can't vouch for the others, but I will not raise my hand against him. As for Remmy," He smiled, he's more maraurderish than you realize. Some of our best pranks were thought up by him."

Gently Sirius picked up Lucius's hand and laced their fingers before bringing it up to his lips and kissing the back, smiling at Lucius as he looked through the fringe of his bangs.

"Then allow this Sirius, the Griffyndor whom is charming Slytherin, to escort you to the dance. Allow me for one night to be the charming man that I was raise to be but never really had a chance or reason to display. Will you, Lucius Malfoy do me the honor of being my date to the Hallowe'en Ball?"

As he waited Sirius directed the carpet to fly over the black lake, the pale moonlight rippling off the waves in shining drops as the giant squid raised one ghostly tentacle and waved in their direction.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:42 am

"That's fine. At it will be lightened some what." He thought back to his friend, probably making a trench in the ground by pacing by now. "Really? So that dung bomb off the balcony- was that him? If so, I'll have to send him a nicely worded 'thank you' note." He scowled slightly, but shook it off as he looked to Sirius kissing his hand. He considered his proposal- and so far, so good. Sirius had impressed him so far.

He looked at Sirius's face, studying him carefully. He seemed sincere. This did not seem like a joke. It might be alright to discontinue his normal policies toward Gryffindors just this once. "Yes, I will Sirius- I will go with you to the Hallowe'en ball."

Lucius caught the glimpse of the squid, his eyes growing wide. "Sirius look! Down there, it's the squid in the black lake! ...I'll have to tell the Mundungus twins that it does actually exist." He nodded, glancing back to Sirius. "Now, unless I was mistaken, you mentioned dancing tonight. Let's get to it, hm? I'm getting cold and I will not lie- Dancing is my favorite hobby."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 11:13 am

"So I did." With a smile Sirius tapped the rug and it swung around and headed back to the pitch, coasting a quicker speed than it had taken off with. Soon they swooped through one of the goals and the circled the pitch as they descended slowly. When they finally came to a stop they were standing in the middle of the field.

Sirius stepped off the rug first and held his hand out for Lucius, smiling as with his other hand he gave a flick of his wand and the strains of a waltz filled the air around them.

"Will you, Lucius Malfoy give me the honor of this dance?"

It was very formal and Sirius for the first time in his life didn't care that he was abiding by the laws of his bloodlines; all that mattered was that he had impressed Lucius enough for him to go to the ball with him. What happened afterwards, if they stayed cordial or if they returned to their bickering ways was yet to be determined but for this point in time they were at peace with each other and that was the way Sirius wanted it to be.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Lucius was content for the moment- ask him to dance or to a dance, and he was unusually complacent. However, he was still a little cold, and danced closer to Sirius for warmth than he ever would have given this was a first dance with someone he hadn't trusted before. Sirius's warmth felt nice- and he smelt damn good.

The fall air nipped at them, but not unpleasantly so. He swayed elegantly in his white fur cloak, his body pressed to the other teen's.

"I suppose I should begin thinking of my wardrobe for the Hallowe'en Ball. As you can imagine, I want my costume to be something else. I'd also like to surprise you as well, so I'm keeping you in the dark about it." He smirked and then stopped, listening off in the distance. "...I don't believe we're alone, Sirius." He wrinkled his nose. "Mundunguses!"

"D'aww." The twins poked their heads out from the slytherin tower. "We wanted to see the peaceful meeting between the houses for ourselves. Torney and Alabastor from hufflepuff are here!"

Lucius made a face. "So I see. Sirius, I believe our date is being infringed upon by nosy students. I suggest a change of venue- if you want to follow me." He said and took the other's hand, leading him off toward the castle.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 12:29 am

Sirius looked up at the tower and flicked his wand, sending a shower of water the other teen's way as he followed behind Lucius. After a smirk he shook his head and wondered where in the world Lucius was taking him too.

He knew he should have been a bit more careful, after all once they were in the school things were going to change back..weren't they? It was the one thing that Sirius wondered about the most, though he was surprised that he cared at all; after all after the dance they didn't need to converse ever again. As that thought filtered through Sirius' mind he felt a pang of sadness and wondered when in the hell he'd changed so much.

The front foyer was deserted this time of night and tonight wasn't any different; not even the dilapidated cat Norris was around to watch the with her bright yellow eyes as they moved through the halls.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:01 pm

"This way." Lucius murmured and lead Sirius up a series of staircases to the seventh floor. "Not many people know of it- because not many people trigger the room." He murmured and finally came to a stop outside of a seemingly harmless wall. "Sometimes it moves, but for me, it's always been on this floor. Hopefully... it will show itself today as well. Let us see."

He bowed his head and concentrated on what he required- which was what he usually required- some place quiet to think. The doors to the room slowly appeared, so when he lifted his head, the room had fully formed.

"Ah, good." He said proudly. "It worked." Lucius opened the doors and stepped inside. "This is the room of requirement, Sirius. It shows up when a person... requires a room. And not just for a trivial reason, but has real need of it. It usually comes equipped with what the person needs as well." Sure enough, the room had a smooth dance floor and a wide open space. "We may continue dancing in here- uninterrupted."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hallowe'en Ball
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: In School :: Dining Hall-
Jump to: