The Magic In Me
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Harry Potter role-playing site. Slash, het and femslash are allowed.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Hallowe'en Ball

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:58 am

Sirius looked up from his contemplation of the black lake and offered Lucius a small smile.

"I apologize Lucius. I merely had a wealth of things on my mind." He reached over and patted the grass next to him, Severus's words spinning over and over again in his mind. "C'mere Lucius. I have something important to ask you."

The importance of knowing whether or not Lucius thought he was using him was eating away at Sirius slowly. He knew how it must have looked to the others at school--he had a new witch on his arm every other week. But it wasn't that he was incapable of keeping his hands and lips to himself, it was because he hadn't found the one that caused him to forget all others.

However just being near Lucius, feeling his lips soft against his was enough to wipe the memory of everything and everyone from his mind. Just looking at Lucius standing in the pale sunlight with the light making his hair glow was enough to steal his breath and make him stare openly. With a start he shook his head, a blush creeping up his cheeks.

"Sorry Lucius. I don't mean to stare but your beauty, framed by the sunlight just begs to gazed upon."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:54 pm

"Having things on your mind is all well and good, Sirius." He drawled out and sat down beside him. "However... you shouldn't skip out on breakfast." He reached into his bag and pulled out one of the muffins he wrapped up in a napkin. "How will you make it through class on an empty stomach?" He scolded and placed it in his hand. "I would have brought more but I didn't want to make a mess in my bag."

He tilted his head to the side curiously, his blonde hair falling to the side as he looked at Sirius. He smiled at the words, putting a hand on his cheek. He brought his lips in, brushing them against the other teen's. "That was a lovely thing to say, Sirius. Thank you. And if your question will help ease one of the things on your mind, then please- ask away."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:45 pm

Sirius grinned and took the muffin, taking a small bite before looking down and over at Lucius, his hair fall into into his eyes and giving him that errant school boy look. "Yes mother." He responded playfully.

The light kiss to his lips took his breath away and when Lucius pulled away he pouted unconsciously and moved to chase the lips for another ambrosia sweet taste but stopped when he was reminded of why he was out there. He picked up Lucius's hand and brought it to his lips before speaking.

"Lucius, I have to know. Do you think that I'm just using you?" He looked down. "I had a long talk with Severus last night, and...it's plain to see that he cares a great deal for you and his main worry is that I'm going to treat you the same way I treated the other witches. I won't you know. You mean more to me Lucius than anyone else before. In fact, I can't even remember anyone else when you and I sit together." He blushed as he looked up into Lucius's eyes. "I realize that this isn't how you expected me to be but I never expected to feel this way, as if you were to leave that I'd simply stop being...." Sirius stopped while he was head before he completely scared the other wizard away, his eyes once more dropping to their joined hands. "Just know Lucius that I'll never hurt you; in anyway."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:07 pm

"You say that now, but when you're not hungry during class you'll have me to thank." He teased lightly and pushed him gently. He blinked, making a bit of a face.

"Oh that git. So that's why he's been quiet this morning." Lucius looked a bit disgruntled. "I told him last night that your eyes won't wander from me. How could they when the view is so good?" Lucius smirked and gestured to his body before growing serious again.

"I know that you won't stray from me in my heart, and... I do not worry about it. Or at least, no more than I usually would in a relationship. I've seen how you look at me. .......I'll admit- at first I was a bit worried that I may just be another piece of arm candy. But the more I think about it, the more I think of our time together- I don't think you'd hurt me in that way. ...Sev worries for many reasons, but he does know me well. He... He knows I am insecure at times and was most likely looking out for my best interests. Because... I do get nervous about opening up to someone. But I've decided to trust you, to open up to you."

He looked uncomfortable as he shifted his position to look at him. "Because that's what people do in relationships, right? They trust each other." He squeezed Sirius's hands in return. "I have never seen you so sincere." He said softly and leaned in to take in some of the other teen's warmth. "I trust you when you say you will not hurt me. I trust you, Sirius. I hope that this knowledge helps you feel better."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Sirius wrapped his arm around Lucius's shoulder and pulled him close, planting a kiss to Lucius's cheek. "It does Lucius. It makes me feel much better. And I promise that you're trust won't go to waste Lucius."

He laid back and pulled Lucius with him; the muffin left forgotten on the ground as he framed Lucius's face with his hands and kissed him slowly; letting his tongue explore the warm darkness of the other teens mouth as his hands rubbed at Lucius's back. He didn't pull away until there was an extreme shortage of breath and he grinned as he kissed Lucius's nose.

The very public snogging probably wasn't something that Lucius was comfortable with but he couldn't help himself and he was mentally prepared for the fit it might produce. Even if it was only to see his eyes flashing with emotion. He thought with a tiny grin.

"So now that I have had my breakfast, and my good morning kiss. I believe it's time to return to school." He laughed as he leaned up and brushed a light kiss across the already kiss swollen lips.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Lucius didn't mind the public snog, as everything leading up to this moment felt like a big release. He didn't even mind the tongue in his mouth as he kissed him back heatedly, forgetting where they were for a moment. He loved every minute of it as a matter of fact but when they parted, he saw the forgotten muffin and looked cross.

"What breakfast! You didn't even eat it. You can not get enough fill on a kiss alone." Lucius huffed and gestured to it. "I have crumbs all inside my bag because I was kind enough to bring you something to eat." He chided and pouted at him. "And there it is on the ground." He shook his head and got up to his feet, dusting his pants off.

"Come then." The miffed expression wore away as he extended his hand to help Sirius up. "We should get back to the castle, as I do not wish to be late. It'd be quite poor for a prefect to be late, wouldn't you say?"
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:00 am

Sirius grinned unabashedly and picked the muffin up, dusting it off and thoroughly inspecting it for other impurities before taking a healthy bite of it. He reached out for Lucius's hand and for the briefest second thought of pulling the other team down with him on the lawn again. But common sense won out in the end and he just got to his feet.

"You're right. It wouldn't do. Although being late because Sirius Black made you so would flip the teachers wigs." He winked playfully as he lacd their fingers together and started walked towards the castle, taking smaller bites as they went until the muffin was gone. At the main door he parted and blew Lucius a kiss. "Until later."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:24 pm

"See you soon, Sirius. Play nice, hm? Don't want any detentions mucking up our time together." He said playfully and parted from the other teen. He backed up into a pillar, blushed, and turned around to run off in the opposite direction. Sirius was having an interesting effect on him. Just the sight of him, and he went weak in the knees.

He knocked himself for being silly- sliding into class next to Severus just in time.

"Was everything alright?"

"Everything's just fine." Lucius smiled at Severus and turned his attention back to Binns. Regretfully.

-

It wasn't until potions that Lucius was going to Sirius again- and he was looking forward to it more than he normally was. Lucius and Severus sat side by side, much like they always did, at their usual table by the front.

Slughorn looked eagerly around the room at his students. "Class! Excellent news! ...For some. I wanted to change things up a bit. I think it's time to swap up the usual for the unusual. I willl be asigning you new partners!"

A collective groan passed over the class.

"Now now, it won't be that bad." Slughorn looked amused at them. "I've put a lot of careful thought in picking new partners for you. This was done in part, based on performance and poor grades- and also to change up house loyalty lines. I think you all need to make new friends." He said and began to list off new partners. "James Potter and Lily Evans. Peter Pettigrew and Thomas Malley. Remus Lupin, and Severus Snape. I expect brilliance from you two." He nodded to them. "And Lucius Malfoy and Sirius Black- Mr. Black, I expect you to benefit highly from this partnership. ....Now then! Today we will be brewing a potent energy creation- something you all should benefit from given those who are going on to higher level wizarding education... Get yourselves settled, and then we'll begin."

Severus cast a longing look at his best friend. "See you for lunch?"

"Always." Lucius smiled at him and left the table to join Sirius.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Sirius blinked as Slughorn called out nre partners, he heard Lily groan and cast an apologetic glance her way as James slid into his new seat; trying to act cool and give Lily what was supposed to be a blink but ended up looking like a full face flinch. He pulled his gaze away however as Lucius took his seat and turned with a rougish smirk.

"Fancy meeting you here Lucius. Do you frequent these parts often?" His smile was playful as he nodded over to Severus and Remus. "You think they can co exist?" He didn't want to admit it but he thought they made a good pair.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:40 pm

Lily sighed when James sat next to her. "Potter, are you alright? Is your face having a spasm?" She grabbed her potions tools and laid them out- wondering if she had angered Slughorn some how.

-

Lucius smirked a little as he sat down. "Suppose this works out rather nicely, hm? I get to be your tutor." He said playfully and started preparing his tools to use along with his guide. Lucius was excellent at potions, and a member of the Slug Club along with Lily. Severus could have joined, but he was a loner. "Oh I hope so." lucius sighed. "Because in a way, Slughorn is correct. Friends do need to be made..." He had a guilty look on his face for leaving Severus alone to see Sirius. "Sev is wicked funny when you get to know him."

-

Severus nodded to Remus when he sat down. "Good afternoon, Lupin. I suppose Slughorn is correct to expect brilliance from our partnership. I have seen your work before with your friends." He said as evenly as possible. He didn't want to come off as anything other than completely professional. After all, he didn't want to give Remus's friends any potential fuel to pick on him further, but he also saw the writing on the wall. Lucius was falling for Sirius- which meant his best friend was going to be around less.

He didn't want to feel the ache of loneliness again. Maybe it would be alright to have Remus as a partner.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:21 am

James watched as Lily prepared everything neatly, reaching out once to touch a curled root but pulling his hand back when she glared at him. Still youthful optimism let him believe that with a smile he could change her sudden bad mood around and that things would be ok. With a smarmy smile he leaned close, putting his chin on his hand.

"So Evans..." He practically shrunk back when she glared at him again, it definitely wasn't going the way he'd hoped.

---

"Well if anyone can get him to open up it's Remy. He's got the gift of gab that one. And to be honest, he needs someone that is intellectually his equal. He puts up with a lot from me and James, so I think this will be good for him." He grins over at Lucius, watching him covertly as he puts everything in neat order. "So, if I'm a good student...what do I get." He teases as he reaches under the desk and puts a hand on Lucius's knee, wanting to see if he can get a blush to rise on the pale cheeks.

---

"Thank you Severus. Please forgive me for the use of your first name, but I feel that Snape is very...well impersonal." Remus grinned as he put his book in front of him. "Your work is very impressive as well. Are you looking to be a master at it one day?"

Remus could feel himself starting to ramble and he looked down with a light flush. It wasn't often that he got to work with someone that was on par with him mentally, and deep down he was glad that Slughorn had assigned them to one another. He loves his mates, but at the same time he didn't want to be the one that bore the brunt of the work.

"And please, call me Remus." He gave Severus a reserved smile before opening his book. "Lets begin shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:51 pm

"Yes Potter?" She asked cooly. The smile hadn't warmed her mood any. She glanced over to Slughorn who smiled at her and she sighed. Slughorn wanted her to help students who needed help.

James was unfortunately one of those students, so she would have to suck it up. She forced a smile to her face and began to speak. "...Why don't you start chopping this root? I'll work on peeling. Make sure when you start chopping the pieces are roughly one inch in size- doesn't matter the shape. This is a common root used in most potions, we'll most likely need it for our latest project." She slid the root over to him and began to peel another.

-

"Right... Remus then." Severus nodded. "I do wish to be a master. Maybe be a teacher- or at least that is what I've been considering, but often brush it off as brief moments of insanity."

He pulled out his book, the one he kept many of his thoughts and spells he crafted and opened it up, waiting for Slughorn to give them their newest potion. He glanced over to Remus out of the corner of his eye, debating on what to say.

"You're... fairly good yourself. It seems your friends have the tendency to hold you back at times. Hopefully this experience will let you expand your skills." He glanced back to Lucius who was currently blushing about something. He turned back around and shook his head. "We will also see how distraction comes into play with my usual partner..."

-

Lucius wrinkled his nose in dismay at him, sliding his hand off his leg. "Honestly Sirius, this is potions class. Now is not the time for those types of thoughts." He said and did blush, wondering if anyone saw that. When he was certain no one did, he leaned over and whispered: I may just sneak into your dorm room again for a 'study session' should you do well.

"Alright class! Now that you're all situated, we'll be working on a love potion!"

Lucius just shook his head. Leave it to Slughorn to prove him wrong.

"Maybe it'll help you get a date to the ball. Though I have heard that one of my favorite students is going with a Gryffindor." He winked at Lucius, who did his best to not blush further. "I don't need to tell you how important it is to be careful with this potion! We don't need any accidents now. Or broken hearts..."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:49 pm

James took the root and slowly began to cut, although with his mind on things other than his work--like the smell of Lily's hair--it didn't come out too well. While they weren't mutilated they weren't all the same length, some not even making it a quarter of an inch in length.

With his face glowing crimson he gathered up the ruined pieces and went to grab more from the student's cupboard. With a small smile he returned to the table and started to cut in earnest, wondering if maybe his constant flirting with Lily was the wrong tactic.

As he cut into the second root he risked a look over at Lily and asked quietly, his voice devoid of it's normal cockiness. "Fancy to accompany me to the Ball Lils?"

----

Remus nodded, Severus had the long and the short of it. While he loved his mates, they did hold him back in class some times. He followed Severus's line of sight and let himself smile a bit.

"Ahh, another friend at odds at the newest pair. I think it will amusing what changes they will work on each other, but fear not, like I was just telling James...you are not being replaced, no one can take your place in his life." He blinked at the potion that Slughorn wanted them to make and he let out sigh as he palmed his face. "Yeah, like that's not going to cause some major issues around here."

----

It was Sirius's turn to blush as he look down at the table. The prospect of another dorm room visit was something that found excited him quite a bit, even if he was worried about how he was going to get Lucius of the room after their 'study session'.

He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when Slughorn made his announcement. He looked over to where James seemed to be too focused on his work to really pay that much attention. But he was sure that when it sank in later he'd never hear the end of one crack pot scheme after the other.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:48 am

Lily watched the first batch of root being quartered in strange lengths, and sighed. No wonder James had a problem with this class. She took the ones that were the correct size and through them in the cauldron.

On his second root however, things seemed to be going a bit better. "That's it James, those are way better." She took the pieces and put them in, a long with her ingredients she was working on. "Now, we need to let the stock mix we just made simmer for the- what?" She blinked in surprise.

"You want me to go to the ball with you? ...Well. I don't know, James. You've been off lately. Fighting with Sirius- which, by the way, the whole house knows about. Pettigrew's a bit of a gossip. You should chill out, Sirius seems happy. Besides, relationships at Hogwarts only last a week at the most at times." She shrugged her shoulder. "...If you chill out about it, I suppose I'll go to the ball with you."

-

"I am not at odds with them... totally. I worry for Lucius because he is my friend- but.... Black makes him happy. He went off looking for him this morning, worried about his well being as Black didn't show up for breakfast." Severus sighed. "So, after that, I've come to terms with it and will support him in his decision." He blinked at Remus. "I was hoping to not be replaced, but then it dawned on me that Black can do things for Lucius that I will not do, as he is my best friend. He's not best friends with Black, he's... well... you know." He made a motion with his hands and then cleared his throat to get his mind off the subject, just in time for Slughorn's discussion on what they were going to make.

"Are you mad?!" He blurted out and eyed the people in the room. If something went wrong, there'd be a massive orgy in the potions classroom.

"Why no, no I am not. 10 points from Slytherin for guessing upon my mental state."

Snape groaned and put his head in his hands. "This is a bad idea, Remus."

-

Lucius swallowed. Severus never spoke out of class, clearly his best friend was at odds with what they were going to be making for obvious reasons. "I suppose then, we should get to work on our potion Sirius." He unrolled his tools, sliding off his stool to go get the required items from the student's closet. He came back and began to cut.

"This is a bad idea, you know. The vapors from such a powerful potion alone could insinuate... er... use your imagination... to everyone in the room." He murmured to him. "Potter could start making out with Evans over there, who wouldn't put up a fight due to the nature of the potion, Lupin and Sev might get past first base, and you and I of course would set the room on fire."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:31 pm

James allowed himself to smile as he looked over at Lily; thinking that maybe he'd finally broke past her wall of indifference towards him. The moment however was fleeting as he watched Severus question the mental ability of Slughorn. Blinking a bit behind his glasses he looked over at Lily and spoke in a low voice.

"It has to be bad when Snivvy doesn't want to brew." He said, the nickname passing his lips before he could stop it. It was common knowledge that Lily and Severus were on speaking terms at least and that she'd more than once taken up for him in the halls. "I mean, Severus. He's always so eager for whatever it is that Sluggy wants to do."

----

Remus flushed a bright pink at Severus's motions and he shook his head; knowing what Sirius and Lucius were probably doing was not the same as picturing it and he coughed before looking over at Severus with imploring eyes.

"I'm begging you Severus, I don't know what think of what they do in the private moments they have. But I am happy that you're at least thinking of your friends happiness rather than your own...unlike...WHAT?"

Slughorns' words had finally sank in and he looked at the Professor with with blinking, owlish eyes. It took him a moment however to form his thoughts into coherent words and twice his mouth worked itself silently. Beside him he could hear Severus muttering under his breath, catching the odd phrase of "Barking Mad" or "Loony old Crack Pot". With a wavering voice he spoke up, glancing around at the others in the room.

"Professor, don't you think that...that potion is a bit advanced for the beginning of the term? We've not fully learned the proper procedures of how to work around something so strong without succumbing to it's powers. Just the fumes alone can addle all our brains, not to mention the residue that the fumes of so many cauldrons making the same thing will leave. I shudder to think of the effect that it might have on the third years that have this class next. Besides some of our own here might not be...er..mature enough to work on it without being tempted to take some and use if for their own gains."

----

Sirius listened to Remus trying to persuade Slughorn to change his mind but he knew that from the jovial look on the professors face that it was a losing battle and that in the end they'd all be making the potion anyways. He gathered some of the ingredients that Lucius had procured for them and worked on getting them into their right consistency for the potion before speaking lowly to Lucius.

"Well for one I don't think that Lily would mind too much judging by what I overheard between her and Molly Prewett one night in the common room. But James's natural pratness keeps her away." He looked over at Remus and smirked just a bit. "As for Remy, it would be a miracle if something happened between him and Severus, Remy once told me that books were his lovers. So maybe they'll actually make a mental connection Lucius that will serve them well into adult hood." With a lecherous grin he rubbed his knee against Lucius's under the table. "As for us.....well a show we'll definitely put on, something only those that have stolen their parents 'personal' movies will have seen. Besides, old Sluggy just wants to watch, he's been a potions master here for how long now? He knows what this potion does. I guess it'll be entertaining to watch at least."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:37 pm

"Severus never would question a teacher, but.... he may have a point. This could be a bad idea. If someone spills their potion or makes a strong one, it could... well... it could actually be pretty funny." Lily said slowly. "Slughorn likes to play little jokes on people. I'm thinking this may be one of them." She mused.

"I need you to pass me the rose petals. Pink and red- not yellow. The yellow ones will ruin the nature of the potion."

-

"Ten points, of all the things." Snape growled and looked to Remus. "He's insane. Just insane." He crossed his arms across his chest, looking rather bitter.

"Young master Lupin, it will be fine. This type of potion is necessary for you all to learn because it's highly complex and the skills you will learn from brewing it will be necessary for your N.E.W.T.S. I have plenty of antidote here on the desk, and I've put up charms to quickly dissipate any unwanted fumes. Therefore everyone is safe."

Snape scowled still and with a heavy sigh, opened up his battered potions book. "We'd best begin then." There were things written all over the margins, ranging from notes to scrawls relating to spell craft that wouldn't make much sense to anyone looking at it.

"We need to go about this slowly. We can avoid getting the worst of the effect by brewing it slow as according to the book, the best result is a potion that starts off mild then hits fast and lasts long..."

-

"It is difficult to deal with, and Evans has no patience for that sort of thing so I'm not surprised." Lucius sniffed and looked over to them. "Potter would do best to just drop whatever attitude he thinks is cool and be himself. He might get somewhere then."

Lucius began work on the base of their potion, sliding some of the roots he had chopped. "I... well... I hope so. It would be good for Sev to find someone he can count on as a friend. Lupin seems like a good choice." He nodded. "They both enjoy books. That's enough for Sev to try and forage a friendship. ...I remember we really became friends because I didn't recognize a book of poetry he had. He read them to me-- they were quite beautiful." Lucius mused and then blushed, nearly dropping his cutting tool at what Sirius said.

"Sirius Black, at times you can be simply scandalous." He grinned at him and looked over to Slughorn who was watching his students intently. "He looks like he's up to something... Clearly he expects shenanigans from this, because they must have happened before."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:46 pm

James nodded and pulled the bowl of petals over to himself, carefully picking out the red and pink and laying them in small piles at side of the cauldron. He wanted to ask what the yellow petals would have done to the potion but he was sure that at some time Slughorn had mentioned and he'd just been not paying attention at the time.

Soon they were all sorted and he looked at the directions in the book next to get a good start on the next step even though his mind was on the ball and the possiblity that Lily was going with him.

"So what are you planning on wearing Evans....so that--uh, I may dress to match?" He finished lamely as he put his head on his hand; his elbow knocking into the yellow petals and sending them to the floor in a bright yellow water fall.

----

Remus nodded as he peered over at the well worn book. "S;ow and steady wins the race it seems." He smiled before his ears pinked at the ending of Severus's sentence.

I've been spending too much time with James and Sirius if my mind jumped to that right away. Come out of it man, it's Severus....but he's never done anything out of the ordinary to me, it's just James that has the most problem......Who cares! Just concentrate on the potion.

With a slight head shake he worked on separating the rose petals and then measuring out the right amount of Cocao to add in so that the potion didn't taste like the oil of the oysters that they'd have to add in later. The flames on the bottom of the cauldron started to lick along the sides so Remus tapped his wand against the side and lowered the light blue colored fire.

----

Sirius laughed as he started to work on getting the ingredients ready. "That I am, but then that's what makes me -me."

He risked a look up at Slughorn and watched as a sly smile crossed his features when he started to walk the rows of desks. It was obvious that the man was up to something; it was just wondering what it was that he was waiting on happening.

"Ahh, James. The great git; he might be my brother in some ways but he'll never truly be able to let go of his attitude; he was an only son so he's got a rather spoilt view of himself sometimes." As he spoke he looked over towards where James was sitting and chuckled as the dark haired man picked up a rose that yet to be de-petaled and handed it to Lily with a wink. "Of course maybe she'll be the one to bring him out of it."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:22 pm

She sighed and took the rose, trying not to smile but she did anyway. It was cute- and when James was being less... James.... he wasn't so bad.

Lily quickly got down and picked them all up, making sure none of them went into their potion. "Phew. Be more careful- yellow petals stand for friendship. You don't want 'friendship' to be apart of a potion for lust." She placed them back in the bowl. "That's actually part of the antidote. My outfit...?"

Lily blinked. She hadn't given it a thought at all. It had to be easy as she didn't have a lot of time to really do something great. She did however, have a bunch of red fabric. "Er... I'm not sure. I was thinking of going as something representing the element of fire- so... red. Be prepared to wear red."

-

Snape made a slight face at the smell. It wasn't bad, and the ventilation charms in the room helped dissipate the smell, but there was the residual coming off of their potion. His cheeks pinked up, and he felt himself looking at Remus while he stirred.

Smart... for a Gryffindor... "It's coming along well." He murmured and pulled himself away from the potion to begin work on getting the oil from the oysters ready. He wrinkled his nose at that and put it into the potion as well. He stirred it once clockwise and the brew turned the correct shade of red for that stage.

"Excellent, Remus. We're moving along well."

-

"They'll be good for each other I suppose." Lucius went about preparing some of their ingredients, putting each one in the potion. He wasn't concentrating completely though, and accidentally sliced the pad of his finger. A bead of blood dripped into the potion. He didn't notice that right away either until he looked down at his finger.

"Damn!" He shook out his hand. "I cut my finger." He muttered as he wrapped up his finger. He glanced down at their potion and immediately winced as it turned a deep red, bordering on purple. "...Oh. Oh, damn Sirius- I'm sorry." He winced glancing down at it. "I think I got blood in the potion. I'm not sure if it'll be alright or not...we... we should keep going regardless. It's too late to turn back now."

Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 3:21 pm

James grinned but then cocked his head to the side. "Why can't you have friendship in a love potion? I always heard that the best relationships were the ones that both parties thought they were friends first." He playfully nudged Lily's foot under the table, smiling at her as he waggled an eyebrow. "Red? Not only the element of fire, but of passion...are you a passionate woman Lily?"

----

"As if I had any doubt with the two of working along side one another." Remus smiled as he consulted the book. "Hmm, three more stirs counter clockwise and then it simmers for ten minutes and then finally the Cocoa."

Remus let his eyes drift from the book over to pale teen next to him and just let his eyes wander for moment on his face. Pale? Yes Severus was pale, but with his hair coloring it was exotic looking. A large nose, well, it was more aquiline and very strong, something that in Knightly times was considered a sign of nobility. His hair was greasy yes, but it seemed to be more of a defensive mechanism than anything else.

For the briefest moment Remus felt the urge to touch his hair and had even raised his hand to do so, but stopped himself, turning his attention back instead to the book and reading through the notes on the potion.

----

Sirius looked at the potion and chewed his lip. "I don't know Lucius, what can blood in a potion do? Especially one like this? Maybe we should ask Professor Slughorn. What if it turns the drinker into his sadist that loves to see their lovers bleed. Maybe he'll let us start over? I'm sure he would let us do something as a make up so that we don't lose full credits?"

He looked into the cauldron and then over at James and Remus, noticing that they all seemed to be getting along pretty well, Lily hadn't turned her wand on James and Remus seemed to be taking an extreme notice of his partner. With a shake of his head he turned back to Lucius.

"Perhaps you're right, Sluggy did say that he had antidote on hand to keep anything from happening. Besides, what's the worst that can happen?" He looked back down at the potion before looking at Lucius again. "If you want I'll taste the potion when it comes to try it."
Back to top Go down
Lily Evans

Lily Evans

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:18 am

"Potter, it's not a love potion." Lily looked at him flatly. "It's a lust potion. Friendship has nothing to do with lust, lust has everything to do with loosing control of yourself in favor of intimacy. Lust can make lovers from enemies. And that is why friendship has no part in this potion, as it can simply override any pre-existing feelings."

She sighed. "...I am... not even sure how to answer that one Potter- take a guess." She said and gestured to the rest of their ingredients. "Can you get the oil of oysters ready?"

-

Severus nodded, following out Remus's direction. Their potion slowly changed to a darker color, grinning proudly. "We have done well Remus. I think we need to let it simmer for a bit and then we'll be ready for judging." He sat back satisfied with himself and their partnership.

"I think we've done well working together. We've finished before anyone else. We make an excellent team." He nodded and slowly stuck out his hand to Remus for the other teen to shake. "If we partner again in the future, I will expect similar results." He wondered if Remus was going to that dance Lucius was constantly going on about.

"...Are you going to that ball too?"

-

Lucius nodded slowly, looking down at the potion. "If anything happens you'll be after me since it is my blood. It might be alright. Maybe the personal touch of blood is like a signature. It might work like a homing missile, so to speak."

Slughorn walked on over, noticing Lucius fiddling with some bandages. "What's going on? Lucius- your hand, are you-"

"Yes, I'm fine professor- but my blood got in the brew. ...We don't have to start over do we?" He bit his lip, looking up at his favorite professor in an attempt to sway his position.

"Oh... Oh I see." Slughorn looked into the cauldron. "I don't think it will effect the nature of the potion too horribly. The color isn't that off... We will make sure to test yours however, after the rest of the students have gone. Just in case. Who knows! You boys may be on to something! That is the nature of potions, sometimes a science sometimes a bit experimental. All else looks well! Continue on."

Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:01 pm

"Lust. Love. They both stem from the same base; desire. Lust is just the more physical side of things. And who says you can't lust after your friends? I dare anyone to say that it's impossible. I still maintain that yellow rose petals won't damage the brew; but since you're a dragon about your grades, I'll get Moony or even Pads to try and brew the same with the yellow and see what happens."

He grinned a bit as he leaned close, winking at Lily. "Although I do believe that you're a passionate woman, passionate about your friends, your grades....it's all inside of you Lily, you don't do things half arsed; even dating. That's why when I win your heart and we get married, our love will a love of the ages."

----

Remus took Severus's hand and gave it a firm shake; making extreme effort not to notice how soft the skin was. It's all part of the fumes from the potion, as soon as you're out of the room it'll wear off and you'll be back to normal.

"I'm pleased as well, and certainly, should we find ourselves partnered we should expect nothing but the best." He did blink however at Severus's words and he cleared his throat as he looked away. "I'm going....but not with anyone. That's more Pads and Prongs bag. I'm going to supervise and make sure they don't over spike the punch. I'll more than likely spend my time standing against the wall." He bit his lip and looked over at Severus through lowered eyelashes. "What about you?"

----

Sirius shook his head as he looked in the cauldron, true to Slughorn's words it wasn't too far off from the color it was supposed to be, but he couldn't help but feel that it could mean something bad. Still Slughorn was going to make them wait until everyone had cleared out so he couldn't do too much damage....

Not unless I throw Lucius up on the desk and my way with him, making him arch and whimper as I ravish him on the table. And what if I get too far before Slughorn can get the antidote in me, then things are really going to end well...although the image of Lucius sweaty and spent is rather appealing...STOP THAT! Now is not the time to indulge that type of thinking....

With a red face he gave shake of his head and tried to force himself to not thinking anything dirty of any kind but he couldn't help but steal heated looks at Lucius from the corner of his eyes, and he knew that it didn't have anything to do with the potion at all.
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 2:43 am

"Alright Potter, you go ahead and you do that." Lily rolled her eyes, feeling that she was correct beyond measure. She lessened the heat on their potion, letting it simmer as the last step in the potion.

"As a matter of fact, if your potion with the yellow petals in it does better than the one we're making now, I'll go on a date with you. HOWEVER, if this one does better, then..." She tried to think of a good thing to wager on for her, her green eyes finally rounding on Sirius and Lucius and Remus and Snape. "You officially extend an olive branch to Malfoy and Snape."

-

He felt a little flushed shaking hands with Remus. He brushed it off as having difficultly making connections with others.

"Me...?" Severus said slowly, contemplating the ball for the first time since Lucius asked him to go. He had asked Remus in small talk if he was going to go, but never had an answer prepared if he was asked in return. "Lucius asked me to go with him originally. I told him no. I then suppose I won't be partaking in being a wall flower. Rather, I'll be in the common room."

Even if he wanted to go, he had no way of affording a proper set of robes to go and look presentable. He knew Lucius would help him, but he didn't want the help. He wanted to be able to afford his own robes, but if he had money for nice robes, he could obviously spend it on things he needed more in his life.

-

Lucius nodded at Slughorn, feeling slightly better. He looked back to Sirius after the older man had left his side, blinking a little at the expression on his face. "Now Sirius... is that because I'm sexy beyond belief, or because of the potion?"He teased and sat back on the stool. "I suppose then we'll let it simmer, we've done all of the steps. We finished in some time, Sirius. Not too bad either, provided our potion doesn't cause any trouble... Are you sure you want to taste it? It's my blood. I could, and chances are it might not effect me- I don't like the thought of you getting injured somehow because of my carelessness."

Slughorn looked up at the clock gleefully. "Excellent! You're all doing well! You've got fifteen minutes left, and then I'll be around to judge your potions. Good luck!"
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:36 pm

James looked over at the two Slytherins and pulled a horrified face that morphed into a sulky, child like face. "Do I have too?"

It wasn't that he actually hated the two, they were just Slytherins'. And everyone knew that Slytherins were good for nothing, snakes in the grass. Pun fully intended every time was uttered. He smiled though as he put his hand out to shake on the terms.

"Deal. When I prove that a potion brewed with yellow petals far stronger than one with pink and red we'll paint Hogsmeade red. Question of the hour. Who are we going to test it on?"

----

Remus tried to not let the disappointment at hearing Severus's answer show and he put on a smile. "Well, I wish I could be doing the same, there are some text books calling my name. But I hope that you enjoy your quiet time Severus...although, should you get bored and want..intelligent conversation you know where to find me."

Slughorn's announcement didn't surprise him in the least and he turned to face the Professor, focusing on the tiny bottles of anitidote; feeling that the answer to his sudden attraction was held within it's glass walls.

"Which one of us do think should try the potion?" He asked as he turned back to look at Severus, his hands twisting in his robes.

It wasn't that he was afraid of the affects but anything that nudged base instincts seemed to be stronger on him because of his 'furry little problem' as James and Sirius liked to call it, and he didn't really want to see what the potion would do to him.

----

"Definitely because you're that sexy." Sirius answered without a second thought and then blushed as he ducked his head. "I don't need a potion to think what I'm thinking right now, but I'm sure it's not helping any either." He grinned playfully as he looked at Slughorn waiting patiently at the front of the class for the fifteen minutes to be up.

"I'll taste it, I'm sure nothing you could have done to that potion will harm me. I've done much more dangerous than ingest some blood." He let his face go sober though there was no seriousness behind it. "Unless it makes me your love puppet, then what would the rest of the Slytherin common room think when you have Sirius Black sitting at your feet or standing behind you feeding you grapes." He gave an exaggerated shifty eyed look around the room. "Or snogging you senseless on the couch where everyone can see."
Back to top Go down
Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Lily blinked. "Well... I'm not sure." She quickly bottled two samples, one she left on the desk for Slughorn, and the other she pocketed for them to test later. "It should be a couple. ...Maybe Malfoy and Sirius won't mind trying it out. Malfoy's great at potions so he should be intrigued by the experiment. Plus, they're a couple already, so there won't be any messy outcomes with antidotes or one sided love. ...We might even be doing them a favor." She shrugged her shoulder, her eyes rounding down on the glass bottle on the table for them to test.

"Who drinks this then?" She asked slowly, wincing the second she said it. One of them would have to taste it.

-

"I will come looking for you if I get bored." Severus nodded slowly. "I'll taste it. Lucius said I have the same desire for sex as a stone does, so I should be fine then by tasting it." He offered and looked over to Slughorn as he approached them.

"Well boys! First done, first judged!" He put a bottle of antidote down on the table, smiling to the two of them. "You finished in record time. I have no doubt in my mind that the both of you will do swimmingly on your NEWTS. Who is testing it?"

Snape muttered a thanks and took the bottle. "I am."

"Well, bottoms up then. ...Not literally of course."

Snape scowled at the thought and drank it down. It didn't taste unpleasant- quite the contrary, it was very smooth and went down slow. He smacked his lips and felt his face heat up instantly. "Mmm, well. It's quite good unfortunately." He said in a lazier manner than he ever would have spoken, his dark eyes focusing on Remus intently. With one smooth step he closed the gap between them. "I don't wish to go to the ball-- ever. I'd rather spend the night in the common room, snogging you senseless- I'm sorry, I don't know why I'm saying this but I can't help it- it will be empty that night. Everyone will be at the ball." He said inwardly mortified that he was saying all of this. "What do you say then?" He watched as one of his hands reached up and found it's way into Remus's hair. "I am very, truly sorry Remus."

"Antidote time!" Slughorn said cheerfully and force fed it to Snape who now looked completely mortified at his behavior. "Perfect marks gentlemen. ...Mr. Lupin, should you like to join Mr. Snape here in the common room on the night of the ball, I'll wave detention. Moving on!" He said chipperly and went on to the next couple.

-

Lucius turned a bright red- the thought of being kissed senseless in the common room was quite the idea. "Sirius! You are so bad, speaking like that in class..." He said and then leaned in to him. "Don't stop." He said coyly. "Whatever happens with the potion... We'll be fine. We're already dating, so... what's the harm?" He paused feeling an odd sensation. He glanced over Sirius's shoulder at James and Lily, as they seemed to be looking over in their direction. He gave them both an odd look before turning his attention to Severus and Remus, like the rest of the class was.

After watching their potion be judged, he clasped a hand over his mouth in shock. His gray eyes looked down at theirs, spiked with a potentially powerful ingredient of his own blood. If a potion could do that to Severus Snape- the boy with the sexual desire of a stone, then... his eyes rounded up at Sirius and he blushed fiercely.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black

Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:01 pm

James cocked his head to the side, his face a mask of concentration before he spoke. "You should. Because if I do, feeling the way I already feel about you, there is nothing that going to stop me from taking you and snogging you bloody insane. You might blush at that, but it's the truth and with your coolness towards me well that will help temper it."

James words died on his tongue as he watched Severus and Remus interact. He felt the childish urge to fake retch but the flush that covered Remus's fair skin left his mouth hanging open.

Surely...no. We would have noticed something by now....Remy is not good at hiding his feelings....but he does spend an awful lot of time in the library with the git....perhaps? yuck....I don't even want too think about it.

Once the antidote was administered he kept an eye on Remus, noticing how he turned away but the flush was still there. If Sirius had no objections to Lucius..perhaps Snape wasn't all bad either.

"Remus and Snape." He said in a hushed tone.

----

Blushing harder than he could ever remember doing in his life Remus stood with his mouth open; leaning a bit into Severus's touch. He opened his mouth to answer but was thankfully cut off by Slughorn feeding the antidote to Severus. Swallowing he turned away to hide his face but as the Professor moved on he studied Severus out of the corner of his eye.

Lowly he muttered so that no one else could hear him. "If I felt that was a sincere offer and not the effect of a powerful potion I'd accept." He left it hanging, hoping that he could play it off as the after effects of the fumes even though deep down in the pit of his stomach he knew that it wasn't completely the potion's fault.

----

"Way to go Remy!" Sirius cat called, chortling a bit even as Remy shot him a glare. He turned his attention back to Lucius and nodded. "I concur, we've already started the dating process, we know that there is heat between us Lucius. And we're going to be supervised and Sluggy isn't going to make us judge ours in front of the class. I'm sure nothing will happen."

He reached out and lightly ran his finger down Lucius's blushing face, grinning as he tucked a loose piece of hair behind his ear. He wasn't sure what was going to happen but if he was completely honest with himself, he wanted to see and the excitement curled in his stomach tightly. The tiny prickling of being watched cut through his thoughts and he looked up to see Lily looking at him.

The look wasn't the "I'm-going-to-kill-James" look that he normally saw in her face but more of a contemplative look and he looked back with a puzzled expression, his question clear on his face. ]i]"What's that look for Lils?"[/i]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hallowe'en Ball    The Hallowe'en Ball  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hallowe'en Ball
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Magic In Me :: In School :: Dining Hall-
Jump to: