The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Hallowe'en Ball

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:45 pm

Lily remained in the girl's dorm, not wanting to move from her bed. She was still mad at it all- being loyal she stuck by Severus. She liked Remus a lot, he was a fellow prefect with her, and a nice guy. Severus wouldn't do anything to hurt him, she was certain of that.

For one thing, Remus treated Severus with humanity, which was something that was so often denied to him. It made her sick. She knew her best friend wasn't a monster. There was good in him, and why others didn't bother to even try to see it bothered her more than she'd ever know or understand.

-

Lucius laid back on the pillows, looking tired, spent. but very happy. "That was something else, Sirius Black. And if anyone tries to say that you're not, I'll hit them so hard upside their fool heads they'll forget their names." Lucius winked up at him, smiling as he kissed his hand.

"Hurt me?" Lucius blinked and shook his head. "Oh no. Oh, Sirius- I'm fine. I'm not made of glass, though I do look like a fragile flower." He teased. "Father says it's my best defense. No one would expect me to be able to do the things I do until it's too late."

He gently traced his fingers over the mark on his neck. "I'm so sorry- this didn't sting or anything did it? I just... got caught up in the moment and felt like I had to put my mark on you. Suppose we're even, aren't we?" He drawled out, trailing a finger down his chest.

-

"I thought it would be an excellent way to earn some extra money. I don't... I didn't want to look shabby for when we go. I have no other way to make money, and I doubt I could get a job in Hogsmede."

He played with the frayed edge of his robe. Looks weren't important to him, as Lucius stuck by him while he was poor, a half blood, and as his blonde friend put it- made of sticks. He had offered Severus money, but he never took it, being too proud. Unless it was for something like a service- such as a tutoring session- he took the money.

"Lily is different. No girl ever wanted to be friends with me." He pulled at the grass a little. "I'm pleased to have three friends. I've never had that many before. I stayed away from people as a child, except for Lily. My home life's not... ideal." He frowned at the thought. "Warmth wasn't exactly encouraged by any stretch of the imagination. ...I suppose we can go and take a walk toward the forest." He suggested. "But not long of one. I don't like to be around the forest toward evening."
Back to top Go down
Remus J. Lupin

Remus J. Lupin

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:19 pm

James headed back up to the dorm, wrenching the door open and stopping when he seen Sirius and Lucius tangled on the bed. He closed his eyes and slammed the door shut, shouting through it as he tried to rid himself of the image of his best friend naked.

"Gods you two, put on some clothes or at least close the curtains around the bed if you're going to do that. What if poor Peter had wandered in here? You'd have given him a heart attack."

Sirius reached up to touch the bite mark and grinned. "To tell the truth Lucius I didn't even feel it. I was too lost to other feelings to really care."

He reached down to kiss at the mark he'd left on the pale throat but jumped as the door was thrown open. He was too stunned at being caught that he didn't think to pull the covers up over them and laid blinking at James. When the door slammed back shut again he turned red and buried his face in Lucius's hair.

"Forgive me Lucius. I forgot to put a ward on the door." He moved from the bed and grabbed a fluffy bath robe before pulling the covers up over Lucius and kissing his forehead with grin. "However the sight of you naked in my bed is something that I quite like, so I'll be back in a few moments."

He opened the door and looked down at James, half annoyed and half amused at his mates intrusion.

"Well?"

James squinted up at him to make sure he was clothed before opening his eyes fully, his lips quirked in a frown.

"Next time put a tie on the door or something, warn a man will ya."

Sirius laughed as he ran a hand through his hair. "Yeah, I forgot, heat of the moment and all that."

James waved his hands with a very distinct, do-not-want-details expression his face. "Don't!" He cleared his throat before going on. "Siri, I know you're in deep in the snakes pit. But I want you to help me make sure that Snivellus isn't going to hurt Moony. You know what can happen if that greasy git finds out what Moons is. We could loose him forever."

"James.....you're overreacting. I think....well I think that they'd be good for one another. Now hear me out." He threw in before James could interrupt. "Snape is Remus's intellicutual equal. He can give Moons what we can't. Perhaps....perhaps it would be good for the both of them, Snape doesn't have that many friends and neither does Moony, he's got you, me and Peter. Snape has Lucius and Lily..."

"I know." James scowled. "We just rowed over it."

Sirius shook his head before continuing. "I'm not going to step in James unless it looks like Moons is going to get into trouble or be extremely hurt. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go back in and climb back into bed with Lucius and take a little nap. All that exerscise wore me out."

James pulled a face and stood, heading down to the common room without saying anything else. With a smirk Sirius let himself back into the room, warded the door and crawled back in bed with Lucius, sliding under the covers and wrapping around him as he kissed him softly.

"Miss me?"

----

Remus looked over towards the forest and nodded. "Yes, I agree being near the forest around dusk or dark is just asking for trouble." He stood and held his hand out to Severus, grinning at him. "Well just so you know, it doesn't matter to me the state of your robes Severus, all that matter is that you have a good time with me and that we don't end up getting roped into any of the other's pranks."

He studied Severus for a moment before cocking his head to the side and letting his eyes wander. "I don't think you're made of sticks....well not the frail kind. I'm thinking more like bamboo. It's a hardy wood that while it bends it takes a lot of force to break. That's something that will come in handy when you get older Severus...just make sure that you don't forget to bend a little every once in a while. Unwinding is good for the soul." His eyes took on a sad tilt as he bent down and brushed the back of his knuckles against Severus's cheek.

"I'm sorry Severus about what you have a home....and hopefully my touching and playfulness won't make you uncomfortable, despite my pr--erm...I mean the way the things are at home, my family is still very close and we'd do anything for anyone we consider friend or family, and now that we've decided to be friends, that includes you Severus."
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans

Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Lucius sat in bed, completely mortified. Once Sirius covered him up he proceeded to cover himself up further so that his head was completely covered. He blinked up at the fabric, unsure of what to think until Sirius came back. When he did, he looked at him with a pained expression.

"Oh, Sirius- your best friend saw me naked. How can I look at him without him knowing what I look like? There's a layer of mystery that needs to be placed and never breeched." He still looked red faced and mortified. "James Potter knows what I look like naked." He mumbled and buried his face in his hands. "...What did he want that required emotionally scarring us both, hm?"

Right after he spoke, he heard a banging on the door. "Merlin, Gryffindors are nosey- are all of you at the beck and call of each other at all times of the day?" Not wanting a repeat of what just happened he ducked under the covers. "He's busy! Take a bloody number and come back later!"

"It's Evans, Malfoy!" Lily said impatiently. "I want in. I have to talk to Black."

"He's busy!" Lucius called back, wrapping his arms around him.

"He can answer for himself. Black, I need to talk to you! ...It really is important."

Lucius sighed and looked to Sirius. "Well love, up to you. Next time we do this in my dorm."

-

Severus hesitated for just a moment before reaching out to take his hand. As they walked, he thought about what Remus said. "That's good to know, Remus. But it still isn't acceptable. Contrary to what people may say about me, I don't like wearing threadbare robes, patched up, torn clothing. I'd rather not wear that to the ball, even if it doesn't bother you."

He kept his eyes on the grass as they walked, not because he didn't want to look at Remus in the face, but because he found it easier at times to listen to the words and the meanings when he looked at something. He did look up, however, when Remus touched his face.

"Bamboo...? I suppose... And I don't unwind. My wind up key broke off. I'm permanently wound, I'm afraid." He joked, sighing gently at Remus's words. "I... well... It will take some time to get used to. Life is strange for me, Remus. Don't... take things I do the wrong way. You are the only one who has ever shown any interest in me other than Lily. If I seem distant, don't... think that I'm being cruel. Know that my commitment to you as a friend and something more is growing it's... just... sometimes it takes certain parts of me longer to catch up." He lead them over to a large rock, sitting down on it. "Being a part of a real family would be wonderful. It's something I've always wanted-- even if it was just for one day." He murmured, looking over to Remus.

"What about you? I've told you about myself... your turn."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Sirius rolled his eyes and waved his wand to open the door. He made no move to get up however and just waved Lily into the room, placing himself right in front of Lucius to shield him mostly from view.

"Lils, what a surprise. You just missed your future husband. I fear I scarred him for life however. He got the rare glimpse of yours truly and the only other most beautiful male in Hogwarts naked. A treat in the highest form. Though I doubt he seen it that way." He smirked as he reached behind him and rubbed at Lucius's thigh before continuing. "So how may I assist you Lils."

----

Remus laughed as he dropped down onto the grass before the rock that Severus had taken up residence on. He opened his mouth and then closed it again, forcing himself to think about what he was going to say. After a moment he started, clearing his throat first.

"Well I'm an only son, my mum is a human and my dad is a wizard. Mum doesn't mind the magical world and learns as much as she can about it so that dad doesn't have to feel like he has to explain everything for her. We're not well off Severus, mum scrapes together everything just to get the books I need each year and I do odd things around the castle and Hogsmeade for extra money during the year to get money for robes when I have to absolutely have them. Though James and Sirius keep their better ones and give them to me."

Right on the tip of his tongue was the shameful secret that he kept from the rest of the world and he wanted to tell Severus but he knew how his kind were looked down upon and even if they were just shy of being outcasts, that might even prove too much of a burden on their newly formed friendship. He forced a smile as he leaned back on his hands and stretched his feet out in front of him.

"That's about it. The rest you know, I'm the only Marauder that isn't in detention most times and I can't reign my friends in for anything because I'm just little Moony and everyone uses me as a door mat."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:02 am

"Oh, Merlin... I'm sorry." Lily flushed looking at the two of them- well, mostly Sirius as Lucius was busily hiding himself from view. "I didn't know you two were going er... all the way..." She said and had to bite her tongue to prevent giggling. "You two make a good couple, you know. So... I'll make it quick."

Lucius appreciated the hand on his thigh, but he still moved completely behind Sirius, resting his chin on his shoulder. "Mmmph. Thanks, Evans."

"I had a falling out with Potter-"

"That's a problem?"

"Hush, Malfoy." She frowned. "Now, listen. It's about Sev- I... we got into it. Potter seems to think that Sev's just an ass and he doesn't care-- but I know better. Sev's not like that, despite what some people might think. He's not a monster. He's just cynical."

"And sarcastic." Lucius added. "Very sarcastic. But you're right, he's not."

"Potter thinks Sev will hurt Remus, but I don't think he will. Sev's loyal, he's only got me and Malfoy as friends, and... I can't see him doing anything to hurt either one of us. ...Save for that one time he called me a mudblood in our fifth year, but I blame the lot of you for pissing him off with your stupid pranks. I just... I know this is a lot to ask, but... would you mind trying to tell Potter to give Sev a chance?"

-

"My mother's a pureblooded witch. My father's a muggle, but he's not like your mother. He hates everything magical. ...Take that as you would, but you're a smart man Remus." He thought of his mother's snapped wand on the dirty mantle piece, sitting there like a trophy. "He just... he hates us." Severus said, unable to stop himself from speaking.

"He hits my mother, he hits me. He makes me so mad." Severus growled and kicked a rock in front of him. "He thinks we're both freaks. He's ashamed of us. We're not well off either. He works in the mill and spend the majority of his money on booze at the local pub. We didn't have working water for weeks because of him. It was terrible."

His shoulders slumped in shame. "Please... don't tell anyone. I've only ever told Lily and Lucius about it. Lily pretty much figured it out, and Lucius wouldn't leave me alone about the black eye I had come back from winter break with when we were first years..."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Sirius laughed at Lily and Lucius's biplay, at least there was one Gryffindor that didn't mind that they had formed an attachment. He scowled however at Lily a moment later.

"Really? Do you think that I have that much pull over James? Lils, I like you ok? But I'm going to tell you the same thing I told James. I'm not getting involved unless it looks like Moony....OR Severus..." He added when he felt Lucius pinch him in the side. "Are going to get hurt. I just can't change James's mind. He's set in his ways."

With Lily scowling at him Sirius threw his hands up in the air with a groan. "Fine! I'll see what I can do." He reached behind him and ran his fingers through Lucius's hair. "Now...if you please Lily....unless of course you want to watch?"

He smirked as he turned his head and took Lucius's lips in a gentle kiss, nipping them before pulling away and looking back at Lily.

"Well?"

-----

Remus frowned as he sat up straight and put his hand on Severus's knee. "I won't tell any one. You have my word." He smiled a bit as he pulled on the hem of Severus's robe. "We could always send Lily in after your father. I bet that red headed terror could teach him a few things."

The smile dropped however as he fell quiet. Remus couldn't fathom how anyone could hate their own flesh and blood, and most times when it looked bad between a muggle and a witch/wizard the marriage was anulled or ended in divorce and the parties went their separate ways; normally with the muggle aspect having their memory reworked.

With sad eyes Remus got to his feet and wrapped his arms around Severus in a very loose hug. The world was a cruel place and while he could get away from it at home, he never realized that there were those that didn't have the same escape.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Lily pouted at Sirius. "I don't mean to put you in the middle, but this is getting potentially dangerous. This is supposed to be a positive thing, and it's really not--"

Lucius made a face. "Now hold on, the both of you. That's... that is true. Tensions are fairly high between the lot of us, and they shouldn't be. My best friend is dating one of your best friends and we should be happy for them now rather than worrying about what might happen. Maybe they'll find out they aren't good for each other, maybe they'll get married. We just don't know."

Lily slumped her shoulders. He had a point. "We are all acting like gits, aren't we. Well.... what do you suggest, Malfoy?"

"We take a trip. We'll stay at the manor for the weekend- no one's there but house elves and the caretaker. Father's on a mission for the ministry so it'll be all to ourselves. Evans, Sirius, Severus, Remus, Potter, and myself. It will force us to try and get a long some how." Lucius looped his arms further around Sirius. "Because despite everything... every piece of bad history between us all, I'd rather see us all get together than be split apart. I'd like for your friends to not feel tension around me, Sirius. I'm sure Sev feels the same way..."

Lily looked to Sirius. "I'm down if you are. And..." She twisted her hands in the sheets. "Sorry about er... interrupting you like this. I know you're... ahem... busy."

-

Severus blinked at the loose hug. Only Lily hugged him openly. Lucius did once, when he was thrilled about something Severus had done- and never did it again because Lucius knew how he was about being touched. Remus didn't know, but still- this was actually nice.

He was upset and someone comforted him. He wrapped his arms back around Remus carefully, awkwardly. He let him go, sitting back on the rock. "I'm certain she would." He cleared his throat. "It's getting dark, Remus. We should head back. And... I know I can trust you, Remus- I can't trust many others, but... there's something about you I can rely on."
Back to top Go down
Remus J. Lupin

Remus J. Lupin

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:49 am

Sirius sat and thought about it, weighing the pros and cons before nodding. "I think it's a good idea. Really the only wild card is James. We've pretty much made peace with each other, I can't deny that I don't harbor some enmity towards Severus but...BUT because he's your friend Lucius I want to try and get past that so that you don't feel like you'd ever have to choose between us two."

He grinned as he leaned against Lucius, smirking at Lily. "I don't mind Lily, but unless you're looking to watch and we're done talking...." He let his words trail off as he arched his eyebrow and rubbed at Lucius's thigh.

----

"Good. Trust is a good basis for a friendship." Remus smiled as grabbed the basket and turned towards the castle.

The look on Severus's face at the hug saddened him but the loosely returned hug made him smile and he was happy that he could give that one piece of solitude to someone that really needed. As they walked he looked over at Severus from the corner of his eyes, watching him before clearing his throat.

"Severus, the winter holidays are coming up...I was wondering...perhaps you'd like to come home with me and spend them there? I can owl Mum and have her ready the extra room we have if you want too."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 3:04 pm

"We need something to bring us all together." Lily said absently. "A weekend trip might be just the thing." She wondered what in the devil good it would do going to a place like Malfoy manor together, but at the very least she could say that she had been there. "And... ew. No, I'm not going to stick around. I suppose we'll have to speak to Potter about this. Along with Remus and Severus. I'll... see if I can figure a good way to bring up our adventure to the both of them."

Lucius nodded slowly. "I will handle Severus. I will speak to him myself, we live in the same house together." He watched Lily as she stood up. "Plan for this weekend."

She nodded. "Very well. See you both later.." Lily gave them a slight wave and left the room.

Lucius let out a sigh. "I hope this helps, Sirius. Being torn apart is not something I like thinking about. Either myself from you, or torn away from Severus. I am certain you wouldn't want to be separated from your friends either for something as foolish as pigheadedness and an unwillingness to try and get along with each other."

-

Severus looked at him in surprise. "Oh... Are... you certain you'd want me there?" He asked as they walked toward the castle. "I would like that, I think. Especially if it means I can experience one decent Christmas. You're sure your family wouldn't mind a guest?" He asked sounding unsure. "It is a time for family." Normally he spent the remainder of Christmas with Lily, and her family- after they had experienced the joy of the holiday together. He didn't want to impose himself on their happiness.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 2:05 am

Sirius sighed and laid back down, pulling Lucius so that he was draped across him. Tendrils of Lucius's hair were falling around them and he reached up and tucked them behind Lucius's ear.

"No. I don't want that, and I would never ask you to choose between me and Severus...and...well I'd turn my back on them....or rather just James if he pushed the issue. And really James is going to be the one with the most issue about it all. He has this hatred of Slytherins....really any house that I can't explain. I'm sure that even if you were Ravenclaws or Hufflepuffs he'd still find a reason to complain about it."

He kissed Lucius lightly as he smiled. "But lets cross that bridge when we come to it."

----

Remus nodded. "Of course. I wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it. And you won't be no bother. Mum likes when I have friends over from school. It lets her know that I am not being antisocial." He laughed a little as they drew nearer and nearer to the castle. Putting on a firm face that was hard to keep up even as he looked at the pallid young man. "Don't give me that. You're coming home with me and that's final."
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans

Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm

"Well. Slytherins and Gryffindors... they're like oil and water until there's something that brings them together. He's got to get over it. The world outside of Hogwarts isn't necessarily all about houses. The lines of character are far more blurred- and if you can't judge the people in your own house due to blind loyalty, you're doomed for a rather rude awakening. However... that could be Slytherin realism stepping on through. A trait we hold dear." He smiled at the kiss, kissing the tip of his nose.

"I'll approach Potter if you want. I can goad him into going, I think. I don't want you to have another falling out with him. He's... your best friend. He might hate me, and I understand-- but I am going to try to get him to see that I am not horrible for you." He laid down on Sirius, his head on his chest. "As for now, I think we should get some sleep before we head down to dinner."

-

"You would never strike me as anti-social. Just quiet." He shrugged and felt himself smile a bit at the firm face on Remus's face. "Oh, alright. I won't ever disagree with that look." Once they were back inside the castle, Severus paused before they were due to separate. "Remus- I had a good time tonight- I appreciate the time we spent. It's good to have another friend."

He liked Lucius and Lily of course, but Remus was different from them both. "Diversity is a good thing... I will see you in class tomorrow. Don't let Potter rope you into being a test subject for the potion." He made a face at that.
Back to top Go down
Remus J. Lupin

Remus J. Lupin

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Sirius laughed before nodding. "If you want to approach James then Lucius I'm not going to stand in your way. Just...try not to hex him into teenie, tiny bits please. It's too hard to put those pieces back together." He yawned and rubbed at Lucius's back. "I believe that you are quite right Lucius, a nap will do us some good."

He gently raised Lucius's chin and captured his lips in a soft, slow kiss; slipping his tongue between Lucius's lips and tasting him fully before pulling away and tightening his arms around the blonde.

"See you on the other side of sleep veil." He murmured as his eyes started to flutter close.

----

Remus laughed out loud at Severus's face before he leaned in and whispered in his ear, "If I'm going to test that out with anyone, then we will have to find ourselves a deserted class room."

He smirked as he pulled away, straightening his robe and tie and looking around at the students that milled around them. No one paid them any attention and Remus wondered if they would even look their way if he was buggering Snape right in their midst.

"I had a great time tonight Severus and I can't wait until we do it again. Enjoy your night Severus and don't study too hard."

He touched Severus's hand briefly before turning and heading back to Gryffindor Tower; smiling and bouncing just a bit.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:59 pm

"Sleep well, Sirius." Lucius murmured to him and pecked his lips once more before watching the other teen drift to sleep. Once he was certain he was asleep, Lucius wiggled away. He had work to do, the sooner the better. He cast a quick cleaning charm on himself and his hair for good measure before getting ready. However, finding his own clothing was going to be difficult. He rooted around and found his pants, and what he thought was his shirt-- only to find that once he put it on, it was Sirius's. It was a bit bigger on him, as his build was tall and lithe- though with his father's lessons over the summers he was gaining some muscle.

The shirt smelt like Sirius, which made him hesitate when it came to removing it. He found that he couldn't, and decided he'd give it back in due time. He peeked out of the curtain, finding the dorm room empty. Which meant everyone else was most likely in the common room or out to dinner.

He started searching for his shoes, but quickly gave up out of frustration. He wasn't going far anyway. He quietly walked down the stairs toward the common room, keeping close to the wall and out of sight. He glanced around from his position against the wall by the door to the boy's dorm room. He didn't see Evans- of course not- she'd be the easiest one to spot. He scowled slightly, looking to see if he could spot Potter before he himself was spotted.

-

"I did too, Remus. Take care of yourself." He waved to him and started back toward Slytherin. By now most people would have eaten already, but he was full. He contemplated going to look for Lucius, but he figured he knew exactly where the blonde was, and that was in Gryffindor tower. Deciding to rest amongst his fellow snakes, he went down to the dungeons to the common room.

He sat down on the large sofa, staring up at the common room ceiling, deep in thought as he considered what it would be like to be in a happy house for the holidays.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:56 pm

James had given up trying to come to terms with the insanity that had seemed to grip those in his dorm. First was Sirius; deflecting to the Slytherin side because of bet they'd made. And then Remus; all do to a potion that Slughorn had stated would be on their OWL's and therefore needed. It seemed as snake fever had taken up residence in the lion's den and he scowled as he stared moodily into the cheerful flickering flames of the fire.

Around him others were coming in from dinner and being in the surly mood that he was in he didn't want to converse, nor put up with any number of the simpering girls that had come to watch him zoom around the Quidditch pitch on his mind clearing ride. With a huff he vacated the chair and started towards the dorm, hoping that Sirius and Lucius had decided to put some clothes on.

His fear of finding them a'natural again was unfounded when he nearly bumped right in Lucius hovering the stair well. He scowled and pulled the Slytherin away from the open door and into the one of the many wall hanging covered alcoves that lined the steps up to the boy's door room. With a scowl he sound proofed the private area and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well? I figured you would have still be in bed." He growled as he flicked his eyes over the mussed appearance of the princess of Slytherin. "Are you looking to get caught or something?"

----

Remus, though completely full from his picnic with Severus did find himself back in the great hall for dinner; though he was only sitting there for appearance sake and after a few moments retreated to his favorite place in the school other than the dorm room--the library.

There weren't many books that Remus hadn't read but there was one on advanced potion's making that had caught his interest the day he'd accidently ran across it in a search for a paper for Professor Binns. He'd been skimming through it; most of his curiosity reserved for the Wolf's Bane potion that had been in the back. The ingredients were those that the student cupboard would never have and he sighed as he read it's benefits.

If only I could afford to have this made every full moon. I would be nothing more than a content pup to lay about in a locked classroom. No more running wild, no more close calls with the boys when I turn my attentions to them after that change. No more unregistered Animagi worries hanging over their head. He scowled hard as he closed the book and pushed it away. If only I wasn't a werewolf at all. Then I wouldn't even have to worry about it.

The happy feeling from earlier started to deflate and he closed his eyes to remind himself that Severus was coming home with him over winter break. Thankfully the moon would happen two days before the end of term so he didn't have to worry about that coming out. He just hoped that he didn't tear himself up too bad during the transformation that it was noticable.

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:05 pm

"No!" Lucius said hollowly. "I was looking for you." He ran a hand through his mused hair and winced. As he ran his hands through it, it straightened back to normal.

"Listen. I was talking to Evans and Sirius earlier. We're all a mess right now. Everything we're used to is completely upside down. Snakes are dating lions, I reside in your best friend's bed, and Evans- who will always side with Sev- remains fairly unobtainable for you. Not to mention, my best friend is showing interest in another one of yours."

He straightened up with a smirk. "While I don't mind the change one bit, I believe you do. And because, despite popular opinion, I can put others feelings over m3y own, I don't want Sirius to lose his best friend over this." The smirk faded. "Friends are important. I'm being honest with you, Potter. I'm not a bad person. I think you just need something to see that." He said quietly.

"This weekend I've invited Sirius, Evans, Sev and Lupin- when I see them- and you to my manor. My father's away on an antiquities trip, the manor's empty. Without Hogwarts, without all the stupid rivalries getting in the way, we should take the opportunity to get to know each other. So... what do you say? Will you be joining us?"

-

Lily stumbled out of the girl's dorm after having a nap. She felt some what guilty about getting to such a stupid spat with James. Why couldn't they all be normal people and be happy that their friends were all getting together?

She knew Remus decently well, he couldn't be the fragile flower James was making him out to be. He seemed relatively stable. Something had to be going on that she didn't know about- maybe he had a bad relationship before and never really got over it- that could be.

It wasn't her business to pry anyway. She paused when she heard the sounds of Lucius's voice- she'd know it anywhere after bickering with him for seven years. She carefully walked over to the room she heard it coming to, keeping herself close to the wall so she could eavesdrop. After all, eavesdropping wasn't snooping.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:49 pm

James scowled and crossed his arms over his chest; his eyes narrowed as he looked at Lucius. He knew better than to trust someone that was up to their eyeballs in dark goings on. However...Malfoy had said that Lily was going to be there, and he was certain that Sirius was going to be keeping Lucius busy and with whatever was going between Severus and Remus...well it would give him time to win Lily back over to himself.

He didn't however like the fact that he would alone in Malfoy manor with two Slytherins. The more he thought on it the more he felt it was a trap and he pursed his lips as he pinned Lucius with his eyes.

"How do I know that this isn't a trap to get me out of the way? Forgive me if I don't let my gaurd down as easily as Sirius does. You can say one thing but your actions of the past say another and while I'm willing to go along to support my friends I won't be forgetting anything." He knew that he sounded like a toerag, but he couldn't just put everything behind him and forget it just because Sirius was thinking with his prick and not his brain.

"However I will go, if only to keep an eye on Sirius and Remus and make sure they don't do anything too out of the way."

----

Sirius stretched, feeling sated and warm. A smile curved his lips as he reached out for Lucius with his eyes closed, thinking that the blonde had rolled away from him in slumber. But when he didn't feel Lucius's warm body he opened his eyes and frowned; finding the bed empty.

He climbed from the bed and grabbed some pants, slipping them on and heading down to the common room even though he hoped that Lucius hadn't wandered that far. He was fairly certain that the other Gryffindors wouldn't like the fact that a Slytherin had wandered into their midst.

As he wandered down the stair way he caught sight of Lily looking curiously at a tapestry and with a grin he snuck up behind her, grabbing her sides with a soft "Hah!" He smirked as she jumped, crossing his arms over his chest when she whirled around. "What are you doing Lily Flower?"
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans

Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Lucius stared at James, his mouth open for a moment before he shut it and ground his teeth together. "Do you think I'm a fool? Do you think I'd invite you to the manor, murder you, and leave bits of you around MY home for the aurors to find-- after I just got done telling you that I don't want you to lose your friendship with my boyfriend mere seconds ago. Your powers of listening and comprehension are absolutely astounding. Your parents must be oh so proud." He scowled at him and shook his head.

"Listen, Potter, I offered up my place because it's large and empty. There's plenty of room for everyone, and I hate that it's empty now as that tends to attract thieves. And where else would we all go, hm? To your place with your parents around? Not exactly a good place for one who fancies a certain red head to get chummy with mumsie and daddy hanging around. Same goes for Lupin, can't be comfortable with parents looming every couple of minutes. Evans has that nasty sister, and she'd sure love to rat on a wizard like yourself for getting handsy if we went there. And Sev? We can't go there because..." He trailed off and frowned. "Just because."

-

"Oh! Shhhh." She whispered and pointed to where she was listening. "I'm being nosey. Your er... Malfoy and Potter are discussing. It's absolutely fascinating." She said and went back to listening. After awhile she made a face at what they were talking about.

Lily flushed as dark as her hair. "I... I'm going to wring Potter's neck. If he plans on getting handsy with me, I'll punch him right in the face." She muttered to Sirius. "Honestly."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:32 pm

James scowled, his hands balling into fists at his sides. "Look, I said I would go and I don't put anything past you. The fact that Sirius has been blinded by your glorious arse has not past my notice. You want me to lay aside all the animosity between us and act like things are perfect? I can't do that. Actions speak louder than words Malfoy, and you have too many ill actions for me too look past."

His face colored hard as he pictured trying to woo Lily under his Mum's nose but he shook the picture away gritted his teeth. "You want to speak about my listening skills but you're not listening to me. I'm going because Sirius is my friend and so is Remus and I'm going to be there when you and your buddy muck things up. And I have no doubt that you will, so it's only a matter of time."

James gripped the side of the tapestry and went to pull it open but stopped, growling at Lucius before leaving. "And the next time you want to bugger in the Tower do me the favor and put something up so that I can spare my eyes the horror of seeing my best mate naked."

He stepped from behind the tapestry and stopped; his face still flush red when he spotted Lily and Sirius. "Ha...hullo."

----

Sirius shook his head as he listened to Lucius and James bicker. He'd known that it wouldn't be easy but James had said that he'd go so maybe there was hope that things could get straightened out. He smirked at James's embarrassment.

"Prongsie. I would be jealous that you were behind there with Lucius but I think that you'd have been hexed to bits if you tried anything."

He laughed as James narrowed his eyes and punched his shoulder before storming back up to the tower. He peeked behind the tapestry and smiled at Lucius. "So, how'd it go?"
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans

Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:36 am

Lucius growled out. "I was merely trying to explain that it isn't a trap- Potter wait!" He said and went out after him. When he did attempt to leave he collided with Sirius. "Oh! Sorry." He said apologetically and kissed his forehead where they met. "Oh, it went as well as when cats and dogs argue, Sirius. Nasty, with lots of yowling and barking." He brushed his hair back over his shoulder. "But he's going."

Lily looked disgruntled. "Potter's trying to woo me."

"Well, of course he is. He left before I could tell him that wooing you would be similar to wooing a dead fish however-"

Lily punched him in the arm. "Shut it, Malfoy!"

Lucius smirked. "But yes- we're all in for the weekend then, save Lupin and Sev. I'll speak with Sev tonight when I get back to the dorm."

"Which is EXACTLY where you should be right now, Mr. Malfoy."

The rigid voice of McGonagall snapped him right out of his thoughts. He turned to look at the base of the stairs where she was standing with her arms firmly crossed over her chest. "Pr-professor... I..."

"100 points from Slytherin for sneaking into a house that isn't your own!" She stormed up the stairs, grabbing him by his ear. "Now out with you!"

"OW! But my shoes! This isn't even my shirt!" He protested as he was lead out of the house by his ear.

"Out out out!" She said and once he was gone, something dawned on her. McGonagall returned moments later, looking to Sirius and Lily. "And just why is Malfoy missing his shoes and not wearing his shirt?" She asked utterly bewildered as she looked to the both of them.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Sirius looked at Lily with the deer in the headlights looks before pinning McGonagall with the best smile he could. He even moved around and put an arm around her shoulders, bending his head in to speak to her as if sharing a great confidence.

"Minnie, I was improving interhouse relations. Malfoy had found the brunt of an extremely ill thought out prank. Not by yours truly of course, but he was in some pain. He didn't want to go to the hospital wing however because he'd sprouted some unsightly teeth and long dark hair. It was a mess. Now, I've been the butt of the hex before from James so I knew how to fix it. I had him come up here so I could patch him up and send him on his way. We just didn't get to the on the way yet. He's without a shirt because I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss any hair. He grabbed the first thing he found--my shirt. Please don't take it out on the lad, he's had a rough day so far and to announce it and have Professor Slughorn speak to him would be the ending to a horrible day."

He hadn't realized that he'd moved McGonagall away from the stair well and was so intent on trying to wriggle himself and Lucius out of trouble he didn't see Remus return to the common room.

----

Remus had just wandered around for a bit before heading back to the tower, he'd already finished his homework for the week so he could just relax--and push James away when he tried to get him to test the potions. However the odd sight of Sirius holding Professor McGonagall close and whispering in confidence to her had him scratching his head and he moved over to where Lily was watching silently

"What's going on?" He asked in a whisper.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:41 am

McGonagall raised a skeptical eyebrow at him. "Mmmhmmm. And when did we get to be on a first name basis, Sirius Black?" She said and gave him the eye. "So I see. Mr. Malfoy is obsessed with his looks, so I can see that. But... you're certain it has nothing to do with the two of you and your rumored 'relationship'?" She raised an eyebrow at him. "It's the talk of the professor table. One would think we'd have more to talk about. But... I suppose I'll allow you the benefit of the doubt. I'll make sure the points go back to Slytherin." She picked Sirius's arm from off of her shoulders. "Now-- be good."

Lily just shook her head, taking Remus's arm to move him away from Sirius and McGonagall- into the common room out of ear shot. "Oh... Lucius was caught." She made a face. "McGonagall wanted to take away a bunch of points from Slytherin, but... Sirius seems to be talking her out of it." She sighed. "Those two need to be more careful. Oh! You probably don't know about this, since you've been gone the majority of the day. Malfoy invited you, Sev, me, Potter, and Sirius to his home for the weekend. It seems like we're all going. It'll be fun!"

-

Meanwhile, Lucius walked back to the dorms with his tail between his legs and with cold feet. When he saw Severus there, he stuck out his bottom lip- wanting to garner sympathy.

"Please. That doesn't work on me." Severus shook his head and turned a page in the book he was reading. "What happened, anyway?"

"I got caught in the Gryffindor dorms." He moaned and flopped back on the couch. "I cost us points."

Severus reached over and smacked the back of his head. "Arse. Nice going. You need to be more careful!"

"Please, rub more salt into my wounds, Severus." He rolled up his sleeves for dramatic effect. "I already feel like an arse." He scowled looking up to the ceiling with a frown. "I've invited our Gryffindor colleagues to my home this weekend... you included."

"And why would you include me in that illustrious group?" He snapped. "I'd rather not waste a weekend with them--"

"Evans is going. And Lupin. I'm trying to get things to be cordial between us. I'D rather not have things being hostile between us all. I don't like open hostility. And the manor's huge, it's not like I'm asking you to stay in a room with Potter. So... please? Won't you go?"

Severus sighed, weighing his options. "...Fine. FINE. I'll go."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Sirius grinned and grabbing McGonagall, kissing her cheek with a whoop. "Thank you Professor, I always knew that you had a golden heart under that strict school teacher persona." He winked and patted her elbow before bowing solemnly. "I promise that I will stay out of trouble Professor McGonagall, you won't have to worry about me for a great while."

He grinned and again and slipped away, grabbing both Lily and Remus as he moved past and steering them to a underused portion of the common room. His face was split in two with a smile as he sat down in a chair he conjured.

"That was close." He sighed as he wiped his hand over his forehead. "So Lils. Did you tell Remus about our weekend plan?"

Remus colored as he nodded, looking down his feet as he scuffed them. "I heard, and I'm almost wanting to know how you got James to go, but since the rest of us are going I might as well take advantage of it too." Not to mention it'll give me some more time to get to know Severus better.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:35 am

"I did! It seems as if we're all on board for this." Lily grinned. "I'm excited. I've never seen Malfoy's home. He doesn't speak about it much, and he never seems too thrilled to go home for the holidays. It must be a terribly boring place. Which is good, we'll need the neutral ground. It'll be fun, you know. I hope we can come back all stronger from the experience." Her thoughts drifted to James earlier, and their spat over Severus- her look faltered slightly. Maybe over the weekend, James will see that Severus isn't as bad as he thinks he is. ...Or they'll all come back missing body parts.

"I could use a bit of a breather this weekend. I should start packing-- you know us girls, we need at least ten suitcases for a two day trip." She teased.

-

Once Lucius finished speaking with Severus, he found himself staring up at his bed canopy. The manor was in decent shape, half of the large rooms weren't in use. His thoughts drifted up to the attic which was a dangerous place consisting of Abraxas's nastiest finds- living demons- that the older man saw fit to keep in the manor like prizes.

He shuddered. He had to keep the lot of them away from the attic or he would never hear the end of it.

And the basement- if one of them went down there, he doubted he could find them in the vast amount ancient catacombs the manor was built on. He made a face. This was going to be a complicated weekend.

(did you want to skip us to the weekend before they leave for the manor?)
Back to top Go down
Remus J. Lupin

Remus J. Lupin

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:00 pm

(sounds like a plan to me)

Sirius spent most of his time packing and unpacking the clothing that he was going to wear, much to the amusement of both James and Remus. Both boys making the comment that Lucius was rubbing of him and that soon he'd be as prissy as the blonde. Of course those remarks lead to some rather ribald comments of Sirius's own that had Jame's pretending to puke and Remus's ears glowing a bright red.

Soon enough however the weekend was there and the trio waited patiently, well Sirius and Remus were waiting patiently, James was stalking and scowling at being strong armed into spending time with the slimy snakes in the snake pit. Or at least he was until Remus reminded him that Lily was going to be there as well and it was going to be the only time that James would have to really make an impression on her that was good enough to win her over the 'Potter Side'

Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:26 am

Lily looked at her suitcase. She was going to a grand manor- what the hell was appropriate in her wardrobe for that? She made a face and began pacing slowly. She was going to be late in meeting the boys if she delayed packing any longer. She ended up throwing a bunch of other things in the case, and a few toiletries. When she was finished, she lugged her case down toward where she was meeting the boys. "Hey guys!" She said cheerfully. "Malfoy said we're using the fireplace in Slughorn's office to floo to the manor. It's the easiest way to get there."

Severus slowly walked up with Lucius, a tattered, patched up case tucked under his arm. He didn't like the thought of going anywhere with the pack of Gryffindors- despite having a shaky peace with Sirius, a blooming relationship with Remus, and a friendship with Lily. He nodded to them, remaining quiet. He had never been to Lucius's manor, but he could imagine it was going to be lavish- which of course made him all the more self conscious of the thread bare, worn clothing he had in his possession. Lucius made no mention of what he should wear- nor anything else for that matter. He went quiet as the week came to a close, leaving Severus up in the air.

Lucius looked to everyone, nodding to them. "Everyone's here? Excellent. Well- follow me. Slughorn's been kind enough to let us use his fireplace to travel to my home." He cleared his throat. He gave Sirius a smile, but it faded away as quickly as it came. Embarrassment and realization at the state of his ancestral home dawned on him- and there was nothing he could do about it. His father was off on another trip, unable to spruce up the place.

So many of the rooms were closed off, furniture covered- because Abraxas didn't believe in using all that space for two people. The room they were going to floo into was the grand parlor- a long room with massive narrow windows lining the length of it- allowing for skinny rays of light to grace the ancient decorations, paintings and elegant furniture. Or, at least it would if the furniture wasn't covered, and the paintings were able to be viewed- rather than blocked off by sheets. His father hated the portraits, so he had them covered to keep them from shouting or insulting his spartan life style.

What would they think-- especially Potter. He winced at the thought, anticipating some smart little quip. As the group reached Slughorn's office, Lucius grabbed up some floo powder. "It's just father and I- he's not home. He doesn't like to use all the space in the manor." He finally admitted. "Some of the rooms are not what they should be as a result." He looked slightly ashamed, having sided with the portraits- that the manor, regardless of use, should be immaculate no matter what. Appearances were everything to Lucius, and not so much to Abraxas.

"I'll see you there." He turned away from the group, shouting out Malfoy manor, before stepping into the green flames.

"Lily-- ladies first." Severus said and stepped aside to allow her to take her turn traveling to the manor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hallowe'en Ball
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: In School :: Dining Hall-
Jump to: